Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #1876
Eosphotog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddygirl View Post
Geez...never knew I would be such an expert on spotting fake Disney pins...all I wanted to do was get some traders for the kids. Little did I know!!!
I think one of the most valuable aspects of building a collection to trade in the part is I quickly got a good idea of the quality of commonly available scrappers. We're not the only ones who bought these lots, and we're certain to find these on CM lanyards, so seeing some in advance will certainly help filtering out pins that aren't legit.

Thankfully I was able to pick up inexpensive boosters ($2-$3/pin) from bizzybee1, pins4mepins4you, and pintastic_78. These pins all were clean, or came sealed.
Eosphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #1877
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

I have a serious problem. I can't stop buying pins. There are a lot of mystery pins I want but to buy them all individually cost a fortune so I have been looking for sellers selling the whole packs at what seem to be good prices, and taking my chances on getting what I want. I just found some new ones that I have not purchased from before. The pictures show brand new packs. I will let you know when I get them if they are good.

I LOVE Jessicaswholesale. She mostly sells coins but she throws in some Disney pins and they are really good prices. My husband and I both bought from her lol...

Just tried out vinylmations, disneypinfanatics and dizneestuff1. We'll see how it goes.
SupernaturalMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #1878
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

rememberme sent me a great LE pin that I just love. Excellent transaction. The pin was used but in beautiful condition and well packaged.

Got a new package from disneypinsandvinylmation... love their stuff but it was horribly packaged with already used bubble mailers cut and pieced together to make a package. And, I paid a LOT of money for shipping from them to get that kind of packaging. Not happy with that but the pins are great.

Then, guess what, got my package from disneypinfanatics and it was identical packaging. Can't complain about it too much this time because it was free shipping, but it was not only identical packaging but it was also same address and last name as disneypinsandvinylmation. Nothing wrong with having more than one selling id. Just letting you know that they apparently took an ID registered in 2008 that was never used and decided to start selling on it. Only 21 feedback as of today, but they are the same person as disneypinsandvinylmation so I would assume you will get the same service and quality. Of course I didn't know that until I purchased from them. I was taking a chance on a "new seller". Turned out fine. Still waiting on another purchase from the second id. The pins were perfect but the card got ruined from the poor packaging.

Still waiting, also, on some other purchases. Tracking numbers were supplied days ago but they haven't been shipped yet apparently. I'll post when I get them.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #1879
cootiezoo
Earning My Ears

I believe that I received scrappers from stevenbeck1682012. Someone left him negative feedback (posted after I made my purchase) for the exact same pins that I purchased and they received scrappers from him as well. It looks like he is selling the same pins over and over again. Highly suspect!

I received a booster set that I purchased from welovemmouse, it was packaged well and looks good!
cootiezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #1880
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

Dizneestuff1 - great pin packs, unopened, carefully shipped, reasonable price. A little more than I usually pay per pin on pin packs for trading, but these were ones I wanted to keep so it was worth it. I would buy from them again with no hesitation.

Domdisneypin - I am a repeat buyer and was happy with the loose pins I bought. They look quite legit, and to my knowledge there are no scrappers of the pins I bought. Obviously from previous posts I am fickle about how things are packaged, probably because I take such great care in packaging my sales for shipment, so I still say his packaging leaves something to be desired in protecting the pins, but they are nice and fairly priced for single pin items.

Gitanoman I normally love and am a repeat buyer. Just purchased a number of loose pins from him all advertised as new. 2 of them don't really look new, but are good quality and 1 has very obviously been through multiple trades and is in rough condition. The rest of the pins were beautiful.

Disneypinfanatics (same as disneypinsandvinylmation) had a great transaction this time. No funky packaging! Great pins, fair price.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #1881
kelsea823
Earning My Ears

How do you find these legitamate sellers? I would like to buy some pins for my grandchildren to trade.

Thank You!
kelsea823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #1882
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsea823 View Post
How do you find these legitamate sellers? I would like to buy some pins for my grandchildren to trade.

Thank You!
Use the previous 3 pages or so and read Supernaturalmommy's posts regarding her recent purchases. She has quite a few good sellers listed, then you simply search for them on eBay and start bidding.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #1883
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

Had another great package come in the mail from disneypinfanatics. It had the funky packaging again, but I get it now - lol. They are packaging them that way only on booster sets to (hopefully) keep them from getting bent. It didn't work with my single booster pack purchase, but it worked will with my multi booster pack purchase. Totally recommend this seller. They aren't the cheapest (meaning they don't sell for $1 per pin) but they are extremely reasonable and I love what I have gotten from them so far. I am still waiting on one transaction... I think it will be delivered today.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #1884
Bob Cobb
Earning My Ears

Themepark connection in Winter Garden Florida is a great place to pick up pins. They also have a website. I bought several pins last year forna reasonable price.
Bob Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #1885
MrsVB8505
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupernaturalMommy
Had another great package come in the mail from disneypinfanatics. It had the funky packaging again, but I get it now - lol. They are packaging them that way only on booster sets to (hopefully) keep them from getting bent. It didn't work with my single booster pack purchase, but it worked will with my multi booster pack purchase. Totally recommend this seller. They aren't the cheapest (meaning they don't sell for $1 per pin) but they are extremely reasonable and I love what I have gotten from them so far. I am still waiting on one transaction... I think it will be delivered today.
Thanks for all the great advice on eBay sellers.... It has really helped me A LOT! :-). I checked out disneypinfanatics and put in a best offer on something so we shall see. Thanks again!
MrsVB8505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #1886
TeamTilson
O'hana

I was sad to see a young girl swapping pins with a CM and the girl had a scrapper's famous sandwich bags with individual bagged pins which she was swapping with. I hate knowing that those bad pins are circulating around WDW.

From VA to WA! Moving from the East Coast to the West Coast (Richmond to Seattle) in June 2013!
TeamTilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #1887
spartankid34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTilson
I was sad to see a young girl swapping pins with a CM and the girl had a scrapper's famous sandwich bags with individual bagged pins which she was swapping with. I hate knowing that those bad pins are circulating around WDW.
Don't some pin packs come in these baggies? I bought some vinylmation jr pins at Disney last year and they did??

Past Trips: College Graduation Trip August 2011!!! [POP Century] August 1997 [AllStar Sports]

1st PTR August 2011 - Hey you're a college graduate, let's celebrate!!

Me Mom
spartankid34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:57 AM   #1888
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTilson View Post
You know, this may have been the case for this young girl but not everyone who carries pins in a sandwich bag with individual bagged pins have or are trading scrappers. This is exactly how I carry my pins and from my many posts in this thread I'm sure you can tell I'm pretty knowledgeable regarding scrappers. It's simply easier to carry pins this way, I can't carry a bag around all day (I tried once, I was in so much pain) so instead I fill up my lanyard and carry extras around bagged up just like this. In fact, I recommend carrying pins this way so they don't scratch each other up while being carried around.....

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #1889
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Heading to WDW for the pin trading event. Say hi if you see me. I will be on an ECV with a tan vest filled with pins, & a green hat filled with pins. Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #1890
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
You know, this may have been the case for this young girl but not everyone who carries pins in a sandwich bag with individual bagged pins have or are trading scrappers. This is exactly how I carry my pins and from my many posts in this thread I'm sure you can tell I'm pretty knowledgeable regarding scrappers. It's simply easier to carry pins this way, I can't carry a bag around all day (I tried once, I was in so much pain) so instead I fill up my lanyard and carry extras around bagged up just like this. In fact, I recommend carrying pins this way so they don't scratch each other up while being carried around.....
She's right. Carrying pin bags around sucks! It takes up a lot of room in your luggage. It adds extra weight to your neck, back, shoulder... I carry a couple of bags with me on my trips. I try to have 150 to 200 pins because I trade like crazy. I separate them into manageable bags and keep an empty one for the pins I have traded for.

This works for us, and if you have a large family of traders you may want to try it out for yourself... Each day I go to the park, I take a bag with me in my purse and wear my lanyard full of pins. I fill up lanyards for my kids as well, but I usually get stuck wearing both of their lanyards on and off throughout the day , as well as my own. As I trade, I put the pins I traded for into an empty bag inside a different pouch in my purse and refill our lanyards as they run out. At the end of the day when we get back to our resort, we go through our haul for the day: Inspect them more thoroughly, Decide which ones we like best, Weed out any duplication we may have made, And prepare the lanyards for the next day first filling them with any duplicates we may have accidentally gotten and the pins that we decide we don't like so much after all. When we head out the next day, we have our lanyards ready, and we grab another manageable bag of pins for my purse to refill the lanyards throughout the day. Sounds like a lot, but the system works really well for the heavy amount of trading that we do. I don't think I'll do it that way on the ship with our availability of going back to our room. I don't even know if that much trading goes on with the cruises. So, we will see.

Anyone done any trading on the cruises that have any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And... lastly, got another great package in the mail from Bizzybee1. She is already on the good sellers, but she is worth another mention.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: