Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #331
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkfan637 View Post
I found a pin that I liked on eBay but I wanted to see if there were any scrappers out there. Where on Pin Pics does it state whether a pin design has known scrappers? Thanks in advance!
When you do a search on pin pics it will pull up a photo of the pin, scroll down and it gives details, there will be notes added by users of known scrapper "tells". There aren't always details, these notes are added by users. I've received scrappers of pins and not seen any notes on pinpics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelionqueen View Post
Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know that I actually did get my pins listed..HUGE feat, let me tell you! It is SO funny to me how every single pin recalls a memory for me. It was hard to let any of them go to be honest, but I think they're good lots. I also included pictures (didn't think I was going to).

I have been getting quite a few PM's so I thought I would list my ebay ID here (if that's ok, I think it is). My ebay ID is "coloradodisneylover" take a look if you want. After a few weeks, maybe I can earn my way onto the "green list"
Awesome!!!! I will definitely be looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calissto31 View Post
Has anyone had experience with elisabethturner? They are selling so many big lots on ebay that I am suspicious.
I have seen that seller and assume they are selling scrappers due to the size of the lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
Has anyone bought a lot from "steamtraininc" on ebay? He has great ratings and says his pins are "official", but I wasn't sure if anyone has experience with him. He's not listed in the OP.
THanks!
If he is not listed no one has purchased from him, but I looked and personally I would avoid him. His auctions smell of scrappers......

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #332
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelionqueen View Post
Hi everyone, I just wanted to check in and let anyone that is interested know that I am going to be selling my ALL AUTHENTIC Disney Pin lots on ebay

In getting ready for our upcoming trip, I found 7 bags FULL of pins that I cannot fit into my 7 pin books (can you tell I love this hobby

Anyway, I wanted to give people on the DIS and this thread first "crack". I will be listing them today (hopefully) and will NOT be taking individual pictures as it would literally take me days (see, there are legit pin lot sellers on ebay that have reasons for not taking individual pictures )

I can assure anyone interested that they are ALL authentic, not a scrapper in the bunch. Those who have read my posts on this topic would see my passion about this subject

I am selling them for $2.50 each. I usually don't keep starter sets, so I highly doubt there are any of those in there, but can't be positive I don't have 1 or 2. I don't keep cuties or promo pins, nothing like that. They are all authentic and likely 3-5 years old so there could be some highly sought after ones in there as well.

I will be selling them in groups of 20, and shipping flat rate USPS Priority mail. If you're interested, PM me and I will give you my ebay ID (100% feedback )

Hope everyone had a Happy thanksgiving!!
I just saw your ebay listings, and they look great (but I'm not an expert). I may buy one of your lots soon.
jandkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #333
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

I had a good experience with a seller on ebay called disneypinpros. I won an auction for the red mickey head completer pin. I did my research and paid for the item. The seller refunded my money, due to the fact that he thought it was a scrapper. He found this out and sent a note that he won't sell scrapper pins. He also has a 30 day return policy. I appreciated his honesty.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR GSC

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #334
samshane
DIS Veteran

So glad I found this post... we are headed to Disney beginning of Feb and I wanted to get the kids some pins as part of their surprise. I have many myself, I bought mine all in the parks (DH likes to say I have a small fortune around my neck - LOL) but I don't let the kids do anything with my pins... I know, selfish mom. I picked out each one because they were special to me.

I wanted to get them a couple each on ebay... now off to search to make sure I get them legitimate pins...

samshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #335
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Hi all,
Just wanted to report that we are officially UNDER one week until Christmas @ WDW
Sorry, just had to share my excitement
I will be trading pins (of course) and will update you on the scrappers I see. We trade everywhere so I will report back as best I can!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #336
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

I got some pins from TotalJohn, they all look very good!! I also bought some from a lady on Dizpins, she sent me 50 nice pins (a couple may be scrappers but I really can't tell, more research needed) for $1.60 a pin!! So far so good.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #337
REKALO
Earning My Ears

So we have figured out who in EBAY sells scrappers but how do we determine that the scrapper traders have not made it to the CM before us to trade scraps for authentics??

We trade alot of pins on our vacations . But I read this post before my last trip over Thanksgiving and thought while I was in the park........"Am I supposed to ask to see the back of the pin and examine it before I make my trade???"

What are some strategies to avoid scrappers on CM lanyards because lets be real, most CMs that I have traded with only look for the logo B4 placing it on their lanyard and going about their day. And yes on occasion, they have told me they flag obvious scrappers.

Does Disney have a nightly "Scrapper Finder" checking CM lanyards????????

Last edited by REKALO; 12-07-2009 at 10:21 PM.
REKALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:59 AM   #338
Nicsmom
DIS Veteran

MousePinsOnline -Another positive experience

Late last week I purchased 4-25 packs from their recent pin special and received them yesterday. Great pins, CL, HM, LE, Lanyard and regular traders all included. Great selection overall. I will definately purchase from them again.
Nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #339
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicsmom View Post
Late last week I purchased 4-25 packs from their recent pin special and received them yesterday. Great pins, CL, HM, LE, Lanyard and regular traders all included. Great selection overall. I will definately purchase from them again.
I have also used this site with good pins and success!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:27 AM   #340
Scrooge Jr
Mouseketeer

Hi, I知 Scrooge Jr. and I知 new to pen trading. My 9yo got started on our last trip to Disney (Nov. 19- Dec 1) and we did a lot of trading. Bought a starter box in the am and in the pm the last 5 days of our trip.

After reading all ya値l have to say I can稚 wait to go home and see if we have scrappers or not.

I will use all my knowledge not to buy scrappers and not to trade scrappers.

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #341
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge Jr View Post
Hi, I知 Scrooge Jr. and I知 new to pen trading. My 9yo got started on our last trip to Disney (Nov. 19- Dec 1) and we did a lot of trading. Bought a starter box in the am and in the pm the last 5 days of our trip.

After reading all ya値l have to say I can稚 wait to go home and see if we have scrappers or not.

I will use all my knowledge not to buy scrappers and not to trade scrappers.

Thanks!
Welcome to the thread Scrooge Jr!! Thank You for being willing to learn more about scrappers, we all appreciate it! If you have specific questions regarding a certain pin or pins please let us know, we will do our best to help you!

Old 12-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #342
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

I just was on ebay and MUBUNNY listed a whole bunch today. It's been a while.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #343
Scrooge Jr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Welcome to the thread Scrooge Jr!! Thank You for being willing to learn more about scrappers, we all appreciate it! If you have specific questions regarding a certain pin or pins please let us know, we will do our best to help you!
Yes, one for the moment. How do you know when a new pin is comming out? Is there a site or location I need to keep and eye on?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #344
mousehouselover
Your life is an occasion; rise to it. - Mr. Magorium

Location: My dream came true! I live 35 minutes away from my happy place!

Quote:
Yes, one for the moment. How do you know when a new pin is comming out? Is there a site or location I need to keep and eye on?
check here: http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/index

I often forget to look and then find out that I missed something cool while at the park.

~*~DH~*~Noni~*~DD1~*~DD2~*~DS~*~Life with three teenagers: definately not for the faint of heart!
My Dreams came true: We moved to Central FL 11/09**I can visit WDW anytime and share the magic with those I love!
Most recent and upcoming: My first cruise: 4 days on Disney's Dream 9/30/12; a Magical birthday adventure being planned by DH 10/15-20/12; Be Our Guest ADR for 12/1/12 An exciting development: there's a CM in the family!! I can see even more Disney magic in my future!!
mousehouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #345
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I just was on ebay and MUBUNNY listed a whole bunch today. It's been a while.
YAY!!! Mubunny rocks!!!! I love his stuff, bought a bunch from him before our last trip.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehouselover View Post
check here: http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/index

I often forget to look and then find out that I missed something cool while at the park.
Mousehouselover has given the correct link, that is the resource I use.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: