Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #61
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

Loa

congrats on getting your LOA signed! you are one month before our VR! looking forward to more of your plans
Old 11-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #62
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
congrats on getting your LOA signed! you are one month before our VR! looking forward to more of your plans
Thank you!
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #63
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Welcome Bag goodies...

So I went to the $1 store today because I had some extra money floating in my bank acct and thought that I could stock up on nonperishable Welcome bag goodies!

So this is the bag I bought a few months ago from the Disney Store, they were on sale for $1.50 per bag. I bought 20

I bought coloring books for the 4 kids we have coming, it's funny, three of them are 2 years old, and one is 1, so they don't count towards the guest list for the Escape wedding. I also bought them a few toys, they had gliders and kazoos.

Then for the adults I got ponchos, antibacterial wipes, and bandaids. There will be more but I did really well on the kids bags, lol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also have to share my amazing luck!

I booked a value for the 4 days and thought that I would change it later when I either rented points or got a great deal when June discounts came out... WELL

We got a PIN Code! So we are now staying at the GF Club Level at just $500 more than the points I was going to rent. Yayayayay!
Old 11-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #64
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girli565 View Post
So I went to the $1 store today because I had some extra money floating in my bank acct and thought that I could stock up on nonperishable Welcome bag goodies!

So this is the bag I bought a few months ago from the Disney Store, they were on sale for $1.50 per bag. I bought 20

I bought coloring books for the 4 kids we have coming, it's funny, three of them are 2 years old, and one is 1, so they don't count towards the guest list for the Escape wedding. I also bought them a few toys, they had gliders and kazoos.

Then for the adults I got ponchos, antibacterial wipes, and bandaids. There will be more but I did really well on the kids bags, lol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also have to share my amazing luck!

I booked a value for the 4 days and thought that I would change it later when I either rented points or got a great deal when June discounts came out... WELL

We got a PIN Code! So we are now staying at the GF Club Level at just $500 more than the points I was going to rent. Yayayayay!

You are getting married 5 days after me!!! I am super excited and have already started buying for my welcome bags too(its so much fun coming up with those bags). I am jealous of your bargain on the disney bag you got on sale...I ordered bags from the internet in our wedding colors and had them embroidered...wish I could have gotten a bargain like that

Congrats!! We just sent our LOA back too!!

(Me) (DH) (DD 3)

Childhood Trips 1987-2008 <Original Port Orleans, All Star Sports, Pop Century>
Married on Disney Boardwalk June 2010 <POFQ>
Babymoon Trip Dec 2010 <Pop Century>
First trip as family of 3 April 2013 <PORS>
5th Anniversary Trip Sept 2015 <BLT>
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #65
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
You are getting married 5 days after me!!! I am super excited and have already started buying for my welcome bags too(its so much fun coming up with those bags). I am jealous of your bargain on the disney bag you got on sale...I ordered bags from the internet in our wedding colors and had them embroidered...wish I could have gotten a bargain like that

Congrats!! We just sent our LOA back too!!
The bag was an awesome deal. I went just looking for reuseable bags for groceries that were cute and I ended up finding that great deal on welcome bags. I love them, they're so cute.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #66
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Congrats on signing your contract! And congrats on the pincode! That is awesome! I love the Grand Floridian and staying Club level is just even better.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #67
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

Wow, you lucked out at the dollar store! I can never find anything there!

That's great on the Grand Floridian! I'm super jealous!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #68
Ann117
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on getting your LOA signed. Your wedding is a month and a day before mine. I can not wait to see picture of your new flowers
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 AM   #69
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

You'll have to let me know who your planner is..I just got assigned mine on Friday, I've only read good things about her..so I'm excited. I think sometime this week I'm going to stop in the dollar store, I never have any luck there...I find that Target's dollar bins are usually full of disney stuff It's like they know Disney brides need that stuff to put in our welcome bags

(Me) (DH) (DD 3)

Childhood Trips 1987-2008 <Original Port Orleans, All Star Sports, Pop Century>
Married on Disney Boardwalk June 2010 <POFQ>
Babymoon Trip Dec 2010 <Pop Century>
First trip as family of 3 April 2013 <PORS>
5th Anniversary Trip Sept 2015 <BLT>
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #70
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
Congrats on signing your contract! And congrats on the pincode! That is awesome! I love the Grand Floridian and staying Club level is just even better.
We're really excited, or let me rephrase that, I'm excited, Danny's like "it's just hotel." He just sees the $$, I'm just excited at the deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
Wow, you lucked out at the dollar store! I can never find anything there!

That's great on the Grand Floridian! I'm super jealous!
It's a Dollar Tree, I think. They just opened two new ones, one across the street from my job and one by the Costco I normally go to so I hit up both every week to see if there's anything new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann117 View Post
Congratulations on getting your LOA signed. Your wedding is a month and a day before mine. I can not wait to see picture of your new flowers
I'm probably going to update with bouquet/centerpiece ideas tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
You'll have to let me know who your planner is..I just got assigned mine on Friday, I've only read good things about her..so I'm excited. I think sometime this week I'm going to stop in the dollar store, I never have any luck there...I find that Target's dollar bins are usually full of disney stuff It's like they know Disney brides need that stuff to put in our welcome bags
I haven't gotten assigned one yet but they did call me Wednesday to say that my LOA was processed and I should have a planner within a week.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #71
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

New colors/invites/flower ideas

So, on Oct. 30 we met with my friend from high school who now runs his own design firm. Of course being a guy and being outnumbered my fuschia got vetoed really quickly

So he brings out his huge book of colored paper and flips to the blue section. There's the normal royal blue, baby blue, tiffany blue... nothing I like but Danny is insistent that we cannot have a pink on our invite! So we finally get to the last blue in the section, aquamarine, and it was perfect. So now our colors are black, aquamarine and linen white.

The Invites are now 5x5 card stock, black envelope, black outside, white invite inside, white inserts, we're having three inserts (response card, accomodations, and directions to WP and Napa Room) and the aquamarine will be the accent color behind the white. They are going to be gorgeous and once I get a sample I will post pics.

So, Danny won that batttle. But I am still accenting everything small with the hot pink. The ribbon for the favors, my bouquet and the centerpieces will most likely be pink flowers. Ha!

So when I went for my site visit back in August, we were planning a Wishes event then, we got to hang out in francks for a while. I took pics of anything I thought I would like. We came across these flowers...

I love them, and now that I am getting married in the summer I can have this summer flower in my bouquet! And everywhere else that I can get it! In your face, babe!

I know that I want summer-ish flowers and Daisies are very summer to me. So I think I'll be cutting roses and going with seasonal flowers, and they're usually cheaper than flowers that aren't in season. So what flowers are in season in the summer?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #72
Boardwalk_bride

Those colours are soooooo pretty together! Oh, and LOVE that you will still get some hot pink in there. I really like the pic of the flowers, so pretty
Old 11-09-2009, 05:23 PM   #73
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
Those colours are soooooo pretty together! Oh, and LOVE that you will still get some hot pink in there. I really like the pic of the flowers, so pretty
Thanks!! The most hilarious part of all this... those colors are Florida Marlin colors, our baseball team, hahaha!

Of course we would end up with something sports related.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #74
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Assigned a coordinator! And work drama that killed the excitement...

So I got a call at my lunch hour that should have made me so excited! But my mood today is less than excited...

I got assigned my coordinator, Amy! Anyone else have her? Is she good, prompt in responding?

But it seems that work drama has killed all my wedding excitement. I work with students who have emotional and behavioral problems and I have been with my students since the 6th grade, they are now in the 8th grade. I have moved up with them every year and LOVE it! Now, we all know that the economy has been a huge issue for school districts and now our little Emotional Behavior Disorders (EBD) unit is effected. Out of the 8 teachers in my department 3 are being surplussed to other schools because our enrollment is down. That leaves 5 teachers in my unit when we really need a minimum of 6. I'm not one of the teachers being moved to another school but now I'm losing my classes and being moved into a Severe Emotional Disorder class, with students I am not used to and have never dealt with their types of disabilities before. I'm freaking out here. And I'm so pissed off at administration because the other remaining teachers aside from myself were asked what they wanted to teach and I was told that I was being moved to the other classroom. No one asked me anything. That's not right nor fair. I have seniority over 2 of the remaining 5 teachers in my department and I think that if it comes to that I may have to pull rank. I don't want to but I think I"m going to have to in order to keep my sanity at my job.

This has been a real sucky day so far, I can't even get excited over being assigned a coordinator and getting my planning kit.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #75
Boardwalk_bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by girli565 View Post
So I got a call at my lunch hour that should have made me so excited! But my mood today is less than excited...

I got assigned my coordinator, Amy! Anyone else have her? Is she good, prompt in responding?

But it seems that work drama has killed all my wedding excitement. I work with students who have emotional and behavioral problems and I have been with my students since the 6th grade, they are now in the 8th grade. I have moved up with them every year and LOVE it! Now, we all know that the economy has been a huge issue for school districts and now our little Emotional Behavior Disorders (EBD) unit is effected. Out of the 8 teachers in my department 3 are being surplussed to other schools because our enrollment is down. That leaves 5 teachers in my unit when we really need a minimum of 6. I'm not one of the teachers being moved to another school but now I'm losing my classes and being moved into a Severe Emotional Disorder class, with students I am not used to and have never dealt with their types of disabilities before. I'm freaking out here. And I'm so pissed off at administration because the other remaining teachers aside from myself were asked what they wanted to teach and I was told that I was being moved to the other classroom. No one asked me anything. That's not right nor fair. I have seniority over 2 of the remaining 5 teachers in my department and I think that if it comes to that I may have to pull rank. I don't want to but I think I"m going to have to in order to keep my sanity at my job.

This has been a real sucky day so far, I can't even get excited over being assigned a coordinator and getting my planning kit.
That is exciting you got a coordinator

I'm so sorry about your job stress. Doesn't it seem like whenever you have something good to look forward to, something else crashes it! I hope everything works out. If you feel that you haven't been treated fairly, you should definitely talk to someone about it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: