Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2015, 01:44 PM   #1
maybebecca
Earning My Ears

World Showcase Pins

I'm going to the World with my DH in May, and one of the things we've been really looking forward to is drinking around the world. An idea popped into my head that I'd like your help on. I thought I could make a sash like what a boy scout would wear, and his merit badges would be pins from each of the countries. I'm not a collector, so I'm not sure how available country pins are. Will they have some different ones in the parks that I could pick up while we're there, or are they mostly just standard pins I may have seen in my limited research? It's his first trip and I want to make it special for him, and I feel like this could be good, if there are some cool pins. The sets I've seen online have a character in each country, which isn't what I'd prefer, so any info you have about availability of some more simple pins is appreciated.

TL;DR: Are there pins for each county available in the park that are not just the set with characters or the Mickey ear flags?

TIA!
maybebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #2
jag90
Mouseketeer

Great idea! Each country will have some kind of pin/s in their gift area. Will you be able to find a matching set? That's hard to say. Since it's the first DATW for y'all, make it fun. Pick out a pin that you like or means something. Would probably be a whole lot less frustrating than chasing a 'set'.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN with it.
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #3
maybebecca
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag90 View Post
Great idea! Each country will have some kind of pin/s in their gift area. Will you be able to find a matching set? That's hard to say. Since it's the first DATW for y'all, make it fun. Pick out a pin that you like or means something. Would probably be a whole lot less frustrating than chasing a 'set'.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN with it.
I'm not too worried about a set, just some interesting stuff. Thank you!
maybebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

A fair number of the countries (not all) have small flag pins (or they used to) that you could use to denote which countries you've been to. You could also collect stamps from the kidcot stations (not pins, but another thing to do).
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: