Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #91
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

Your DD was one tired cookie!!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #92
antree
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=ryansall;32932638]

I was sitting in one of the chairs, waiting, and looked over to see this:

Yes, once again, my son is meditating. I have no idea where he picked this up. Ohana lived up to the hype, though. It was great. The service was a bit slow, but the food was good. Forgot to take pictures, though, except this one:

It must be a boy thing my DS 7 has been doing that since he was 6 yrs old. It is too funny.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #93
ryansall
Mouseketeer

Bonus - My Solo Trip Report

Alright, no pictures for this one, since I was solo and the rule in our house is where the kids are, that's where the camera is. Gotta capture those cute moments, right?

It was Friday, July 24, and DW and DS and DD were headed out of town for a week. My AP was burning a hole in my pocket, and I wanted to go to Disney! I booked a hotel on Hotwire a couple weeks before, the HoJo Maingate East, for $21/nt. Why spend extra on just me?

We were refinancing our house, and the closing was at 2 p.m. on the 24th, and our office closes at 3 p.m., so I was able to hit the road at 2:15 from North of Atlanta. Before I left, I found out the MK was open until 11 p.m. If I made good time, I could get there in time for SpectroMagic!

I made it through Atlanta and past I-285 without much trouble, which if you know Atlanta, is quite a feat. I made it all the way to I-475 in Macon before stopping, got gas and kept going. My original goal was to make it to Valdosta, GA by 7:00 p.m. If I did that, I would be able to make it to the MK by 10:30 and see Spectro.

But the farther along I got, the better time I was making - Valdosta by 6:15 , Lake City by 7:00 , Ocala by 8:15 ! I started thinking maybe I could make Wishes at 10 p.m.

Sure enough, despite some slowdowns on the Turnpike, I pulled into the MK parking lot at 9:35! I went straight to the front, parked on the front row, walked to the TTC, and hopped on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. I walked into the Magic Kingdom at 9:45, made a quick pit stop (I had not stopped since 7:00 at Lake City) and walked straight up to the hub, 2 minutes before Wishes started.

It was awesome! I couldn't believe that I had been at work that morning, then watching Wishes that night. Because of lightning, Tinkerbell wasn't out, but it didn't matter.

As soon as Wishes was over, I fought my way over to Adventureland. Pirates was a 5 minute wait, so I went in, and it was actually a walk on! Took in Pirates, then checked on Splash, which was more like 40 min (at 10:20 at night?) and then over to the Jungle Cruise instead. Taylor, my skipper, was amazing! He had jokes non-stop.

Finished up the Jungle Cruise at 10:55, and booked it back to Main Street to watch SpectroMagic. I was able to get a seat on the curb right in front of the tip board, and saw the entire parade. Wonderful!

My plan at that point was to get a treat from the Main Street Bakery and head to the hotel to check in, but I realized I had left my wallet in the car. Probably not a bad thing, because by the time I got to the hotel, it was 12:35, and I had to get up early the next day for more MK fun!

I'll stop there, and do my MK day next.

PTR Easter '10 - Lose the Weight and the Trip will be Great!

Visit my May 2009 "I'm sick, no I'm sick" Trip Report

Me 32, DW , DS 8 , DD 3

[COLOR="Red"]WDW Vet - Trips in '82, '98, '00 and every year, 2-3 times a year from '01-'09

Next trip: April 5-11 - Current PTR and October 13-17 (adults only! Woo-hoo!)

DL Trips in '01, '05, '07
Old 08-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #94
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

A solo trip, seeing Wishes & Spectromagic PLUS getting in 3 attractions - AMAZING!! All in under 9 hours Now I wish I lived closer to run to WDW last minute!!

Plus your room rate was fantastic - great idea esp if you are driving & going solo for a short trip!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 08-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #95
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Wow! Great night and start to a solo trip!

Old 08-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #96
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...you're making me wish I booked a Kona breakfast...

I could still try to fit one in-the have that macadamia nut butter and the best coffee...

MK looks like it was a huge hit-but of course it would be......

Glad to see the "kini" got more use...

My 6 going to be 7 year old son does that same mediation move also......I don't know where they get it...My DS does karate...hm...also Star Wars maybe...I believe I've seen Yoda meditate like that...

let me know if you figure it out...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: