Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #151
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Don and I have done lots of cruises. We have taken all of the family twice. They loved both of them but they don't want to pay the money so they wait for us to decide and do it again. Tightwads. Alex was 6 the first time we went. He had a good time. Joined the children's program and hung around us. He also had Andrew and Austin to help look after him. This time with him 10 it was much easier. 1. because he had already done it and 2. the ship was smaller so it was easier to keep track of them.

DS4 will be five if we go next year. I was wondering if he'd end up being "bored on board". In fact, I was wondering if I'd be bored, too! I'm the get up and go kind of gal on vacation, my DH loves to just sit around, and from what I've been told, there's a whole lot of relaxin' going on! I'd love to hear your two cents...

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #152
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
DS4 will be five if we go next year. I was wondering if he'd end up being "bored on board". In fact, I was wondering if I'd be bored, too! I'm the get up and go kind of gal on vacation, my DH loves to just sit around, and from what I've been told, there's a whole lot of relaxin' going on! I'd love to hear your two cents...
Pm me and I will be glad to give you my knowledge or lack thereof.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #153
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

I sent you a PM on that. Thanks again for your information!!!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Old 07-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #154
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I sent you a message.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 07-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #155
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's exactly my way of thinkin'. I don't know if I'd be bored or love it or what.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #156
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

signing in...this is the second or third time I have started --figure I need to stop and sign in, in case I have to stop, again (seems the only time I can read start to finish is late at night--the babes are sleeping now so I'm going to do my best...
I am only in the very beginning but your family, so far seems like a great bunch...
seems we were there during the same wonderful rainy time and can't wait to see what you thought of the resort--we are leaning towards CSR for next year
Connie
Old 07-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #157
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
That's exactly my way of thinkin'. I don't know if I'd be bored or love it or what.
We do love as do the kids and grandkids. But they love it every few years and Don and I love it every year. Does that make sense?

Old 07-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #158
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
signing in...this is the second or third time I have started --figure I need to stop and sign in, in case I have to stop, again (seems the only time I can read start to finish is late at night--the babes are sleeping now so I'm going to do my best...
I am only in the very beginning but your family, so far seems like a great bunch...
seems we were there during the same wonderful rainy time and can't wait to see what you thought of the resort--we are leaning towards CSR for next year
Connie
Hi Connie, Thanks for coming back to read.

We are a crazy bunch for sure and do have fun. We really enjoyed CSR. It fit our needs really well.The queen beds are great for our oversized bunch. THe pool is wonderfull. They loved the slide. I do have some pics of it I will post. I don't have pics of the room but on the resort website there are lots of the new ones posted.

I probably won't post anymore till next week after my birthday tomorrow.

Ginny

Old 07-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #159
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

OK first things first HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Can't wait to hear about it!!!!

Now, I know I just read the whole thing so let's see if I can remember everything I want to comment on...
I love the surprises --no one can ever surprise me but I would sure love for Danny to try a Disney trip or Hawaii either would be awesome...

your crew certaintly looked to have been a lively and fun group...I love ALL the group shots
you were right about the magic...Dayne at 16 kept telling me to give him his share of the money and he would just stay home and spend it on his car. Once there he was like a child again, although no shots w/the characters (we really did not have too many to begin with). And, now he tells me not only does he want to come back w/Danny & I next year he plans on going there for his Sr. trip (only problem he will still be 17 in May--no chaprone, not legal to travel outside of the state w/o a 21yr old chap).

The character meals look to be lots of fun...we scrubbed ours this past May and boy was I sorry--I should of at least taken Ashton, Danny, & I. Esp. since the older ones went to Rainforest w/o us. We were trying to save money.

Cruises: we did it once in Dec 2001 we went on the Holiday out of NO at the time--I have a pic of me, my mom, & Gwendolyn w/the same piano. We keep saying we are going on another cruise just always seem to make other plans. Next year was suppose to be Yellowstone and it has become Disney again. One of my girlfriends is planning a trip for Thanksgiving out of Mobile if I finish Ashton's med bills by than and can swing it Danny & I may try (although I have not left Ashton except for one night so far).

I know I know--I was young when I had Gwendolyn & Dayne and they were at my mom's as much as w/us. They have traveled all over the country w/my parents and I just do not feel my mom is healthy enough for a toddler this go round. She is only 58 and dad 62 but she has problems that she takes alot of meds and limited mobilty that makes it hard for her to chase a tot. and he just adores them. I also have issues this go round--long story no one wants to hear And, poor Gwendolyn is really smart but just does not have a clue what a toddler/preschooler is capable of

Well, I will sign out at this point--have really enjoyed your TR up to this point keep it coming.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #160
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I guess we'll soon find out. I think we can swing a seven day cruise for about as much as a Disney trip would cost, but the bonus is that I only have to drive to Mobile, which isn't nearly as far as Disney! Well, that's next year. Who knows what could happen between now and then?

My mom called me last night and was making reservations again for Spring Break next year. I told her to count me out, much as it pained me. Besides, I've been to Disney through two Spring Breaks so far, and it is just tooooo crowded! I don't know if I wanna do that again...

Old 07-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #161
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess we'll soon find out. I think we can swing a seven day cruise for about as much as a Disney trip would cost, but the bonus is that I only have to drive to Mobile, which isn't nearly as far as Disney! Well, that's next year. Who knows what could happen between now and then?

Ya'll will love it!!! Even DS will love it!!!It is a very nice, relaxing, and exhilarting vacation.

My mom called me last night and was making reservations again for Spring Break next year. I told her to count me out, much as it pained me. Besides, I've been to Disney through two Spring Breaks so far, and it is just tooooo crowded! I don't know if I wanna do that again...

I know that the people who do Disney every year will flame me; but, variety is nice. Danny & I usually try to start to think about WDW is every 5 years; we are going back next year because it was sooooo crowded and the rain was horrid. But, we have cruises, Hawaii, Yelowstone and Alaska and we want to go back to Vegas so you figure a trip a year. We have things lined up.... so glad the kids are moving on
Old 07-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #162
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Yes, I agree, variety IS nice! I do love my Disney, but I want to experience other things with my son, as well. Hawaii sounds soooo nice. I'm jealous, LOL! Yellowstone sounds fun, too. One thing I really want to do before I die (uh!) is go to see the redwood trees in CA. They are just so magnificent and beautiful!

And in regard to the cruise, there's only one way to find out if we'll like it or not, and that's to go on one! I told DS4 about the pool they have with the slide and he's totally amped. Now, if I just make it through to next year.

We went to Disney the week after Thanksgiving in 2006, so when you are there next year, it will be the perfect time to go - low crowds, I bet! I was spoiled to the low crowds so when we went back in March, I was like: WHERE DID ALL THESE PEOPLE COME FROM???

Old 07-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #163
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK first things first

Quote:
I love the surprises --no one can ever surprise me but I would sure love for Danny to try a Disney trip or Hawaii either would be awesome..
I could do Hawaii for sure or anywhere for that matter

Quote:
your crew certaintly looked to have been a lively and fun group...I love ALL the group shots
you were right about the magic...Dayne at 16 kept telling me to give him his share of the money and he would just stay home and spend it on his car. Once there he was like a child again, although no shots w/the characters (we really did not have too many to begin with). And, now he tells me not only does he want to come back w/Danny & I next year he plans on going there for his Sr. trip (only problem he will still be 17 in May--no chaprone, not legal to travel outside of the state w/o a 21yr old chap).
I don't know if I could even let a 21 year old go out on their own. But I am very protective of my flock.

Quote:
The character meals look to be lots of fun...we scrubbed ours this past May and boy was I sorry--I should of at least taken Ashton, Danny, & I. Esp. since the older ones went to Rainforest w/o us. We were trying to save money.
Way fun. Amazingly Austin had a great time

Quote:
Cruises: we did it once in Dec 2001 we went on the Holiday out of NO at the time--I have a pic of me, my mom, & Gwendolyn w/the same piano.
That is great. We have something in common

We keep saying we are going on another cruise just always seem to make other plans. Next year was suppose to be Yellowstone and it has become Disney again. One of my girlfriends is planning a trip for Thanksgiving out of
Quote:
Mobile if I finish Ashton's med bills by than and can swing it Danny & I may try (although I have not left Ashton except for one night so far).
After what you have been through I don't know if I could leave him either.

Quote:
I know I know--I was young when I had Gwendolyn & Dayne and they were at my mom's as much as w/us. They have traveled all over the country w/my parents and I just do not feel my mom is healthy enough for a toddler this go round. She is only 58 and dad 62 but she has problems that she takes alot of meds and limited mobilty that makes it hard for her to chase a tot. and he just adores them. I also have issues this go round--long story no one wants to hear And, poor Gwendolyn is really smart but just does not have a clue what a toddler/preschooler is capable of
Maybe that will take the desire for any young girl not to get pregnant

Well, I will sign out at this point--have really enjoyed your TR up to this point keep it coming.
Sorry to be so long in returning your post. Would you believe my boss had me working? What is he thinking anyway? I don't if you read elsewhere but I work for a psychiatrist and there is me (office manager) and Christine (secretary, receptionist) so sometimes it gets very hectic. Then around 4 o'clock 2 drug reps came in and brought me a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. So we all had to take a break. It was yummy and it will be my dessert of the day. Lucky me.

So now to the real work.

I do live for my family but I don't let my family live for me. They do have their own lives and need to make their own friends. What would they do after Don and I are gone if they don't have someone else in their life?

When Austin (17) was small he used to spend everyother weekend with me. I was in grandma heaven. Then when he was around 12 (and shaving I might add) he said "grandma, I don't want you to think I don't love you but I have friends and they are important to me and I want to spend time with them too." At that time I bucked up and held back the tears cause I knew he was growing up and said "Aust, you need to enjoy your time with your friends and remember anytime you need me I am here for you." I get off work early on Fridays and there are lots of Friday afternoons I get home and his car is in my drive. It brings me such joy.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:44 PM   #164
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't think I could do spring break. And besides maybe you need a bit with just your family. Or at least if you go with your dad and mom again be sure your dh can go with you for moral support.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #165
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

That's why I want so badly to have another child, so that I will have a big family later on! That remains to be seen since DH can't make up his mind!!! I keep telling him I'm not getting any younger, LOL!

How nice it must be to come home and see his car in your driveway! I used to spend a whole lotta time at my grandmother's house because it was just such a fun place to be. It was like the hub of our family. Then she died and a lot of things changed. I miss her!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: