Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #751
newtodis
Disney Lover!

Ok....OT but if anyone needs any other reading for the weekend, feel free to stop by my PTR (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2153582). We're leaving in 18 days (so long as all is resolved with DS2's foot!)!!!

Ok back to J&K....As weird as it is to not have a million new pictures of their every move posted today, I'm hoping they're enjoying the break provided to them by other recent events and others untimely passing.

Nov/Dec PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35542292
Planning a mid Nov - mid Dec trip? Check out our thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2399320
Old 06-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #752
twinmomplus2new
DIS Veteran

Oh my

All I have to add ......Is that I am sorry for KrissyPA in the fore mentioned quotes.

Spell check woman please!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #753
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtodis View Post

I've always read that the locals didn't think highly of her and I'm sure the comments section of an article isn't the best place to look for support but yikes! I like hearing what the locals say/think/feel because they're there I guess and interact with it more maybe than what I just see on TLC and read here on the DIS (or google when I have time to venture out...).

Link to the article and the rest of the comments: http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=145187
Thanks for posting that -- you're right, what the locals say is a lot more revealing than what TLC and the tabloids feed to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
there's one of the blindgossip items that is true .. which, I don't think anyone considers a surprise. at least I don't. I always figured the book would come out, unless there is substantial/significant proof Kate (since she's the author) was behaving in a way that didn't support Zondervan's mission.
A huge conference in Toronto cancelled her appearance there in the fall -- apparently they're not too happy with her attitude as of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidshop View Post
No! this part: which recently concluded on TLC with the announcement that Gosselin and her husband would be separating after acts of infidelity and neglectful parenting.
I missed that too -- oooh! that doesn't beat around the bush, does it?

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
Old 06-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #754
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Re: the apt. in NY

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/f...-york-9153.php

A summary for those of you who can't go to the link: according to this article, Brian Sep (who has been friends with Jon for 15 years) says Jon is going to be working in NY mon-thurs, staying in the house fri-sun. Plus, they had already been living separately for some time.

His friend says he is happy Jon is finally getting back to being his old self.

However, there are rumours that TLC was trying to get Jon to take a 4 bdrm apt and have the kids go there to visit him every 2nd week, film him taking the kids around NY (FAO Schwartz toy store was mentioned) -- TLC agreed to pay part of the rent if he went along. Apparently, he won't do that.

There was also a rumour that the apartment hunting was just part of ramping up to a spot on Celebrity Apprentice but I think that this article dispels that.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
Old 06-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #755
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix View Post
Re: the apt. in NY

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/f...-york-9153.php

A summary for those of you who can't go to the link: according to this article, Brian Sep (who has been friends with Jon for 15 years) says Jon is going to be working in NY mon-thurs, staying in the house fri-sun. Plus, they had already been living separately for some time.

His friend says he is happy Jon is finally getting back to being his old self.

However, there are rumours that TLC was trying to get Jon to take a 4 bdrm apt and have the kids go there to visit him every 2nd week, film him taking the kids around NY (FAO Schwartz toy store was mentioned) -- TLC agreed to pay part of the rent if he went along. Apparently, he won't do that.

There was also a rumour that the apartment hunting was just part of ramping up to a spot on Celebrity Apprentice but I think that this article dispels that.
Working? Doing what? I wonder what that means.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #756
jpaxton1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Working? Doing what? I wonder what that means.
He is going back to IT I thought. I am glad to see he will not bring the kids to NY and film them.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #757
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

So he will be away from them every Mon.-Thursday?

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Old 06-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #758
ajk912
Dum..dum...dum...we are in the Twilight Zone
Yup, I generally don't sweat the gas
Frenzied free for all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
He gets the kids 3 days, she gets them 4 days. Since they are doing the custody in the house, and there are only 7 days a week, that's the way it's going to work out.

BTW, you people are CHATTY. At this rate we will be on thread #6 in less than two weeks!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #759
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtodis View Post
Ok....OT but if anyone needs any other reading for the weekend, feel free to stop by my PTR (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2153582). We're leaving in 18 days (so long as all is resolved with DS2's foot!)!!!

Ok back to J&K....As weird as it is to not have a million new pictures of their every move posted today, I'm hoping they're enjoying the break provided to them by other recent events and others untimely passing.
I am going over to read your PTR . If anyone wants even more reading come on by my PTR too here . We are taking my 20 year old son, his girlfriend, and her two kids to WDW in November. I need advice on the kids front, I am scared .

I hope you are right that they enjoy this break from the media and try to get back to normal a bit.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #760
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaxton1118 View Post
He is going back to IT I thought. I am glad to see he will not bring the kids to NY and film them.
Really? I hadn't heard that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk912 View Post
He gets the kids 3 days, she gets them 4 days. Since they are doing the custody in the house, and there are only 7 days a week, that's the way it's going to work out.

BTW, you people are CHATTY. At this rate we will be on thread #6 in less than two weeks!
We are pretty chatty. Sheesh, you should have seen how quickly this thread moved the night of the season 5 premiere! That should be some kind of record on the dis!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #761
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomOfThree View Post
I pop in from time to time and read these great comments, but have never posted before.

I think J&K really blew it, I don't know if they could fix it but I think they owe it to their kids to try, and the first step is to stop the show. But for the new family, I just wonder, why not learn from J&K's mistakes?

What is the saying? Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it. I know it wasn't meant for reality TV, but it seems appropriate.

I really don't understand???
Hi, I pop in from time to time too.
We all know that Jon and Kate are now divorcing,
but does anyone wonder why Jon isn't willing to try
counseling or go to therapy? Heck, maybe he does
and we don't know it. I know someone that up and left his wife,
because his therapist told him it would be for the best.
It just seems wierd that Jon has such anger, that he won't speak to Kate, or she said he hasn't for the last couple of months without each incident being a huge blow-up. I don't see how he can turn around now and agree on an divorce with that much hatred. There are going to be so many decisions that Jon and Kate will need to determine with those kids. It will be sad, when Jon figures out his new life he is excited for, won't be any greener on the other side. He is going to end up looking in to his old life, and not be able to do anything because he is throwing it away. Sure they say they will have joint custody, but I have a feeling this divorce is not going to be very nice.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #762
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaxton1118 View Post
I heard IT too. I know a few people in those fields -- lots of short weeks and very late nights ie. when everybody else has left the office for the day. Sounds about right for a 4 day week.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour about TLC trying to get him to move the kids back and forth to NY were true -- they need more places to go to boost the ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
Apparently. But he can't be with them Mon-Thurs because those are Kate's days.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #763
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Hi, I pop in from time to time too.
We all know that Jon and Kate are now divorcing,
but does anyone wonder why Jon isn't willing to try
counseling or go to therapy? Heck, maybe he does
and we don't know it. I know someone that up and left his wife,
because his therapist told him it would be for the best.
It just seems wierd that Jon has such anger, that he won't speak to Kate, or she said he hasn't for the last couple of months without each incident being a huge blow-up. I don't see how he can turn around now and agree on an divorce with that much hatred. There are going to be so many decisions that Jon and Kate will need to determine with those kids. It will be sad, when Jon figures out his new life he is excited for, won't be any greener on the other side. He is going to end up looking in to his old life, and not be able to do anything because he is throwing it away. Sure they say they will have joint custody, but I have a feeling this divorce is not going to be very nice.
I don't know. It is already ugly, but it seems like Kate's been doing all of the talking.

If I were Jon I'd be angry at myself for not sticking up for myself more.
In this clip, it clearly shows he doesn't want to do the show anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKyum...layer_embedded

But he did it anyway!

One has to wonder if he doesn't regret not standing up to her in the middle of WDW when she threw their ice creams away. If you think about it, he hasn't been standing up for his kids either -- he should have a lot of guilt by now.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #764
SkyGirl
Survivor

Location: Steeler Nation, in my heart. Ft. Lauderdale, in real life

Did anyone see the pictures of Kate in this weeks People? Her hair was tamed!! It was down flat in the back in all the pictures. I was shocked.

My opinion only: I hate her hair with the passion of a thousand suns. Okay, maybe not that much, but it is butt ugly.

I hope this wasn't already discussed!!

Old 06-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #765
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk912 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix View Post

Apparently. But he can't be with them Mon-Thurs because those are Kate's days.
I realize they can't be with them everyday because they are divorced but he is REALLY away in NYC. I wonder how far Kate will be from them during those 3 days. I hope she is not far--in case they need her.

What if you just want your other parent? Doesn't that ever happen during time apart? I guess you call or skype. This scenerio makes me so sad. I think I feel seperation anxiety sympathy pains for them. Maybe because there is so many of them they won't want the other parent during the wrong time. But what if there was an emergency and he is 150 miles away? I think this sounds worse than cameras in your face.

Shining at the end of everyday
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: