Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #1636
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Looking for info on deb5923. 100 pin lots for around $50. 100% feedback... Any info??? Before I dropped $50 on pins I figured I would check here.
And I have always wondered.. where do these people get these pins in order to sell huge multiple lots?
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #1637
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
Looking for info on deb5923. 100 pin lots for around $50. 100% feedback... Any info??? Before I dropped $50 on pins I figured I would check here.
And I have always wondered.. where do these people get these pins in order to sell huge multiple lots?
These will most likely be unauthorized versions of Disney pins. They buy them directly from China for pennies on the dollar and sell on eBay. They are quite frankly fake pins. I would not buy from this seller at all. I have not looked at the sellers current auctions (unable to eBay from work) but this is my honest opinion on this seller, avoid avoid avoid!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #1638
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Nevermind, found an answer

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/

Last edited by princessmorgan; 01-10-2012 at 02:56 PM.
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #1639
Pikezh638
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead64 View Post
I would double check, all the ones I got from him were scrappers. I got a lot with wrong edition numbers and some were even plastic. Go on dizpins, http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/scrappers.htm and pinpics and compare.
There were a few fakes in there sure, but she checked them on pinpics and again with a way another CM told her, and the majority were real. I am satisfied with my purchase, and would do so again probably.

2010 (July) Pop Century (December) Pop Century
2011 (October) All Star Sports (December) Carribbean Beach
2012 (January) All Star Sports (May) Pop Century
2013 (January) Saratoga Springs Treehouse (October) Saratoga Springs (October) Port Orleans-Riverside
2014 (January) Fantasy Cruise (January) Art of Animation (January) Pop Century
2015 (May) Animal Kingdom Kidani (May) Magic Cruise (May) Beach Club
Pikezh638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #1640
tinkeringbells
Earning My Ears

Exclamation Add magical.beginnings to the red list

I agree that we should post available information so that others don't spend money on scrapper pins, and so the pin community is not flooded with fakes.

Add ebay mega-seller magical.beginnings to the red list. Bought pins from him and all were scrappers. Came in plastic bags, lots of duplicates, smelled funny, uneven plastic faces.
tinkeringbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #1641
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

I know this is off topic, but does anyone go through their pins and look at them when you want a little Disney pick me up? (I just found ours and spent 20 minutes looking at them with the kids. It was fun!)
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #1642
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
I know this is off topic, but does anyone go through their pins and look at them when you want a little Disney pick me up? (I just found ours and spent 20 minutes looking at them with the kids. It was fun!)
LOL yes.....add to that we have tons of pins we have framed and hung in the house, I have an almost full corkboard of Tink, DBF has a corkboard of Alice and his Countdown to the Millenium pins (he only needs like 5 now), we have a full corkboard of Hidden Mickeys, I have food related pins on a little corkboard in the kitchen......LOL And yes, I look at my pins in my pin bag regularly. I wanna go pin trade!!!!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #1643
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

I know what you mean. I am blessed to normally go to Disney 2-3 times a year. However, this year DH is laid off and going to school so I can only go once a year (for the pin events). So I was there last Sept. and not going again until next Sept (I know, poor me, but I am going through withdrawal). So after Christmas I went through my pins on pinpics to update my "wants" list. Can't wait until Sept. In fact I am going to book my room now. Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #1644
myAAbatteries&aTD
DIS Veteran

dizneymandoug - All appear to be legitimate, most came with the cardboard backings and a few from a mystery set were still in there black bags. Purchased 50, and just waiting for them to list another lot so I can buy more!![/QUOTE]

Second time ordering from dizneymandoug - great seller! All pins on cards again and a couple mystery pins in bags. Highly recommend him! Just glad he's had lots when I needed them!
myAAbatteries&aTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #1645
captinhookedondisney
HIDDEN MICKEY'S ARE EVERYWHERE

Dilemma

So this whole fake pin thing is really throwing me off and leaving a bad taste in my mouth and I can't get my mind off of it.

A) I have been examining my pins for past 1-2 hrs checking with pinpics.com
B) I have been especially looking at the pins I got from a lot from Disneyfamily801 on eBay

C) I really can't see any pure signs that any of the pins I have are scrappers or fake.

There are a few (7 of about 100) that in my opinion could be scrappers according to pinpics and other signs of scrappers posted but honestly if Disney is making thousands of pins aren't some pins going to have rough edges, and discoloration. That is just the truth of mass production.

What I am really concerned about is the possibility that the pins I traded with cast members are fake, and then another guest trades for that pin and thinks they have a real pin and it is actually fake. I have been thinking this since the discovery of these scrappers and can't get it out of my mind.

I always knew there were fake pins but I had no idea they were good at doing it, I mean fake DVD etc are usually easy to detect, but I can't and don't want to determine if these are fake.

Help any advice? I could use a second opinion. Anything....
Old 01-15-2012, 02:02 AM   #1646
Pikezh638
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by captinhookedondisney View Post
So this whole fake pin thing is really throwing me off and leaving a bad taste in my mouth and I can't get my mind off of it.

B) I have been especially looking at the pins I got from a lot from Disneyfamily801 on eBay

C) I really can't see any pure signs that any of the pins I have are scrappers or fake.

There are a few (7 of about 100) that in my opinion could be scrappers according to pinpics and other signs of scrappers posted but honestly if Disney is making thousands of pins aren't some pins going to have rough edges, and discoloration. That is just the truth of mass production.

What I am really concerned about is the possibility that the pins I traded with cast members are fake, and then another guest trades for that pin and thinks they have a real pin and it is actually fake. I have been thinking this since the discovery of these scrappers and can't get it out of my mind.

I always knew there were fake pins but I had no idea they were good at doing it, I mean fake DVD etc are usually easy to detect, but I can't and don't want to determine if these are fake.

Well it is up to you, I personally don't mind if I get a fake, I figure I will since I paid ~$90 for 125 pins, however, most were real. Having said that I know we got at least 1 fake pin from a CM, but again I do not mind. So it really is up to whether or not you care if it is real or not. People buy knock-off everything to save money, so this is the same.

It isn't like I am trying or going to sell my pins to anyone, I like them and like looking/trading.

Sorry if this was off topic just wanted to respond to you and see if that helps.

2010 (July) Pop Century (December) Pop Century
2011 (October) All Star Sports (December) Carribbean Beach
2012 (January) All Star Sports (May) Pop Century
2013 (January) Saratoga Springs Treehouse (October) Saratoga Springs (October) Port Orleans-Riverside
2014 (January) Fantasy Cruise (January) Art of Animation (January) Pop Century
2015 (May) Animal Kingdom Kidani (May) Magic Cruise (May) Beach Club
Pikezh638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:22 AM   #1647
captinhookedondisney
HIDDEN MICKEY'S ARE EVERYWHERE

Thank you!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #1648
shellymo
Earning My Ears

disneyfamily801 are bad pins

Quote:
Originally Posted by captinhookedondisney View Post

I bought from them and they are all fake except maybe 1 or 2. I compared them to ones we own and pinpics. Most of them weren't even good fakes.
shellymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #1649
shellymo
Earning My Ears

ask for a refund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que_Sarah_Sarah View Post
If you get pins from ebay and once you get them find out that they are scrappers, is it wrong to contact the seller and ask for a refund? I feel like it would be false advertising/ product not as described. Just curious as to WWYD?
No it is not wrong to ask for a refund they are being fraudulent. Just cite that in the request for your refund. You have 30 days I think through the buyer protection.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #1650
shellymo
Earning My Ears

tennpins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheduck View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Tennpins?
I have had good success with tennpins. Good pins, shipped fast.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: