Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #1816
spartankid34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
For sale posts are not allow, you might want to edit this before you get in trouble for it.
You're right, it's right there in the guidelines. I didn't take a great look...my fault...didn't know. Thanks for the heads up!

Past Trips: College Graduation Trip August 2011!!! [POP Century] August 1997 [AllStar Sports]

1st PTR August 2011 - Hey you're a college graduate, let's celebrate!!

Me Mom

Last edited by spartankid34; 07-06-2012 at 03:32 PM.
spartankid34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #1817
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

No problem, I did it purely by accident as well and got points because someone reported it.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #1818
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

We need to add disneytradingpins4u to the list. They admit to selling scrappers.

"50 Disney Trading Pins no duplicates

You will receive the exact 50 pins shown in the picture. All pins are guaranteed to be tradeable with cast members in all Disney Parks. Pins all have the stamped Disney Logo on the back and have the rubber Mickey shaped backing.

I believe in honesty and full disclosure:
These pins are perfect if you want a cheap way to trade with cast members at the parks. As you can see for yourself in the pictures, they are scrapper quality so they probably aren't ones that you want to keep for yourself but Disney policy requires cast members to accept them in trade. For those not familiar with Disney pins, scrappers are basically factory seconds. They have some sort of flaw that would not pass quality control such as rough edges, small imperfections in the paint, off coloring, ect.
These are the exact same type and quality of pin that anyone selling a "random lot of pins" that are "authentic" but do not specifically say "not scrapper" in their auction.
These are what I use to trade all the time so I know for 100% certain that there is no way they will deny a trade but I think it is important to be completely clear to avoid problems down the road.

Since you are getting the exact pins shown, they are all packed up and ready to go, most orders paid for before noon Monday-Friday ship the same day, everything else will ship the next business day (unless it happens to fall on my monthly trip to Disneyland when there will be a 1 day delay). Please pay within 5 days - if you win 2 or more and pay for them together you will be upgraded to priority mail for free.

thanks and happy trading "
kwitcherkicken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #1819
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

Well, I give them credit for honesty, but eBay's VeRO could really crack down on them for that if they are reported. Not to mention, publically advertising that you take scrappers to the park every month is going to make you a lot of enemies. I won't be buying from them, and the fact that they publicly admit to selling scrappers and trading scrappers to most likely get legit pins to sell off is bull! I know a lot of people are doing it. The cast member lanyards are full of scrappers making it harder to trade but I don't want it thrown in my face.

pixiewings71, thanks for the heads up about Sleepy. I can't tell you how many times I have run out at Disney and felt so disappointed. Now I have a back up just in case.

Have a great trip and let us know how you make out!
SupernaturalMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #1820
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

I've honestly forgotten about this thread in all of the confusion of my Junior year. So sorry guys. I was reminded when I got 75 scrappers from real.cool.stuff. DON'T BUY!

I'll work on an update soon, but it will definitely take a while.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #1821
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking about a grab bag from mousepinsonline.com. Any of you guys purchased from them before? If so, reviews? Thoughts?

Also, what about domdisneypin?

Last edited by theworldneedscolor; 07-09-2012 at 10:16 PM.
theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #1822
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
I'm thinking about a grab bag from mousepinsonline.com. Any of you guys purchased from them before? If so, reviews? Thoughts?

Also, what about domdisneypin?
I had a good experience with a multi-pin purchase from domdisneypin recently.

Got about a dozen packages in the mail today between purchases made by me and purchases made by DH for me. I'll post up the info when I get sorted through it. One shorted me a pin, so I want to see how it resolves before I post. They only sent two out of three pins I ordered and the two they did send they bubble wrapped them overlapping each other rubbing the finishes together.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #1823
xtyr
Earning My Ears

Has anyone purchased from "brandnamestuff" on ebay? I purchased a lot of 5 8 pack lanyard sets for $55. I expect to receive them this week. From the research I have done, these were some type of Purchase with Purchase item. Her other auctions and items were also "sets" new in package. I didn't see any "loose" pins that could be these scrapers.

Hope these turn out to be good ones!
xtyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #1824
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtyr View Post
Has anyone purchased from "brandnamestuff" on ebay? I purchased a lot of 5 8 pack lanyard sets for $55. I expect to receive them this week. From the research I have done, these were some type of Purchase with Purchase item. Her other auctions and items were also "sets" new in package. I didn't see any "loose" pins that could be these scrapers.

Hope these turn out to be good ones!
I looked over their auctions. I'd feel safe giving them a try. Most of their pins are on card and seem to be ones I have seen clearanced out. They probably got a good deal and are able to sell the stuff cheap enough to entice customers but still make a profit from deeply discounted items. I have some of the items they are selling, with the clearance stickers still on them, which is why I am making that guess. They have good feedback and aren't a huge store owner. Usually a good thing. Let us know how they turn out.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #1825
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

So, I thought bizzybee1 was a trusted seller, and I have only heard good things about them. But I was just looking through their items, and they have this set that has sold 39 of them and still has 9 left, and the item picture is from pinpics. This seems awfully suspicious

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #1826
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

bizzybee1 is trusted, I would give the benefit of the doubt. As others have explained earlier in the thread it's easy to get a lot of booster sets simply by using rewards to get them.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #1827
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupernaturalMommy View Post
I looked over their auctions. I'd feel safe giving them a try. Most of their pins are on card and seem to be ones I have seen clearanced out. They probably got a good deal and are able to sell the stuff cheap enough to entice customers but still make a profit from deeply discounted items. I have some of the items they are selling, with the clearance stickers still on them, which is why I am making that guess. They have good feedback and aren't a huge store owner. Usually a good thing. Let us know how they turn out.
I purchased from brandnamesuff. I'm waiting on the pins, it seems, so far, so good.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR

DisneyRunner2009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #1828
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

I would trust bizzybee1 as well. I have bought from them a ton of times in the past. They are in my saved sellers. I haven't looked at the item you are referring to, so I can't comment on it directly. I don't know if you have ever walked into one of those Disney clearance centers, but you can often find a boat load of the same pin or pin pack at a deeply discounted rate. I have bought pins that way to trade in the parks on the one opportunity I had to do that.

I also made a purchase from Brandnamestuff today so I will see how it goes.

Take this information however you want to, but my hubby bought from koolstuff2005. I had an o.k. experience with them when I bought from them but would personally recommend them as orange (which they are) as I previously mentioned. However, his purchase for me came missing the pin as I stated further up this page. He bought 3 pins. One was a new on card LE and two were traded for. They came bubble wrapped together with the finishes rubbing. I am lucky they didn't scratch. I am otherwise satisfied with those. But, he was missing the new on card LE. There was a packing slip in the envelope claiming it was in there, but it was very obviously not. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt as I bought a mullti-pin purchase from them not too long ago and nothing was missing.

I sent them a polite message. I waited 48 hours and got no response. I sent them another message and they responded the next day and had no explanation but said they would bring in another box of pins from their warehouse and try to find a replacement. If they couldn't, they would offer me a refund the next day. I waited a day and didn't hear from them, so I sent them a message politely asking which it would be. They responded the next day (today) telling me they can't find a replacement and don't know how it missed going into the envelope as they have it scanned as sold or something to that effect, and offered me a refund. The funds were in my Paypal account before I got the message. The dollar amount seemed odd. So, I just looked up what I paid and it turnes out they refunded me more than I paid. I paid a weird dollar amount and they refunded me an extra couple of bucks and rounded up to a flat dollar amount. I guess I really can't complain as they made right by the mistake.

I have a ton of packages here of great transactions to add, but it is bed time for me, so I will do it sometime this weekend.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #1829
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

I've purchased pins from koolstuff2005. Some of the pins, Hidden Mickey especially, as suspect and others are authentic. My suggestion, do your research on the pin you are interested in before bidding.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR

DisneyRunner2009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #1830
MCoryB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post

I purchased a 10-pin pack from mousepinsonline.com recently, and after close examination and comparison with lots of photos online, I really believe 7 or 8 of them were scrappers. But, of course, your experience may be better. Many of what they sent were cast member pins.
MCoryB is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: