Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #16
bjgrazi
I remember those days fondly
WL is also my dream
Applied for a job at a clothing optional office

I'm in looking forward to reading about your trip.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #17
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm in looking forward to reading about your trip.
Thank you for reading. I hope to get to the week before D-Day tomorrow. Lots of excitement keeping secrets that close.
Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #18
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

UPDATE PART 4

We are getting close to our deadline now and I don't know if any of you have ever flown Allegiant Air but they charge for checked bags. We thought the six of us could get by with 2 checked and 4 carryons. Well let me tell you. You can't. We have a brand new terminal in our fair city and it is like a stones throw from our house. So one morning DD2 was going to work and I didn't go in till 10 that morning so we decide we would take our carry-ons to the airport to be sure they fit in the basket provided. Not a one of them fit. So I get home call the airline and pay for 2 more bags. If you pay when at the airport is like double the fee. So now we have 4 checked and 4 smaller carry-ons.

Sheri has all of her laundry done and keeping things stashed so her family won't use it up again. Lucky me I keep throwing things on the spare bed.

We had received some dining coupons from the cruise line back in December at various restaraunts so I get the big idea to cash them in for a couple of places in Orlando. So I do one for Bahama Breeze. Spend $100 get $50 off. It is so easy to spend $100 for eight people.

All of our paperwork came to my house. So I overnight the package to the Tennessee group so Tim can surprise Sandi anyway he wants for her birthday. And I keep the other two packages.

Must work a bit. Will finish tonight with lots of pics.
Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Last edited by aaaateamsgrandma; 07-02-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the mini-update. You know how I post....mini-updates in between work. I figure it's better than nothin'.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #20
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

UPDATE PART 4 CONTINUED

Sandi's birthday is on Thursday May 21 and her Tim chose to tell her on that day they were going to Disney on Saturday. She was totally surprised because I had been telling her she was going camping for the past 2 weeks. Her 10 yo son told her they were going to San Diego. Who knows where he came up with that because he didn't have a clue.

Sheri and her hubby were driving around one day and Sandi called her to talk. Mike knew he was going on vacation that week but thought we were all going to Tennessee for the weekend. He shouts out "I'm in vacation mode" and Sandi says what is he talking about. Sheri told him to shut up he was too loud and told Dear Sis he was having an out of body experience and ignore him.

Now I have informed you before how close I am to my daughters. The one that lives blocks from me and I are together at least 5 times a week. We text or call the daughter in Tennessee every day. Saturdays are girls day out for Sheri and my sis-in-law and a mutual friend we have. So our plane leaves at 10 Sat. morning and I have to give Sandi a reason we can't talk to her this morning.

On Thursday before we leave our dear Princess

comes up with some kind of bug and I have to cart her off to the vet. By Thursday afternoon and $165.00 we get the diagnosis and medicine. Our plan was to take her to DD2's house to stay with her two puppies. But the illness the Princess had was semi-contagious so she had to stay home alone. We have a friend that comes and takes care of them for us. Lucky us. We don't have to pay and the puppies get to stay home. This just meant she had to come to both houses 3 times a day.

Friday night before we leave I cook dinner for the six of us and we make plans to leave around 8 am for our long drive to Tennessee.

Don and get up around 6 and I finish packing. We need to be at the airport at 8:30. This is a 3 minute drive for us. If we would cut through the field we could walk it.

Sheri wakes up at 5:15 and stares at her Mike till 6:15 and can't stand it any longer. She wakes him up with those famous words. "Get up, we are going to Disney World." Oh happy day. They shower and get ready then get their boys up to get them ready. Andrew didn't believe them whatsoever. Of course Austin already knew.

We end up having to go to Sheri's house to help them pack luggage in our car as Austin has taken over their home car (they have 2 work cars) and he has a huge Boom Box in the trunk. This was the first that Mike knew we were going too.

We arrive at the airport on time and go to the counter. Guess who had 2 bags over 50 pounds. Yes, right there in the middle of everything we are unpacking and repacking luggage. Don't ya know everyone loved us. Andrew got picked for the full body search. Too funny. You have to be 15 and his birthday had just been 2 weeks before. He had to dig out his driver permit to prove his age.

We get all checked and now waiting for boarding. I send a text to Sandi to let her know that we were all going for massages and would be tied up for a couple of hours or so. I knew what time she was leaving on Saturday and of course where they were going. I was such a good actor and lier.

We have an uneventful trip to the Sanford airport and arrive around 1:15.

Aren't we lively on a plane?
We head out to find food and groceries. We are starving since our new terminal doesn't have much food so not a lot of breakfast.

We drove and finally found a Chili's. Not our favorite but there was a grocery store near by. Then lo and behold in the same parking lot was a Firehouse Sub. Now I don't know if any of you had had there food, but let me tell you DELISH!! We don't have one in our area but always looking for one.

So after a yummy meal (the two boys had 2 large sandwiches. Oink, Oink) we head off to the grocery store for snacks, beer and water. We do know priorities.

Finally we arrive at CSR. By now it is 4:00 and we have to be back to MCO by 7:30. So we get all checked in. Those wonderful CM's put us in Cabanas 8A. Three rooms in a row. Sheri, me and Sandi.
Lucky me, I get the corner room with two windows. The rooms are just great and not one picture do I have. My DH has it all on video. We were practically across from the Big Dig. The kids all love that.

Will leave for now and finish arrival tomorrow.

Ginny

Last edited by aaaateamsgrandma; 07-02-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #21
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Woohoo- an update! I am so glad you all arrived safely and got 3 connecting rooms.

However, I'm confused so please bear with me Your DD1 was planning on a trip to WDW and didn't know that you, your DH, DD2 and family were going too, is that correct? (I'm so dense sometimes but I get all mixed up when I'm trying to figure out abbreviations )

DD2 is the younger daughter, right? And her son found out about the surprise and is keeping it a secret, right? Geez - you're going to clobber me but I guess what I'm excited about is that you are all going to surprise DD1 and family at the airport, right?!! (If you want to pm me an update instead of putting it all on this thread, that's ok. I'm the only here who is confused )

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #22
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
However, I'm confused so please bear with me Your DD1 was planning on a trip to WDW and didn't know that you, your DH, DD2 and family were going too, is that correct? (I'm so dense sometimes but I get all mixed up when I'm trying to figure out abbreviations )

DD1 was having the birthday so her DH planned the surprise with us for her. She found out where she was going 2 days before we left. She did not know we were going until we were at the airport to pick them up.

Quote:
DD2 is the younger daughter, right? And her son found out about the surprise and is keeping it a secret, right? Geez - you're going to clobber me but I guess what I'm excited about is that you are all going to surprise DD1 and family at the airport, right?!!
Yes DD2 is younger daughter. It was also her husband who was having the surprise. And yes he did not going DD1 and her family were going till we got there and had to go pick them up.

And no you are probably not the only one confused. It is hard to fit 9 people in a report and set up the scenario. Thank you for reading.

I was going to finish arrival day but I forgot my pics that I have to upload to photobucket at home. So it will have to be late tonite or tomorrow.
Ginny

Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #23
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Woohoo- an update! I am so glad you all arrived safely and got 3 connecting rooms.

DD2 is the younger daughter, right? And her son found out about the surprise and is keeping it a secret, right? Geez - you're going to clobber me but I guess what I'm excited about is that you are all going to surprise DD1 and family at the airport, right?!! (If you want to pm me an update instead of putting it all on this thread, that's ok. I'm the only here who is confused )

Don't feel bad, I got a little confused too. I think it's the abbreviations of the different daughter's that got me confused. Maybe if I had a name instead of DD1 and DD2, I think I would have caught on quicker.

Ginny, you fantastic liar you, great update and great surprise. Can't wait to read more.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #24
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Ok, here's the deal. It is hard for me to keep them straight too and I've known them all their lives. I will go back and edit and give real names. Who do I know that is going to come and find me and haunt my children? Cast of characters is Me-Ginny, DH-Don, DD1 or BG-Sandi, her DH or FT-Tim, Their precious son DGSA4-Alex. DD2-Sheri, her DH or BB-Mike, DGSA1-Austin and DGSA3-Andrew. Remember DGDA2 did not go and she is Andrea.

I will get my edits done and add more.

Thanks for reading.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #25
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

I'm here! Glad your link is all fixed. I haven't finished reading all the posts yet, but I'll pop back in and get all caught up! Nice to meet you, Ginny!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #26
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MICKEY4EVER!

I'm here! Glad your link is all fixed. I haven't finished reading all the posts yet, but I'll pop back in and get all caught up! Nice to meet you, Ginny!
Thank you for reading

Old 07-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #27
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Thank you for reading. I hope you join me for more. Getting photos in Photobucket now.
Ginny

Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #28
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain? Update 7/02

I will add an update but first I will bring your attention to my picture on the plane. Did you happen to notice the shiner on my right eye? The Monday before we left I was taking trash out to the curb, carrying the bag in front of me. Almost to the trash can and the bag splits open from the bottom. I trip on the trash and BOOM I am down like soft butter all over the drive. First landing on my knees (losing my shoes) then my hands then knowing my face is going to turn to the left so only my right side gets it. (Aren't I the brilliant one?) So one black eye, concrete burn on cheek and forhead I manage to pick up the trash, find my shoes and stumble into the house to see the damage. Yes, I am a faller. I have now fallen 4 times this past month. 3 years ago I fell on the concrete in front of the building where I work and blackened the left eye. At the lake this past weekend I was jumping off the boat and jabbed my thumbnail in my right eye and blackened it again.

What are we going to do with klutzy me?

Now on to the report with more pictures.

We had arrived at CSR and unpacked. The kids went and checked out the pool and the rains came. Not just a sprinkle but a downpour. They had told us at the airport they had had 12 inches of rain in the past 3 weeks. How much more could we add to the week?

I have texted to Sandi numerous times during the day and gave her a bunch of fluff of how nice the massages were and where we ate lunch (of course I said her favorite place), she was jealous. She informed me her plane was late so they wouldn't get out till 5:00 pm. Arrival time was to be 7:30.

It is now 6:45 and we need to head to MCO to pick up Sandi and her group but first we need to make a sign. Sorry no picture but it says Welcome _____ family. And has Mickey ears on it. We park the cars and head into the baggage claim area. Here are pics of them on the plane.

and

I got these later not while they were flying.

We checked the boards and they said their flight was delayed so we sat and took it easy for awhile.

About 7:45 they stated their plane was on the ground. It was so late they wouldn't let them pull into the gate because another plane that arrived on time got it. They finally start to unload at 8:10. We sent Austin up to the tram area to take a picture. The idea was to im the picture to them and she would see it and try to figure out what was going on.

Silly Sandi forgot to turn her phone back on so didn't get the picture till later. So they come down the escalator and Andrew is holding the sign and Alex sees it and yells "Hey Mom it is Andrew". She says don't be silly. So again he yells " It is Andrew and Aunt Sheri and they are holding a sign."

Sorry it is blurry. Me and my cell phone have issues.

So by 8:30 after the hugging and kissing and surpise factors we get luggage and head to the cars. We are all starving at this point so we get out the trusty GPS and find a Golden Corral. By the time we get done eating and back to CSR to unload luggage and hit MK. Remember Comando Sheri is on a mission to get to a park TODAY! Luckily they have EMH till midnight. By this time Mike was too tired to go so just the other 8 of us head over.

Would you believe not a one of us took a camera and we could not locate one photopass person.

Spectro was going on so we cut through the crowd and get to POTC. No line whatsoever. Lucky us. We are on a ride at MK. Finally. After this was over we head to our next favorite ride HM. Again no line. We were on a roll.

By now it is 11:30 and the day is starting to hit all of us. Sandi still had all of her unpacking to do and I had a book that need a read. We head back to CSR to start again another day.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #29
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

How exciting! You have surprises, first time visitors, and lots of family together. It sounds like you will have a great trip. I am glad you made it to a park on your first day. I can't wait to hear about the rest.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #30
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
How exciting! You have surprises, first time visitors, and lots of family together. It sounds like you will have a great trip. I am glad you made it to a park on your first day. I can't wait to hear about the rest.
Thanks for joining in. We love surprises in our family and we love to be silly. Not to let anything out of the bag but it was totally awesome. Disney could not have treated us any better unless of course they had given us free return trips.

That would have me shouting.

Ginny

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: