Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #46
ArelysAdriana
DIS Veteran

Hey lady! I finally found my way over here.
I loooove your wedding colors & your ring (he DID do a great job ) & you look great in that dress. And yay for the Wedding Pavilion! It's so beautiful, your ceremony is going to be gorgeous.
ArelysAdriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #47
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArelysAdriana View Post
Hey lady! I finally found my way over here.
I loooove your wedding colors & your ring (he DID do a great job ) & you look great in that dress. And yay for the Wedding Pavilion! It's so beautiful, your ceremony is going to be gorgeous.
Hey!! I love seeing my Fic/twitter ladies here!

Thank you! I was so shocked at the ring, I mean I literally asked him how much he spent because it was so pretty, lol.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #48
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

I just found your PJ, and I have to say I LOVE the dress, shoes and the all the plans!!

I really wanted to get married around christmas in disney, because I love christmas, and disney is the best place to be for it! However, almost everyone of our potential guests had a problem with it (mostly because we are so far away from WDW, and people don't like travelling in the winter).

But now I will get to see a Christmas-y wedding, so I am excited!!! Oh, and I think the centerpieces are adorable!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #49
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
I just found your PJ, and I have to say I LOVE the dress, shoes and the all the plans!!

I really wanted to get married around christmas in disney, because I love christmas, and disney is the best place to be for it! However, almost everyone of our potential guests had a problem with it (mostly because we are so far away from WDW, and people don't like travelling in the winter).

But now I will get to see a Christmas-y wedding, so I am excited!!! Oh, and I think the centerpieces are adorable!
I totally understand about people not wanting to go at christmas time but I didn't care, I knew my family and close friends would go and that was all that mattered to me!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #50
Xenabaka777
Earning My Ears

Congrats! I love the dress and the invitations! I choose to do a Dec wedding so that all the Christmas decorations are up at all the parks. It will make for great picts. Can't wait for more posts!

Xenabaka777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #51
sillykaren
Wishing upon a star...

I totally tried on your dress and LOVED it! It didn't end up being the dress for me but it is so beautiful and unique (not strapless!!).

Looking forward to all of your planning!
sillykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #52
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

So... things have changed DRASTICALLY!

Danny asked me the other day why we were waiting so long and I told him that WE had agreed to a Dec. 2010 wedding because it gave us time to save $ for a house and wedding. Then he asked me the logical question... "why wait?"

So we discussed things and decided that we would go with a smaller wedding, and Escape package, and get married sooner. He's applying to jobs out of state so buying a house is completely on hold until we know anything for sure, so if we are going to have to rent anyway why not move our wedding date up and by doing that save some $$?

I love when he's all "let's save $$", it's kind of sexy, KWIM?

So as of this morning when I spoke to Stacey, we are now officially booked for June 14, 2010 at the Wedding Pavilion and in Dec. we will be booking our lunch at the Napa Room. It's not a huge Wishes Wedding like we initially decided but with the plans to move and wanting to save more money we think this is our best choice. Especially when we have the Escape amount already in savings, that's a huge plus!!!

So everything is different, and now I'm scrambling to see what we can get together for welcome bags, favors and hotel stays!

I'm also looking for a good site to host our wedding site where the recipients of our Save-the-Dates will pre-RSVP so we have an idea of who's coming. Any suggestions?
Old 10-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #53
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

new date

congrats on your new date.... good luck with everything!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #54
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
congrats on your new date.... good luck with everything!
Thank you!!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:33 PM   #55
rebecca_boo
Mouseketeer

Congrats on your new day! I like how you are scrambling to try to get things done I didn't decide to do a DFTW till July and am getting married in December, so you definitly have time to get stuff together. Goodluck.
rebecca_boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #56
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca_boo View Post
Congrats on your new day! I like how you are scrambling to try to get things done I didn't decide to do a DFTW till July and am getting married in December, so you definitly have time to get stuff together. Goodluck.
God, I'd be freaking out!!!

Goodluck!!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 PM   #57
rebecca_boo
Mouseketeer

Haha and the worst part is I didnt start to worry about the wedding till September, but I am almost done with all the planning so anything is possible. Goodluck. Oh I forgot to say I think that is so cute that he wanted to move up the wedding and that he cares about saving money, what a sweetie! Once again goodluck!
rebecca_boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #58
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca_boo View Post
Haha and the worst part is I didnt start to worry about the wedding till September, but I am almost done with all the planning so anything is possible. Goodluck. Oh I forgot to say I think that is so cute that he wanted to move up the wedding and that he cares about saving money, what a sweetie! Once again goodluck!
Wow, you're way too calm to have only started planning in Sept!

It seems like every thing I do aside from work is about wedding stuff right now, lol. I'm sure for the next few months I won't worry about it but once spring break rolls around I'm sure things will pick up again.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #59
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Letter of Agreement just arrived/Save the Dates/Invites/colors

Well, now this is really happening. Danny and I will be signing it this afternoon and I will be mailing it out tomorrow. It's a teacher work day here and I'm opting it so I have the whole day off! So wonderful.

I also have an appointment with a friend of mine who does printing work at 2pm tomorrow. He's offered to help with our save the dates and I think I'm going to let him do the whole wedding from STD's, invites, favor tags and all. I want everything to have a uniform look and since we need such small numbers it won't be expensive at all. I mean, from the way our guest list looks right now we only need 15 invites. We only have 23 guests.

I also think we're changing the red color to pink, like a fuschia/hot pink. Red is a winter color and at least pink makes me think summer. I'm going to have to exchange all the red ribbon I bought for pink.

And lastly, I need a sand ceremony set. Nothing monogramed because I just want them to be normal vases once we're home. Any ideas?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #60
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

LoA is SIGNED!!!!!! My CC has been charged and I'm now waiting to be assigned my wedding planner.

On Friday I met with a friend of mine who does printing and graphic design. He offered to help us with our Save the dates, invites, favor tags and all the other paper stuff I'm forgetting. We met with him and made a color change. Danny was not feeling the fuschia/hot pink so I compromised and went with an aquamarine blue/black/white with only touches of fuschia. Our invites will be FL Marlins colored! LOLOL, the designer and Danny loved that. Ha!

I have pics of the new flowers I want to use for my bouquet and for the centerpiece and altar arrangements. It's a summer wedding now and deep red roses are not summer to me, so I want to go with gerber daisies. I'll post inspiration pics when I'm not sick.

So recap: YAY for signing LoA and paying the deposit!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: