Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #1831
wed100105
Mouseketeer

I came to this thread a little late. Can anyone identify if these are legit? I don't want to contribute to the scrapper problem. I bought several from this seller.

http://myworld.ebay.com/raredisneypi...84.m1439.l2754

I bought a starter set from this one.
http://myworld.ebay.com/sansshot2000...84.m1439.l2754
Old 07-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #1832
xtyr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupernaturalMommy

I looked over their auctions. I'd feel safe giving them a try. Most of their pins are on card and seem to be ones I have seen clearanced out. They probably got a good deal and are able to sell the stuff cheap enough to entice customers but still make a profit from deeply discounted items. I have some of the items they are selling, with the clearance stickers still on them, which is why I am making that guess. They have good feedback and aren't a huge store owner. Usually a good thing. Let us know how they turn out.
Thank you, I received the pins and they look great. No pits, colors look good, etc. The only thing I noticed was that on the back where the "pin" part is, there is only one "nub" instead of two. I pulled out my old pins some have 2 nubs and some have 1 nub. I also did some research on-line and it says most have 2 nub but 1 is normal too.
I am very happy with the purchase and thank you for setting my mind at ease. My boys just turned 7 and are excited to try out trading next time we go!
xtyr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #1833
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

My BFF works at a Disney store. They just got in some pins to put on the clearance rack. She picked them up for me, they ended up costing me about $2.20 a pin. I have 13 of the same pin, but they are all good traders. I have also picked up pins in the outlets for under $3 so they can most certainly be legit pins. Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #1834
mom2ohc
Earning My Ears

I got some pins over the weekend from disney.crazy. They are trash I should have known, but well, lesson learned.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #1835
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wed100105 View Post
I came to this thread a little late. Can anyone identify if these are legit? I don't want to contribute to the scrapper problem. I bought several from this seller.

Raredisneypins... their individual pins look like ones I have seen on clearance and most are not known to have scrapper versions. The ones I tend to watch out for are Hidden Mickey and Vinylmations. I know the Peter Pan one comes in a Vinylmation booster type set and I haven't researched yet if there are scrappers on that one as I bought the whole booster pack.

sansshot... the ones you need to be careful of are those 25 pins for $25. Looking at the photos, it looks like it is mostly booster pack pins over and over with a few rack pins thrown in. They could easily have gotten those for trade with a cast member, but to sell them so cheaply makes me wonder what they traded in return. They may just make enough profit from individuals to sell them cheap. I don't know. I have some of those from trading, but I haven't researched them for authenticity since they are still in the bucket from my last trip of pins I need to analyze. Do your research before you buy and you should be fine.
SupernaturalMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #1836
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Any thoughts on disneypinsandvinylmation?

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #1837
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
Any thoughts on disneypinsandvinylmation?
If I didn't already have almost every item they have for sale in multiples already, I would buy from them and stock up. Even on clearance I paid more than their opening bids.

Like me they are a buyer/seller. I see a lot of my customers have left them positive feedback and the ones we have in common I have dealt with enough times to know they would not leave good feedback if it wasn't warranted.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #1838
Megadisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Where to buy

Hi
I'm in Australia and want to buy a few pins to start my collection before I head to wdw. I'm not fussy about what pins but I don't want fakes.

I would prefer to buy directly from the Disney store but shipping for a few pins is almost $50

Any suggestions I'm so lost as to which sellers are good. Any current recommendations much appreciated!

Thanks!
Megadisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #1839
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadisneyfan View Post
Hi
I'm in Australia and want to buy a few pins to start my collection before I head to wdw. I'm not fussy about what pins but I don't want fakes.

I would prefer to buy directly from the Disney store but shipping for a few pins is almost $50

Any suggestions I'm so lost as to which sellers are good. Any current recommendations much appreciated!

Thanks!
Bizzybee1 and kittykat2bad are good sellers.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR GSC

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #1840
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

Time for my update about all the pins I bought the last couple of weeks.

Brandnamestuff went really well. I highly recommend them. Everything was brand new. I ended up buying 5 auctions from them in total and all came amazingly well packaged and in perfect condition. My kids can't wait to trade the stuff.

bizzybee1 - 2 booster packs in perfect condition

maboutiquepetite - horrible packaging resulting in a very large cardboard backed pin having the back all bent and creased so be careful. They only used a manila envelope.

pinstation-1 - gorgeous genuine pins and they sent me a message that they are having a sale right now.

sleepys_emporium - really gorgeous genuine pins

thewill, kenerbean, nana1026 - all great individual pins

My biggest purchase, and I waited a while and paid a lot in shipping because it came from Hong Kong, but if you are looking for great HKDL pins, then I recommend bestpinstore. The pins I received were very well packaged, came registered mail with signature confirmation, came in a HKDL shopping bag with HKDL park maps and stickers and I looked up every item and they are all completely legit, not scrappers or anything like that. All brand new and on card or in original packaging depending on the item. I bought some duplicates for trading. I like the HKDL pins because I can get characters I can't get here and the pins are gorgeous and unique. Everything was brand new.

The rest of my purchases are repeats from sellers I already posted about so...

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #1841
AngieMouse86
Mouseketeer

I strongly advise people to AVOID eBay seller hpywolf .

Bought a pin from them a couple weeks ago, paid a day after the auction ended. Days went by with no tracking info or item shipped icon, so I contacted them. No response. Wrote back a few days later and let them know that if I didn't hear back by the earliest date eBay said was okay to file an Item Not Received Claim, that I would. Finally got a response, saying that they were having shipping troubles, did not like unsatisfied customers, etc and that they would both refund my money and ship the pin.

I didn't like that offer but they refunded anyway. 2 more days went by and still NO shipping info. Contacted and they now said since they refunded my money they did not feel the need to still ship the pin. I said fine, I'm re-paying but don't think about refunding me again unless you intend to submit a Sale Cancellation through eBay.

They finally shipped the pin and went ahead and refunded my money again.

So though I just today received the pin and did get my money back, I would not deal with this seller again, or recommend them to anyway, purely for the wait and rude customer service.

Me - DBF -
AngieMouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #1842
wed100105
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wed100105 View Post

Just wanted to update....

I received all the pins and they are legit. It is obvious by the quality and the signs people have said to look for on the pin. Most (if not all) said Official Pin Trading on them.

Thanks so much for the advice. I put the lanyard and 4 of the pins in DD's surprise backpack.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #1843
brenarmywife
Earning My Ears

I just got done buying from dizneymandoug on ebay and the transaction was perfect. I got 6 sealed in package booster pins from him and my total came out to less than $1.85 a pin. He has a few more listed as well.

brenarmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #1844
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

Disneypinsandvinylmation - great transaction: Bought 4 auctions from them and got 150 pins new in package for less than $1.25 per pin. They were a combination of booster packs, vinylmation junior still in package, and hidden mickey mystery still in package. They came boxed carefully via priority mail flat rate zone insured but even so I think the price was a little high for shipping. However, I saved so much on the pins I really can't complain. For now, I will only be buying random pins to complete my collections for a while. I'll post if I buy anything new.

Brandnamestuff - bought some individual pins this time and some mystery boxes. The mystery box was same price as at the park but without park shipping cost or sales tax so I saved a little.

gyantzpod was able to get me 2 LE pins that I ordered from the park and they called me back to tell me they just ran out of them. His price was less than what I would have paid at park and it was a pin I wanted bad. I just don't like his packaging. Otherwise great transaction again.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #1845
TeamTilson
O'hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ohc View Post
I got some pins over the weekend from disney.crazy. They are trash I should have known, but well, lesson learned.
I am new to pin trading (started on our first trip in '08 when DD was interested and loved trading with CM).

For this trip, I bought an ebay lot from disney.crazy and irpliquidators. I paid on 7/20 and got the msg that they were shipped to my work address on 7/24. It's 7/30 and I still haven't received them to look them over.

I really wish I had seen this thread and thought it out thoroughly before losing $40.

From VA to WA! Moving from the East Coast to the West Coast (Richmond to Seattle) in June 2013!
TeamTilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: