Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2009, 07:57 AM   #316
Tampa Mousekeeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
How can he possibly trade that many scrappers for that many real pins at Disney ?
Just the fact that he's selling 1000 pins at a time shocks me!
Does anyone buy those?!? .80 each ? How much does he pay!

Actually I didn't look thru all his auctions last night before I posted, he has 5 lots of 1,000 pins....I would guess he probably pays 20 cents for each pin from China, so he makes $600 on each auction.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #317
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Mousekeeter View Post
Curiosity got the best of me and I checked his auctions on Ebay tonite...he's selling 3 different lots of 1,000 pins each for a buy it now price of $799.00 which makes it 80 cents a piece....yeah they're real pins....
Quote:
Actually I didn't look thru all his auctions last night before I posted, he has 5 lots of 1,000 pins....I would guess he probably pays 20 cents for each pin from China, so he makes $600 on each auction.
That's just sickening....and yes, people will buy them.......how does Disney let him keep doing that? Why can't they just contact eBay and tell them to shut him down.....

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #318
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
That's just sickening....and yes, people will buy them.......how does Disney let him keep doing that? Why can't they just contact eBay and tell them to shut him down.....
And then they will resell them for $1.25-$1.50 each.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #319
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

The pins I was looking at were individual pins, not lots. I've done my research and at this time there are no known scrappers of these pins. Have you looked at any recently purchased pins from Disney? There are so many words and markings that scrapping should become more difficult.
DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #320
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
The pins I was looking at were individual pins, not lots. I've done my research and at this time there are no known scrappers of these pins. Have you looked at any recently purchased pins from Disney? There are so many words and markings that scrapping should become more difficult.
His individual pins are not usually scrappers, his large lots ARE. What he does is buy thousands of pins from China, he then takes them to parks and trades with people new to the "sport" and gives them scrappers in return for good LE's he asks them to buy....so he says "you can buy this pin from inside the store and I will trade" and people do, then they have a crap pin and he's got a good pin which he then lists on eBay for less then you can buy them from Disney. This is why he's on the RED list, because he's giving our "sport" a bad name.

Edited to add
Yes, there are many words and markings and yes it should be difficult but it isn't because many scrappers are made with the same molds as the official pins are. And yes, I was at DLR last month, I've seen pins very recently.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #321
Tampa Mousekeeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are absolutely correct, but you know it's just not him...he's always been on my radar because of his stupid behavior and the way I have seen him treat novice pin traders but there are quite a few doing the same exact thing. It brings down the entire Pin Trading hobby and is really, really not fair to the people who are spending their money and doing it the right way.
This is why a few of us on this board are so vocal with our opinions on buying any of the lots that are so underpriced you have to scratch your head and ask why?????? The once in a blue moon trader might not care but I sure care when I am the unlucky sucker picking your scrapper off a CM lanyard.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #322
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
You are absolutely correct, but you know it's just not him...he's always been on my radar because of his stupid behavior and the way I have seen him treat novice pin traders but there are quite a few doing the same exact thing. It brings down the entire Pin Trading hobby and is really, really not fair to the people who are spending their money and doing it the right way.
This is why a few of us on this board are so vocal with our opinions on buying any of the lots that are so underpriced you have to scratch your head and ask why?????? The once in a blue moon trader might not care but I sure care when I am the unlucky sucker picking your scrapper off a CM lanyard.
I know it's not just him. I'm not sure why you keep quoting me and telling me these things like I don't know...I'm very very prevalant on this thread, and I'm very vocal about my findings with eBay....I know the problems with scrappers and I'm fighting the same fight you are.......I'm one of the ones who is "vocal with my opinion" on buying any underpriced pins....I feel like you've targeted me as a newbie who has no clue when in fact you couldn't be more wrong........

If I have your intent for quoting me wrong then I apologize but really, if you've read the thread you know I have experience with this. It seems you quote me specifically quite often as if I have no idea what I'm talking about......

Last edited by pixiewings71; 11-25-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #323
Tampa Mousekeeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know it's not just him. I'm not sure why you keep quoting me and telling me these things like I don't know...I'm very very prevalant on this thread, and I'm very vocal about my findings with eBay....I know the problems with scrappers and I'm fighting the same fight you are.......I'm one of the ones who is "vocal with my opinion" on buying any underpriced pins....I feel like you've targeted me as a newbie who has no clue when in fact you couldn't be more wrong........

If I have your intent for quoting me wrong then I apologize but really, if you've read the thread you know I have experience with this. It seems you quote me specifically quite often as if I have no idea what I'm talking about......
I was not talking directly to you at all. I was simply telling others who may be interested in my opinion. Forums are for people to express their thoughts or give answers to people who ask questions, they should not be for one or two people to be "in charge of"... I was not speaking to you in my previous post I simply quoted one line of your post to make my answer easier for others to follow.
I am sure there are plenty of others who read this forum that have a ton more knowledge of pin trading than both of us, I was just adding my "opinion"..
Old 11-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #324
PinLuvr
Earning My Ears

Scrappers I have had the displeasure of dealing with

I had a BAD experience with "pinsonthego" but they are no longer registered.

Zoom_time is a big time scrapper dealer and will threaten and intimidate you into leaving no feedback if you call him/her on it. However, they will refund if you agree to not leave feedback.

I have noticed several sellers using illness and death as an excuse for slow shipping. My suspicion is they are buying time because they don't have enough pins and they are waiting for a new shipment of scrappers.

My issue with scrappers is, at this point (tens of thousands sold a week I bet) why should I trade anymore with CM's? Maybe I should just cave in and go back to buying scrappers (I didn't know at the time, you all enlightened me).

Luckily, I just collect for fun. So, as long as they look pretty, I am happy. I am not going to get bogged down in figuring out which are real and which are scrappers.
PinLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #325
rapriebe
Guess nobody is safe!!
Not really so quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinLuvr View Post
Luckily, I just collect for fun. So, as long as they look pretty, I am happy. I am not going to get bogged down in figuring out which are real and which are scrappers.
These are my thoughts exactly. I strictly trade for fun and can't be bothered to check on whether it's a scrapper or not. If I like it, I trade for it.

First visit to WDW 1989 and then discovered FW in 2001.
Many, many visits to FW since then.
rapriebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #326
hbkfan637
Mouseketeer

I found a pin that I liked on eBay but I wanted to see if there were any scrappers out there. Where on Pin Pics does it state whether a pin design has known scrappers? Thanks in advance!
hbkfan637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #327
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to check in and let anyone that is interested know that I am going to be selling my ALL AUTHENTIC Disney Pin lots on ebay

In getting ready for our upcoming trip, I found 7 bags FULL of pins that I cannot fit into my 7 pin books (can you tell I love this hobby

Anyway, I wanted to give people on the DIS and this thread first "crack". I will be listing them today (hopefully) and will NOT be taking individual pictures as it would literally take me days (see, there are legit pin lot sellers on ebay that have reasons for not taking individual pictures )

I can assure anyone interested that they are ALL authentic, not a scrapper in the bunch. Those who have read my posts on this topic would see my passion about this subject

I am selling them for $2.50 each. I usually don't keep starter sets, so I highly doubt there are any of those in there, but can't be positive I don't have 1 or 2. I don't keep cuties or promo pins, nothing like that. They are all authentic and likely 3-5 years old so there could be some highly sought after ones in there as well.

I will be selling them in groups of 20, and shipping flat rate USPS Priority mail. If you're interested, PM me and I will give you my ebay ID (100% feedback )

Hope everyone had a Happy thanksgiving!!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #328
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know that I actually did get my pins listed..HUGE feat, let me tell you! It is SO funny to me how every single pin recalls a memory for me. It was hard to let any of them go to be honest, but I think they're good lots. I also included pictures (didn't think I was going to).

I have been getting quite a few PM's so I thought I would list my ebay ID here (if that's ok, I think it is). My ebay ID is "coloradodisneylover" take a look if you want. After a few weeks, maybe I can earn my way onto the "green list"
Old 11-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #329
Calissto31
Mouseketeer

Has anyone had experience with elisabethturner? They are selling so many big lots on ebay that I am suspicious.

Calissto31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #330
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Has anyone bought a lot from "steamtraininc" on ebay? He has great ratings and says his pins are "official", but I wasn't sure if anyone has experience with him. He's not listed in the OP.
THanks!
jandkmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: