Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #106
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran
 
StefaniLyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 751

Disney Family Night Movie for this week will be:


HANNAH MONTANA THE MOVIE


I have a couple ideas so far, but am in desperate need of more to make this the best movie night yet!

Craft: Oh No! I don't have on yet! Time to go shopping!

Activity: I'm thinking it would be fun if the girls teach Daddy how to do the Hoe Down Throwdown I already have the music CD and I've bookmarked a tutorial video on youtube. If I can find DD10's digital camera, I may even have video!

Dinner: still in need of many creative ideas. The only thing that comes to mind is fried chicken. I like to try and make 2 appetizers, a meal with at least 3 items, and a desert. And I'm sure to be shooting myself in the foot when I say this, but I'd like to play off of the "best of both worlds" theme. One set of Miley themed foods and another set of Hannah Montana themed foods. Am I crazy?!?! Yeah, probably!

Unless the store sells out of Hannah Montana The Movie today, we should have our copy of it without all the drama of last week's A Bug's Life. We always planned on purchasing this one for our video library today anyway!

Our Disney Family Night will likely be on Thursday this week. Tonight I have a PTO event and tomorrow Bella has been invited to Kids on the Water - a fishing event for Make A Wish Kids! Hmmm . . . maybe we'll catch dinner for tomorrow night

So please let the ideas start flowing . . . .
StefaniLyn is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #107
Chelley00
DIS Veteran
 
Chelley00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,888

Your movie night ideas are fabulous! We did something like that last year to count down to our trip, but nothing as fun as you! We'll be at WDW around the same time as you!
__________________
Chelley00 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #108
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran
 
Dreamer & Wisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 2,738

Party ideas courtesy of Family Fun Magazine

I hope this isn't cheating but have you seen this idea from Family Fun Magazine and website www.familyfun.com?

Make your own Guitars

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and...&craftid=12145

There are other ideas including a guitar shaped cake for dessert.

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefi...splay?id=52126

I don't know about any other food ideas. We haven't seen the movie.
__________________
Nancy spending my free time on the Disboards
My Family DH Ron DD Abby 13 DS Ethan 10 DS Henry Elias 3

Planning our next trip...
Dreamer & Wisher is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #109
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

One thing jumps out at me when I think of a Hannah Montana Movie Night

Sweet Gibblets!

For some reason black and white cookies keep creeping in there to, maybe because of the alter ego things.
Corrine 1973 is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #110
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran
 
StefaniLyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
Your movie night ideas are fabulous! We did something like that last year to count down to our trip, but nothing as fun as you! We'll be at WDW around the same time as you!
Thanks so much! It's not too late for you to start movie nights for your December trip, lol!

What part of Indiana are you from? My in-laws just moved to Indianapolis and DH grew up in Elkhart!

I started reading some of your TR and PTR - you have a beautiful family! I'll finish reading when I get some free time, like after my kids go back to school!!!
StefaniLyn is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #111
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran
 
StefaniLyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
I hope this isn't cheating but have you seen this idea from Family Fun Magazine and website www.familyfun.com?

Make your own Guitars

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and...&craftid=12145

There are other ideas including a guitar shaped cake for dessert.

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefi...splay?id=52126

I don't know about any other food ideas. We haven't seen the movie.

Definitely not cheating! Thanks for the great ideas I'm loving the guitar cake especially - I can only hope it turns out as good if I do try it!
StefaniLyn is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #112
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran
 
StefaniLyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
One thing jumps out at me when I think of a Hannah Montana Movie Night

Sweet Gibblets!

For some reason black and white cookies keep creeping in there to, maybe because of the alter ego things.
ewwwwwww I'm all for themed food and "sweet giblets" certainly makes sense as it's one of Hannah/Miley's favorite sayings, but NO FLIPPIN WAY am I going to eat them

I'm still struggling for meal ideas! C'mon guys - puuuurrrrrty please , help me out!
StefaniLyn is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #113
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy
 
All7OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, OR; formerly from Crapistan- Really!!
Posts: 13,089

Sorry, but I just have to "confess" that I've never seen this movie. I know. I can see shock all over your face.

I couldn't even tell you what it's about.

I do know that the star has had some "bad" publicity of recent though, which now makes me less inclined to even try.

So, I'll just tell you now, in advance, that you games, food and all that are perfect. LOL!
__________________

All7OfUs is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #114
Chelley00
DIS Veteran
 
Chelley00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
Thanks so much! It's not too late for you to start movie nights for your December trip, lol!

What part of Indiana are you from? My in-laws just moved to Indianapolis and DH grew up in Elkhart!


We're not doing movie nights this time just because I'm only taking one kid with me. Totally don't want to rub it in the other kids' faces (well, maybe one of the snotty teens......


We are on the west side of Indy out in the burbs
__________________
Chelley00 is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #115
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
ewwwwwww I'm all for themed food and "sweet giblets" certainly makes sense as it's one of Hannah/Miley's favorite sayings, but NO FLIPPIN WAY am I going to eat them

I'm still struggling for meal ideas! C'mon guys - puuuurrrrrty please , help me out!
I am so sorry, but I screwed this one up. It is not "sweet giblets" (that would be truely gross) it is "Sweet niblets" which is actual a variation of corn. Green Giant sells bags (ready to be thrown in the Microwave) in the freezer section. Sorry about the mix up and hope that this helps.

I'll keep thinking on it and try to get back to you. I found a list of foods Hanna Montana likes on the web, but it was all candy. I'll keep looking.
Corrine 1973 is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #116
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 13,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
It is not "sweet giblets" (that would be truely gross) it is "Sweet niblets" which is actual a variation of corn.


I guess that makes a BIG difference!!!!!! LOLOL





Stefani-----

Since DD is only 3, I haven't had to subject myself to HM too much! So I can't help you out too much with ideas. But I would love to see your husband doing the hoedown throwdown!!!!! Put your hawk in the sky... side to side
that's nice is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #117
Terry718
Mouseketeer
 
Terry718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I am so sorry, but I screwed this one up. It is not "sweet giblets" (that would be truely gross) it is "Sweet niblets"
Ok - this just made me laugh out loud!!

Sorry, I'm no help on the food ideas. Not too familiar with Hannah as I have a nine year old boy who has banned anything Hannah related from the house. (which might be a good thing... although he is a huge I-Carly fan, anyway, I digress)... I will think about the meal ideas.
__________________
Terry
Follow Richard's Make-A-Wish Trip here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2248244

Terry718 is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #118
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran
 
StefaniLyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 751

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Sorry, but I just have to "confess" that I've never seen this movie. I know. I can see shock all over your face.

I couldn't even tell you what it's about.

I do know that the star has had some "bad" publicity of recent though, which now makes me less inclined to even try.

So, I'll just tell you now, in advance, that you games, food and all that are perfect. LOL!

just kidding! I'm just wondering how you managed to avoid seeing it with 5 kids!

Let me tell you all about Hannah Montana . . . . . more kidding. I actually don't watch the show myself In fact, DH, God Bless Him, was the one who took DDs to the movie in the theatre. However, I do think that Miley Cyrus is a relatively good role model. Up until the last year or so, she dressed conservatively, stayed out of trouble, and was pretty well behaved. I'll admit she has had a couple of "incidents" this past year, but it's nothing of the Spears (Brit or JamieLynn) magnitude such as a pregnancy or drugs, so I still feel comfortable letting the girls watch her show. And, I can tolerate her music so that's a big plus in my book!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
We're not doing movie nights this time just because I'm only taking one kid with me. Totally don't want to rub it in the other kids' faces (well, maybe one of the snotty teens......


We are on the west side of Indy out in the burbs


My in-laws are in Noblesville. I love it down there, especially the housing prices. We have given serious consideration to moving into that area!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I am so sorry, but I screwed this one up. It is not "sweet giblets" (that would be truely gross) it is "Sweet niblets" which is actual a variation of corn. Green Giant sells bags (ready to be thrown in the Microwave) in the freezer section. Sorry about the mix up and hope that this helps.

I'll keep thinking on it and try to get back to you. I found a list of foods Hanna Montana likes on the web, but it was all candy. I'll keep looking.
I just about spit out my milk when I read this! It's funny how that one little letter makes a world of difference! I think sweet NIBLETS will definitely be on our menu tomorrow night!

Thanks for the help!


Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

I guess that makes a BIG difference!!!!!! LOLOL

Stefani-----

Since DD is only 3, I haven't had to subject myself to HM too much! So I can't help you out too much with ideas. But I would love to see your husband doing the hoedown throwdown!!!!! Put your hawk in the sky... side to side

Yah, BIG difference!

I still haven't told DH what our "activity" will be tomorrow night, but I'm sure your encouragement and support will mean a lot to him while he learns to "pop-it, lock-it, polka dot it, countrify then hip hop it." If you notice some shakiness to the video, it's just me literally ROTFLMAO


Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry718 View Post
Ok - this just made me laugh out loud!!

Sorry, I'm no help on the food ideas. Not too familiar with Hannah as I have a nine year old boy who has banned anything Hannah related from the house. (which might be a good thing... although he is a huge I-Carly fan, anyway, I digress)... I will think about the meal ideas.
My girls like iCarly too. I'm headed to the grocery store in a few minutes. Hopefully I'll find some inspiration or we may end up eating sweet niblets and be forced to throw in sweet giblets too for lack of any other ideas!
StefaniLyn is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #119
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran
 
Dreamer & Wisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 2,738

I haven't seen Hannah Montana either although I have seen her show on Disney Channel.

What about a Rock Star After Party Buffet? Put out some favorite munchies?

Or you mentioned Fried Chicken so how about Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, and the Sweet Niblets corn?

I bet you will come up with something good. Is there a Hannah Montana Fan Website that maybe lists her favorite foods?

Our family night is tomorrow and I am making it easy on myself. We are watching Mulan and getting chinese takeout!
__________________
Nancy spending my free time on the Disboards
My Family DH Ron DD Abby 13 DS Ethan 10 DS Henry Elias 3

Planning our next trip...
Dreamer & Wisher is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 11:52 PM   #120
cleostar09
Annastesia
 
cleostar09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 43

Talking

I've been reading your PTR and I have to say that Bella is such a FIGHTER!! Everything she's been through and I still see a big cheesy grin on her face in EVERY picture of her. She is such a strong child and will conquer anything that is thrown at her. I don't know many adults with that kind of strength... You are so blessed to have 3 daughters that are beautiful inside and out. I can tell just by reading about your family adventures that they must be a BLAST to live with. I just want to thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us on DISboards and I look forward to (most likely) seeing you at GKTW... Have a wonder PT (I hope the time FLYS by!) and I'm praying for your family.

Annastesia
__________________
My baby sister, Sunny MAW child
cleostar09 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sam and Mike's(well mostly Sam's) 10/29/10 non-prof photos Glad I did/didn't Update Pirate's Princess Planning our Happily Ever After 727 02-07-2011 10:32 PM
2 Princesses, a mom and Grumpy-1st Trip Final Thoughts MaryAz Completed Trip Reports 1183 10-15-2009 06:13 PM
Princess Mya's Magical Wish Trip!!!!!!! - Trip Report Complete!!! myasma Completed Trip Reports 256 09-19-2009 05:31 PM
Help Disney Princess 1st Birthday ashleyd725@hotmail.c Budget Board 4 06-24-2009 05:37 AM
Help me choose a princess meal. golden6911 Disney for Families 11 06-24-2009 01:56 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.