Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #346
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Hi everyone! I am writing from our 1BR villa @ Wilderness Lodge
We've been here 8 days and I am SO HAPPY to report that I have seen a DRASTIC (and I mean incredibly substantial) DROP in CM's with scrappers on their lanyards!! In fact, I have not seen a SINGLE ONE!!!

Honestly, it's like "old times" again for us at least! I didn't even realize that I wasn't scrutinizing lanyards looking for scrappers as there weren't any.

Not to say that there are zero in all of WDW but Disney has DEFINITELY done something to curtail this madness and I am THRILLED beyond belief!!!

I just wanted to share the good news mid-trip, and I will be reporting back again after this trip is over (I hate saying that...lol)
Old 12-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #347
crgfsu1
DIS Veteran

Scared...

OK - stupidly, I ordered pins from ebay without checking here first. I have been on the disboards for a while, but didnt think about checking for advise on pin trading.

I order a lot of 100 pins from a red listed seller - nannub. I thought I did good by checking his feedback. I am now hoping that I will be able to trade the pins I ordered.

I am not a collector, just doing this as something fun to do at the parks, but in the same breath, I dont want fake pins.

I am not sure from what I have been reading if nannub's pins are official or what is being referred to as scrappers. Am I reading that the pins I will get will be good, but his practice of getting them is fishy?

TIA,
Cathy

No Wishes, Just A Dream
CBR 10/3 - 10/10/2007 & MNSSHP

crgfsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #348
Tammylynn
New trip in the works! Disneyland 4/29 - 5/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgfsu1 View Post
I order a lot of 100 pins from a red listed seller - nannub. I thought I did good by checking his feedback. I am now hoping that I will be able to trade the pins I ordered.
My first pin purchase (before this thread) was from nannub as well. I found out the next day about scrappers and sent a message to nannub asking about the pins and whether they were purchased at the parks. They told me they get their pins by trading at the world (but if they are selling scrappers they would say that anyway).

My red flag was that they were not willing to take a photo of the exact lot I would be getting. Also, rather than confirm for me that the pins were not scrappers, I was immediately offered a refund.

If I were in your shoes, I'd get a refund and purchase from a 'green' seller. It stinks, but it's something we can do to stop the influx of scrappers to the parks!

Tammylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #349
crgfsu1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammylynn View Post
My first pin purchase (before this thread) was from nannub as well. I found out the next day about scrappers and sent a message to nannub asking about the pins and whether they were purchased at the parks. They told me they get their pins by trading at the world (but if they are selling scrappers they would say that anyway).

My red flag was that they were not willing to take a photo of the exact lot I would be getting. Also, rather than confirm for me that the pins were not scrappers, I was immediately offered a refund.

If I were in your shoes, I'd get a refund and purchase from a 'green' seller. It stinks, but it's something we can do to stop the influx of scrappers to the parks!
Thanks for the advice. I have already received an e-mail that my order has been shipped. I have a 7 day return policy so I guess I will check them out when I receive them. Keep your fingers crossed

No Wishes, Just A Dream
CBR 10/3 - 10/10/2007 & MNSSHP

crgfsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #350
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

It's likely that some of them will be legit and very nice pins, what nannub does is buys scrappers, trades them to newbies for pins he asks them to purchase for him and then he sells those on eBay. He also trades scrappers to newbies for legit HM's and then puts them on eBay as well, he is also selling larger lots now which indicates that he's also selling scrappers.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #351
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Wow I'm far behind

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #352
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumottle View Post
Thanks for your reply, I will contact them today and see about rectifying the situation. Perhaps dzneypins should lose their GREEN rating on the first page of this thread, as that was the reason I decided to go ahead and buy from them. Hopefully we can keep other rookies like myself from making the same mistake...
So Red? or Orange?

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
LET'S GO PENS!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #353
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Mt Nittany is the only person who can make changes to the thread, I'm sure as soon as possible she will update dznypins status.
BTW, he

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #354
MountNittany

Updated

Also, does anyone know anything about 2010 WDW Hidden Mickey's? I can't find them on the odpt.com site.

NVM
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/f...Mickey2010.pdf
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/f...Mickey2010.pdf

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 01-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #355
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
BTW, he
Oh crud, I keep doing that! LOL Did the same thing to Grumpy Pirate.....I suck. LOL BTW, I'm a she.

So while at DLR this past weekend we did not see as many scrappers on CM lanyards, BUT we did see them on other people's lanyards, and in fact I got royally screwed on a night trade. I traded 2 really really good Hundred Mickey's for 1 scrapper and 1 very very badly damaged pin, I was sooooooooooooooo ticked!! Of course we didn't know until we got back to the room that night. So I have decided that when we got back (probably not until 2012 tho) I will NOT be trading with THOSE people at all. I was so excited about 1 of the pins too, it was almost my Holy Grail pin, not quite but almost...but someone DID have my HG pin and he wouldn't trade me at all.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #356
nuhertz
Earning My Ears

I unfortunately have just had a similar experience with nannub. I just hope everyone keeps reporting them to ebay and to Disney VerO and see if we can't get them pulled off of ebay.
nuhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #357
nuhertz
Earning My Ears

I recently purchased some pins from seller theatreandfilms and all the pins that were sent were 100% scrappers, poor off color remakes of cast lanyard pins. Contacting seller to see what he will do about it.
nuhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #358
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuhertz View Post
I recently purchased some pins from seller theatreandfilms and all the pins that were sent were 100% scrappers, poor off color remakes of cast lanyard pins. Contacting seller to see what he will do about it.
I will add him to the red list, thank you for your input!

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #359
MountNittany

I just bought a pin set and two 10th anniversary pins on ebay from 2 different sellers... I will post when I get them

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #360
mousehouselover
Your life is an occasion; rise to it. - Mr. Magorium

Location: My dream came true! I live 35 minutes away from my happy place!

I'm sadly reporting that in the last few weeks not only did I trade for a scrapper off a cast laynard but our friends got 2 in less than 24 hrs. Their DS (8) got a sedesma pin on Sat night. He was looking at the back and said there was something wrong with it. When I explained what he had, he was so sad that it wasn't a 'good' pin and our friends got a bit upset that the CM had left it on display to be traded off. They (the adults) got taken as well. They got a pin that was light and had misporportioned Mickey's on the back. I had just shown them my scrapper pin earlier in the day and that evening he brought me two pins and asked about them. One was good and the other wasn't. It's disheartening to get scrappers and several in such a short time. We got our friends hooked on trading two years ago and they are still enjoying it but it's losing the 'fun' factor since they've gotten the scrappers.

~*~DH~*~Noni~*~DD1~*~DD2~*~DS~*~Life with three teenagers: definately not for the faint of heart!
My Dreams came true: We moved to Central FL 11/09**I can visit WDW anytime and share the magic with those I love!
Most recent and upcoming: My first cruise: 4 days on Disney's Dream 9/30/12; a Magical birthday adventure being planned by DH 10/15-20/12; Be Our Guest ADR for 12/1/12 An exciting development: there's a CM in the family!! I can see even more Disney magic in my future!!

Last edited by mousehouselover; 01-05-2010 at 05:49 PM.
mousehouselover is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: