Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #31
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Ginny, for clarifying up my inability to keep things straight!

That is so cute that they were surprised - I love surprises (hear that kids, Mom loves surprises so if you want to spring a trip on me, I'll pretend I don't know!! ) Just teasing - my DS26 sort of surprised me with a trip last February 2008 for 4 nights. He gave me $350 and said "that should be enough to go to WDW, shouldn't it?" Poor guy had just started a great job and thought he was rolling in dough and wanted to surprise me with a trip. I told him it was and rented points from a great DVC'r for 3 nights, studio at BWV and took a friend. We had a blast!

Can't wait to hear all about your next day now that the gang is all here!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #32
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Thanks, Ginny, for clarifying up my inability to keep things straight!

That is so cute that they were surprised - I love surprises (hear that kids, Mom loves surprises so if you want to spring a trip on me, I'll pretend I don't know!! ) Just teasing - my DS26 sort of surprised me with a trip last February 2008 for 4 nights. He gave me $350 and said "that should be enough to go to WDW, shouldn't it?" Poor guy had just started a great job and thought he was rolling in dough and wanted to surprise me with a trip. I told him it was and rented points from a great DVC'r for 3 nights, studio at BWV and took a friend. We had a blast!

Can't wait to hear all about your next day now that the gang is all here!
Thanks for giving me the chance to clear things up a bit. I too love surprises and am looking forward to my 60th birthday in two weeks. I was going to take the day off and plan something but Sheri said "Mom, I am only going to say this once so listen carefully. DO NOT TAKE THE DAY OFF, DO NOT PLAN ANYTHING. UNDERSTAND". I said yes and will now work on my birthday. Bummer. At least we get off at 3 on Friday's. And I guess I will go home to something exciting. I have no idea what. She just said Dad gave her a choice of 2 things. Both were good and one was great. So she chose the great one. I am so excited and have not said another word about any of it.

How cool was your wonderful son? I want to plan a girls long weekend out with my daughters and have thought of going during free dining this fall. So I am working on that for now. Surprise you know. I would love to get DVC points and do something awesome for the three of us.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #33
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Loved your surprise! That was awesome. Can't wait to hear more. By the way, POTC is my most FAVORITE ride! Glad you rode it first...

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #34
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Loved your surprise! That was awesome. Can't wait to hear more. By the way, POTC is my most FAVORITE ride! Glad you rode it first...
It truely was awesome. We all had such a good time. I was glad we chose PTOC first. It is my favorite ride at MK too.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 07-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #35
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

I am finally here! And you are off to a fine start! I am impressed with the way the surprise worked out so well! You had so many balls spinning to surprise her and it worked out PERFECTLY! Way to go!

PotC is a great ride! I might have to debate your best in the MK assertion though! Splash holds that place in my heart!

Keep it coming! And you certainly do have adorable grandkids! And I truly love to see you enjoying the heck out of them...that's what family is for!
Old 07-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #36
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Loved the surprise! I love the POTC ride too!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #37
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycns View Post
I am finally here! And you are off to a fine start! I am impressed with the way the surprise worked out so well! You had so many balls spinning to surprise her and it worked out PERFECTLY! Way to go!

PotC is a great ride! I might have to debate your best in the MK assertion though! Splash holds that place in my heart!

Keep it coming! And you certainly do have adorable grandkids! And I truly love to see you enjoying the heck out of them...that's what family is for!
I too love Splash and I will tell that in the next episode. Thank you for reading. Hope you are having a great 4th weekend. We are in Tennessee and Tim is out golfing (his Saturday adventure) when he returns we are going out for the day then downtown for the fireworks tonight. Early (7:30 am) return home tomorrow so we can visit my Mother and Mother-in-Law (who is still in the Nursing Home recuperating from her fall) then to home.

Will try to update again tomorrow evening.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #38
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Loved the surprise! I love the POTC ride too!
It was so fun and to be the only ones on was great. Tim and Alex had a ball. They had no idea what to expect by being first timers. Alex was afraid there would not be enough to keep him busy and wanted to go to Universal as they were there a couple of years ago. Tim insisted he would find plenty to do.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #39
cmskok
Mouseketeer

I am so impressed at your ability to keep a secret! I have some surprises planned for my DD's birthday trip to Disney, but I have told her that we ARE going!!!! Your TR is fun to read! I am a first timer, too, and I am impressed by your TR!
1987 Off Property; 1998 CB Disneymoon; 2000 Disneyland Off Property; 2002 ASM;2003 POR; 2004 POR; 2005 PC; 2006 PC; 2007 OKW and AKL; 2008 SSR,1/2009 SSR; 9/2009 AKV KV;1/2010 BCV; 8/2010 AKV, SSR & BC; 1/2011 BLT&BWV; 1/2012 BCV, BWV & BLT; 11/2012 BCV; 8/13 CBR; 1/14 SSR

Old 07-06-2009, 09:23 AM   #40
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmskok View Post
I am so impressed at your ability to keep a secret! I have some surprises planned for my DD's birthday trip to Disney, but I have told her that we ARE going!!!! Your TR is fun to read! I am a first timer, too, and I am impressed by your TR!
Thank you for that. It was hard to keep the secret. Thank goodness for texting. If I had to be with her face to face I don't think I could have done it. It is easier for my son-in-law Mike only because we love to tease him so I threw all kinds of lies in his face. He was totally confused by the time Sheri told him and so did not believe her.

Hope to get more up today.

Ginny

Old 07-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #41
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Hey Ginny! Thanks for commenting! They do grow so fast and we are soaking up every minute Subbing to your TR! Looks like you have a pretty great family too!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #42
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Hey Ginny! Thanks for commenting! They do grow so fast and we are soaking up every minute Subbing to your TR! Looks like you have a pretty great family too!
Thank you for that. Yes I am quite proud of each and everyone and don't mind telling anyone that has an ear whether they can hear or not. I can do sign language. Well, I do know how to use a couple of fingers anyway.

Ginny

Old 07-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #43
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain? Update 7/07

So I left off with heading back to CSR for bed. That was a good thought anyway. We did get back and Mike had a nap by then and was ready to talk. So Mike and Tim get two beers and cigars and find a quiet place to smoke, drink and talk. Everyone else met in our room for a quick beer the moved to Sandi's room to help her unpack while the boys visited in Sheri's room. We did eventually get to bed around 2 am.

I forgot to mention that while we were eating dinner that evening the rains came. So leaving Golden Corral we all got drenched. Tim's silk shirt got quite wet so he had to change real fast before going to MK.

Next morning we are up and have a breakfast snack in the room. Alex decides he wants to take the boat over this morning to MK.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
And our first glimpse of my favorite place.

[IMG][/IMG]

Then smart Tim got more of MK. I think I failed on MK pictures and Don took lots of video.

The worst of all was no Photopass people found us or us them. It was a very cloudy day.

[IMG][/IMG]

I know the first thing we did was ride POTC then amazingly we were starved so we hit Pecos Bills. While there Sheri, Austin and Sandi went to get fastpasses for HM. We rode BTMR while waiting for our time at HM. We considered doing Splash but no one wanted to get wet so we decided to wait till after dinner. We had ADR for Chef Mickeys at 5:15.

After HM some did the old standby Swiss Family Treehouse

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

While waiting for them to get done we sat around and then Alex wanted to do magic carpets. Tim tried really hard to have him get a picture of these two but he just wouldn't.

[IMG][/IMG]

Then everyone but Austin, Don and I rode Jungle Cruise. The wait was 45 minutes. So we goofed off with lots of shopping and sitting.

It took them quite a long time to get done so we met them over at the Carrousel and got this picture of Alex.

[IMG][/IMG]

We then went to I think the best 3D show they have of all of them. Mickey's PhillharMagic.

The week we were at Disney Space Mountain, TTA and Hall of Presidents were down for reno. Bummer. Sheri and Aust went to get fastpasses for Buzz and we headed for Chef Mickeys for dinner.

Last edited by aaaateamsgrandma; 10-14-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #44
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Yay! You did POTC first again. And I just love Mickey's Philhar Magic. You're right - its the best.

Thanks for posting those pics of the castle - you know, even if it's someone else's first glimpse of the castle, it still seems so MAGICAL to me and it takes me back!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #45
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Yay! You did POTC first again. And I just love Mickey's Philhar Magic. You're right - its the best.

Thanks for posting those pics of the castle - you know, even if it's someone else's first glimpse of the castle, it still seems so MAGICAL to me and it takes me back!
It is so totally Magical. Sheri and I were heartbroken over no photopass pics in MK. They did make up for a lot of it in the other parks but no us in front of the castle really broke our hearts. Tim is trying to piece us a picture to help us get over it. He has a MAC and you can do amazing photos with those.

BTW: I read your whole TR when you were doing it and I felt so sorry for you at different times. I so understood how you missed your DH that he wasn't with you and when your darling son would misbehave and you had no one to turn to. It is just not the same with parents and no spouse to help. I was going to give you my sympathies many different times but I was a bad girl and just lurked. I hope you forgive me for that because you truly needed a kind response many times and I didn't give it.

Ginny

Last edited by aaaateamsgrandma; 07-08-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: