Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #106
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

who cant resist some goood and yummy dessert?????
Old 07-12-2009, 08:06 AM   #107
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Hey Lisa,

It was yummy. How was your road trip? Did you get your book ok? I have had a lazy day. I told Don I was going to have a dessert everyday for the next week. I will celebrate my birthday for all this week and the first 3 days of next week. I see now why weight watchers advertises on these boards.

Ginny
Road trip was okay. As we were driving to Shreveport, John started counting up how many books we had already. We couldn't remember if we had 10 or 11. So, half way to Shreveport, we called my mother who walked over to our house and counted how many we did have. We need two more not one more. Thank goodness we called. I had done Mapquest for directions and we still had trouble finding the Hallmark store. I finally just pulled into one of those shopping center strip mall things and by pure luck, it was in that set of buildings. We were in and out of the store in about 5 minutes.

If I were you, I'd eat dessert every day too. It's not everyday that you have a birthday and, by golly, you deserve it!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #108
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Road trip was okay. As we were driving to Shreveport, John started counting up how many books we had already. We couldn't remember if we had 10 or 11. So, half way to Shreveport, we called my mother who walked over to our house and counted how many we did have. We need two more not one more. Thank goodness we called. I had done Mapquest for directions and we still had trouble finding the Hallmark store. I finally just pulled into one of those shopping center strip mall things and by pure luck, it was in that set of buildings. We were in and out of the store in about 5 minutes.

If I were you, I'd eat dessert every day too. It's not everyday that you have a birthday and, by golly, you deserve it!
Aren't you glad you called? I would have had to shop for you and overnite it. I'm experienced at mailing. You were lucky to find the shop where you did. Someone was watching out for you. As always.

I'm deciding what to have for dessert today. I failed to have any last night. Austin and I shared Fajitas at our local Mexican Joint and I was too full. Darn.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #109
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain? Update 7/13

It is Tuesday, May 26. Mike is 60. He is now officially older than me. Lovin it. There aren't many people who can say their son-in-law is older than them.

Happy Birthday Mike. We love you.

I had made 10:00 ressies at O'Hana for breakfast. The plan was if it is late enough we don't need lunch, then get a nice dinner.

We drove over to O'Hana as the rain started. We were going to take the monorail over to Epcot today as that is where Mike chose to spend his day. We were in time for our ressie and just as we were getting ready for the group picture they called us to our table. So no picture. It was very busy that time of morning. Our server was very good. Don was buying that morning for everyone for a partial birthday gift. He is such a good hubby.

We barely had food and the characters started coming:

Stitch was great and Alex had so much fun. Austin asked Stitch if he could swing him around like that. Let's guess the answer. Alex 5 foot 70 pounds. Austin 6 foot 230 pounds.

Then our cousin Lilo showed up to give everyone hugs.

We all know who Sheri is waiting for.

[IMG][/IMG]

When we were finally done (seemed like we were there forever) we caught the monorail to the TTE to get to Epcot and the monorail was down so we had to catch the bus. I'm not a good bus rider. But we managed to have a good time anyway. I did manage to get this picture of me and my "boys"

I love it because we were having such a good time together. Which made it all the better for me.

We arrive at Epcot and Mike went to the Will Call booth to see what to do about his Birthday. We had previously been told he could get 3 fastpasses for him and 3 others so he had decided he was going to get the gift card but when he got over there and told them there were nine of us the lady said she could work something out. Sherii came and got all of our passes and the lady loaded them with 3 FP's each of Donald rides and 3 FP's each of Mickey rides. We first went to FT and got a FP with the gift card and a FP with our own ticket. Then Austin went to Soarin and got 2 FP's each with the gift card. It was late in the day and the only thing left that had FP's was Mission Earth. Ok, we ended up 27 FP's. How many did we use?

Must take a break and argue with Photobucket for a while. Will finish this later today.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Last edited by aaaateamsgrandma; 10-14-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #110
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to Mike! Happy Birthday to Mike! Happy Birthday to Miiiiike! Happy Birthday to Mike!

Be thankful you don't have to actually hear me sing Happy Birthday 'cause my singing voices is horrible.

Love the Ohana pictures. John wouldn't have liked it at all because you know his thoughts on Stitch. Hates him!

I can't wait to see how many of the 27 fastpasses you use!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #111
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

great Update Ginny!! love the pictures!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #112
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

All of my boys love Stitch. (Not the ride tho) YCH. I had to go out and get lunch and my goal this week is to have a dessert a day till my birthday. I went to Andy's Frozen Custard and got a key lime concrete. Pretty darn good. Even though I generally only get chocolate. I made brownines last night. What will I have tomorrow? What am I going to do next week when I have to start weight watchers again?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #113
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
great Update Ginny!! love the pictures!
Thank Amanda. Could you believe us old fogies could have such a fun time? You sure don't have much longer. Are you doing a report when you return? It sure helps you to relive the fun time you had.
Ginny

Old 07-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #114
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

LOL enjoy it while it lasts!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #115
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Thank Amanda. Could you believe us old fogies could have such a fun time? You sure don't have much longer. Are you doing a report when you return? It sure helps you to relive the fun time you had.
Ginny
yeah i sure am going to be doing a report! was thinking about doing a PTR right now to pass some time
Old 07-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #116
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL enjoy it while it lasts!
Oh but I am. Sandi informed me I was not to gain 60 pounds for my 60th birthday. Sometimes I don't even like her. Actuall that is the same thing she said to me in a text.

Ginny

Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #117
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

as long as your happy and enjoying it. then its all good
Old 07-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #118
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yeah i sure am going to be doing a report! was thinking about doing a PTR right now to pass some time
You should to a PTR. I didn't because I didn't know if any of my family read the boards or not and couldn't take that chance. What I should have done was type it then just post after the fact. My memory was much better in May than it is in July. More reasone than one.

I will root you on.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #119
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

i got time to waste i will do a PTR!!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #120
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

oh good, now that doesn't mean quit reading mine. ha.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: