Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #121
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

i would never do that!! i love your TR its fun!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #122
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
i would never do that!! i love your TR its fun!
Thanks, probably because I am old enough to be your grandmother. I could always use more grandchildren. 4 is not enough.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #123
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

you can adopt me as your grandchild i wouldnt mind at all
Old 07-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #124
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
you can adopt me as your grandchild i wouldnt mind at all
Cool, then we could come and visit you and be that much closer to the world?

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 07-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #125
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

yeah! come way down here then we could do a weekend at the world! only 3 hours away.

i got a start on my PTR..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32691445

Last edited by goofy's_gurl; 07-13-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #126
Mombits
Mouseketeer

Lovin' your TR. I took my mom to Disney for her 60th b-day- just her and I and we loved every minute of it! We even had a little bit of rain on our AK day, but nothing like the rain you ended up with. Your family sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to read more.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2459373

Old 07-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #127
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombits View Post
Lovin' your TR. I took my mom to Disney for her 60th b-day- just her and I and we loved every minute of it! We even had a little bit of rain on our AK day, but nothing like the rain you ended up with. Your family sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to read more.
Are you near my area? SW Missouri you know. That was a good girl to take your mom for her 60th. I know I won't get to go back for mine but whatever my family does for me will be great.

Yes we had our share of rain the whole trip. Didn't even care. Just got wet and dry and wet and dry and wet and well you get the picture.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #128
Mombits
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Are you near my area? SW Missouri you know. That was a good girl to take your mom for her 60th. I know I won't get to go back for mine but whatever my family does for me will be great.

Yes we had our share of rain the whole trip. Didn't even care. Just got wet and dry and wet and dry and wet and well you get the picture.
Yes, we are north of you and have been to "THE CITY" many times. We love the Great Wolf Lodge there and of course, W.O.F! My kids and dh haven't been to Disney and it will be my second time, so we are very, very excited to go. October can't get here fast enough.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #129
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we are north of you and have been to "THE CITY" many times. We love the Great Wolf Lodge there and of course, W.O.F! My kids and dh haven't been to Disney and it will be my second time, so we are very, very excited to go. October can't get here fast enough.
You are way north of me. We are down in Springfield. Near Branson and Silver Dollar City. We have been to Great Wolf tho and WOF many times when the kids were younger. How exciting for you to take your children to the World for the first time. As old as my children are I can still remember the look on their faces that first time. Remember I am a sap. When it comes to my family that is the only way I can be.

Ginny

Old 07-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #130
Mombits
Mouseketeer

Yes, we are way north. My mom took my sister and I to Branson when I was a freshman in college. It was such a memorable trip.

I truly can't wait to see the looks on their faces. Hannah asked me yesterday what I was looking forward to the most and that is what I am most looking forward to. She doesn't get it, though. She thought that was a crazy thing to look forward to. I am a sap too

Old 07-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #131
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we are way north. My mom took my sister and I to Branson when I was a freshman in college. It was such a memorable trip.

I truly can't wait to see the looks on their faces. Hannah asked me yesterday what I was looking forward to the most and that is what I am most looking forward to. She doesn't get it, though. She thought that was a crazy thing to look forward to. I am a sap too
My younger daughter (Sheri) once told me that you have no idea how much you love your mother until you have a child of your own. Hopefull someday Hannah will get to experience that too.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #132
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Happy Birthday to Mike! Happy Birthday to Mike! Happy Birthday to Miiiiike! Happy Birthday to Mike!

Be thankful you don't have to actually hear me sing Happy Birthday 'cause my singing voices is horrible.

Love the Ohana pictures. John wouldn't have liked it at all because you know his thoughts on Stitch. Hates him!

I can't wait to see how many of the 27 fastpasses you use!
I have already told you how I sing. I wasn't allowed to sing to him either.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #133
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

I like the latest update! The last pic of you is so cute. You can see what a great time you all are having!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #134
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain? 7/14 Updat

Our first shot of the day.

So I left off with all of those FP's to Mission Space but the first thing we did was watch Alex play in the water

Well Alex and Sheri played in the water. I am not sure who the kid is.

Tim walked around in awe of everything. Remember this is his first Disney trip. He absolutely loved it. These are a few shots he got. I think most of them include his son.

After the silliness we head over to TT. We all rode. Don was the only one who wasn't crazy about it. We forgave him. Our redneck picture was awful. We are sitting like bumps on logs watching the world go by. We really did like it. I loved the speed. (I've gone nuts.)

We (everyone but Don and Mike) rode Mission Space. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. But I wasn't really ready to do it again. Sheri, Sandi and I all got a little woozey.

We managed to sneak in Ellen's show. It was ok. I think Don and Mike managed their mid-day nap. They are over 60 ya know. It is in need of updating. We then worked our way over to Soarin. By far the best ride of the day for me. We all loved it. Even Don who has this inner ear problem and he gets dizzy real quickly. First time up we got front row center. Couldn't have been any better.

We then headed over to Nemo. Cute show.

The problem with nine people at Disney is that most rides seat 2, 4, or 6. We always seem to have an odd man out. We would just take turns for the lone rider. Lucky Alex always knew he would have a partner though because we wouldn't let him ride by himself.

It had been raining off and on the whole day and when we came out of Nemo it was once again pouring. We headed back over to the land to ride Soarin.
Our seats weren't as good this time but it was still an awesome ride. We all decided we needed dinner. It was around 6:00 pm, it was raining. What else can we do? We head to Sunshine Seasons. We all found food that we liked and it was good. I was actually amazed that it was as good as it was. It was very busy as no one else wanted to be out in the rain either. Imagine that. But we all had a relaxing meal.

These are a few shots we got on the way out for the night.

Andrew is just like his Grandma and Fantasia is our favorite movie.

We did not get to use our other TT ticket but they told us we could bring it back the next day and they would honor it. Nice. And the other 20 Mission Space tickets? Well, we found a group of middle school children on a class trip. They were excited to get to use them and we were glad they did not go to waste.

I do think that a lot of people are confused on the FP time. You can use the FP any time that day after the first time given on the pass. So you don't have to be there within that hour time frame. I heard lots of people complaing that they were in line for one ride when their fp time came up and they were going to miss out. They were much happier when the realized the could use it anytime that day.

All in all it was a perfect birthday for Mike and we appreciated him sharing it with us. So thank you Mike.

We head back to CSR and the rain stops so the boys all head out for an evening swim.

On our way in from the parking lot Alex spies this little guy.

[IMG][/IMG]

I was in the middle of a really good book and Austin takes off somewhere. Finally around 1 am no Austin and my book is done so I send him a text and he said he would be in after bit so I told him good nite. I never heard him come in but he was sleeping when we awoke the next morning. He had been out texting his peeps most of the night and enjoying the quiet and awe of CSR.

Last edited by aaaateamsgrandma; 10-14-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #135
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
I like the latest update! The last pic of you is so cute. You can see what a great time you all are having!
I am glad it shows on my face. Wouldn't it be terrible to be in Disney and have a grumpy face? My husband does not always smile for pictures. He is always happy just not smiley. We truly had such a wonderful time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: