Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
djthereplay
Mouseketeer
 
djthereplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 177

Question about The Disneyland Mickey Mouse Birthday Buckets

Hello ALL !,

My Name is William Dwight Stewart, Jr.
This is My FIRST Thread Post on The Disneyland Side of
The DIS Discussion Forums !

I have a Question about The Disneyland Birthday Buckets out of Curiousity.
I have been reading some Pretty Exciting and Tempting News about The Disneyland Birthday Buckets offered during This What will you celebrate? /
Celebrate Today! Promotion .
I am asking EVERYBODY That posts On This Forum if They Have ANY KIND of Picture of The Disneyland Mickey Mouse Birthday Buckets Offered for This
What will you celebrate? / Celebrate Today Promotion?

I am wandering if They have A Special Designed Mickey Mouse Birthday Buckets That are ONLY Available during This Year?

Thank you for Your Time and Attention !,
~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,827
DISboards Moderator

Welcome to our little Disneyland section of DISboards!

I moved this thread to the main Disneyland forum so you will have more views and hopefully more responses!
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,262

I think the buckets are gone, I think they only do the treasure chests now. I don't have any pics and I can't review because I've never had one....sorry....I'm sure someone will jump in with a review tho. I really wanted to say Welcome to the Dis!!!
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
djthereplay
Mouseketeer
 
djthereplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Welcome to our little Disneyland section of DISboards!

I moved this thread to the main Disneyland forum so you will have more views and hopefully more responses!
Thank you, Sherry E The Moderator !!!

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
djthereplay
Mouseketeer
 
djthereplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
I think the buckets are gone, I think they only do the treasure chests now. I don't have any pics and I can't review because I've never had one....sorry....I'm sure someone will jump in with a review tho. I really wanted to say Welcome to the Dis!!!
Hello pixiewings71 !,

I visited Disneyland's Celebration Central Website, and Found Them mentioning something about The Sorcerer Mickey Celebration Bucket.
If They STILL Have The Buckets, I am wandering if They Have Enhanced it for The What will you celebrate? Promtion. If They Don`t , Then well, They Don`t Have Them available right now.
I wish that there was a way that Those Birthday Buckets could be ordered by mail. I wish Walt Disney World could go that route, so that instead of Guests having to carry Their Cakes. They could have The Choice of Wearing The Celebration Bucket and have an easier time carrying the cake WITHOUT ACTUALLY HAVING To Carry the cake by Hand, due to the Fact that The Sorcerer Mickey Hat Led Top for The Bucket is The Container for The Little Cake, and The Birthday Bucket Has A Pin Lanyard Strap inside of it, Based On The Pictures That I have seen on The Internet.

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 45,736

"instead of Guests having to carry Their Cakes. They could have The Choice of Wearing The Celebration Bucket and have an easier time carrying the cake WITHOUT ACTUALLY HAVING To Carry the cake by Hand, due to the Fact that The Sorcerer Mickey Hat Led Top for The Bucket is The Container for The Little Cake, and The Birthday Bucket Has A Pin Lanyard Strap inside of it,"


I'm a little confused. First, b/c I haven't seen those inside the parks, though the pirate/princess TINY little bitty treasure chest with an even more miniscule cake inside of it, are very visible.

Second, because when I got the princess bucket a few years ago, I didn't have to carry the cake separately from the bucket; the cake fit inside the bucket, along with the little goodies (good for a 2 year old girl, IMO, I really should sell the thing, I don't know WHAT hubby was thinking buying it for me).

And unless they've improved something significantly in the 3 years since I got it...the cake is absolutely atrocious.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,262

I haven't seen any buckets at DL, maybe they only have them at WDW and they do the treasure chests at DL. And yes, we got one for DD a couple years ago for her bday, the cake fit right inside the bucket, and the cake was gross wasn't it Molly? lol She still has her bucket at home.
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
djthereplay
Mouseketeer
 
djthereplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
I haven't seen any buckets at DL, maybe they only have them at WDW and they do the treasure chests at DL. And yes, we got one for DD a couple years ago for her bday, the cake fit right inside the bucket, and the cake was gross wasn't it Molly? lol She still has her bucket at home.
Hello pixiewings71 !,

I am not seeing Walt Disney World mention anything about Sorcerer Mickey Birthday Buckets. However Disneyland Does, So This leads me to think that Disneyland as of right now has paused On The Sorcerer Mickey Celebration Buckets, OR Are These Sorcerer Mickey Celebration Buckets Only available Through Room Service at The Hotels at The Disneyland Resort ?
However, Based On What I have read BOTH Disneyland Resort, AND Walt Disney World Do The Pirate and Princess Treasure Chests with The Mini Cake in them. You mentioned That The Cake Fit Right inside The Bucket, and That is part of The Benefit of The Disneyland Birthday Bucket.

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #9
djthereplay
Mouseketeer
 
djthereplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
"instead of Guests having to carry Their Cakes. They could have The Choice of Wearing The Celebration Bucket and have an easier time carrying the cake WITHOUT ACTUALLY HAVING To Carry the cake by Hand, due to the Fact that The Sorcerer Mickey Hat Led Top for The Bucket is The Container for The Little Cake, and The Birthday Bucket Has A Pin Lanyard Strap inside of it,"


I'm a little confused. First, b/c I haven't seen those inside the parks, though the pirate/princess TINY little bitty treasure chest with an even more miniscule cake inside of it, are very visible.

Second, because when I got the princess bucket a few years ago, I didn't have to carry the cake separately from the bucket; the cake fit inside the bucket, along with the little goodies (good for a 2 year old girl, IMO, I really should sell the thing, I don't know WHAT hubby was thinking buying it for me).

And unless they've improved something significantly in the 3 years since I got it...the cake is absolutely atrocious.
EXACTLY bumbershoot !,
Based On the pictures that I have seen, At Disneyland, They used to have A Sorcerer Mickey Birthday Bucket, A Princess Birthday Bucket, and A Pooh Birthday Bucket. Although, I have never visited Disneyland, and Part of me wants to. Based On What I have seen, You were able to carry The Cake HANDS FREE, and That is The One Thing That I like about it.
I have Never seen The Birthday Bucket become available to
Walt Disney World. But at least, The Treasure Chest Things that Disney is doing Now is A Step in The Right Direction In My Opinion.
I just wish that The Treasure Chests would become As Flexable as The Disneyland Birthday Buckets Are so That You can STILL Have The Choice To Carry Your Cake HANDS FREE.

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #10
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,262

But why would you carry your cake? Why wouldn't you eat it at the restaurant? We did when we got the Princess Bucket for DD. They really aren't portable cakes, they are meant to be eaten before you leave the restaurant. And again, I'm only reporting on what I've seen, I've only seen the treasure chests at DL & DCA since the beginning of the year and when I've called to make PS for our bday meals the CM's aren't offering the buckets as an add on, only the treasure chests. I'm not looking online, I'm just referring to my personal experiences.
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #11
djthereplay
Mouseketeer
 
djthereplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
But why would you carry your cake? Why wouldn't you eat it at the restaurant? We did when we got the Princess Bucket for DD. They really aren't portable cakes, they are meant to be eaten before you leave the restaurant. And again, I'm only reporting on what I've seen, I've only seen the treasure chests at DL & DCA since the beginning of the year and when I've called to make PS for our bday meals the CM's aren't offering the buckets as an add on, only the treasure chests. I'm not looking online, I'm just referring to my personal experiences.
Firstly, I don`t see The Birthday Buckets at Walt Disney World The Last time I went, I am ONLY seeing The Treasure Chests Available at Walt Disney World. but Then again, This conversation does make me want to ask A WDW CM though.
Secondly, If I were To Visit Disneyland For My Birthday, I WOULD Attempt to Go For The Birthday Bucket and Have The Mini Birthday Cake inside The Bucket top For Snack.
Thirdly, If You are Staying in One of The Disneyland Resort Owned Hotels On Disney Property, Is There a way That You can ask A Disneyland CM if They are offering The Sorcerer Mickey Celebration Buckets through Room Service at The Hotels On Their Property?
I`d just thought I`d ask.

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:35 PM   #12
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 45,736

If you are staying on site, you have access to the Vacation Planning people. They can send out a list of items available through them. Room Service doesn't cover things like what your'e talking about, but Vacation Planning does.

WAY back when they offered the Pooh buckets (oh that sounds wrong)...that is actually what I wanted, for my birthday in '06, but they were already discontinued. Still in the late '05-published guidebooks, but not in existence anymore.

Also mentioned were the princess buckets and a Mickey bucket, but, and this might just be faulty memory, I don't remember it being *sorcerer* Mickey. I know it had a plush Mickey in it, a very small one...I don't remember there being a lanyard, but a pin is likely. The princess bucket had a little sparkly pink comb, maybe a brush (not sure), a pin, and a sheet of princess "dress up doll" magnets (can't recall the princess though it's at home on the fridge, not taken apart).

I know where you're seeing the basic list...the "pirate or princess chest and the sorcerer mickey bucket", I checked out the really sad and useless (in my opinion) Celebration pages...I don't see info about what is IN the bucket, and again, I haven't seen it advertised anywhere, and we even stayed onsite last month.

When I got the bucket in '06, I didn't get it at a restaurant. The cake then wasn't as tiny as the treasure chests are, but again, it was awful. The whole experience, for me, wasn't worth more than $5, but of course it cost about $20. Hopefully someone with current, absolute experience in this (either the bucket still exists and someone got one, or someone knows that they dont' exist other than on that Celebrate page) will chime in, but until then, I don't know...just doesn't seem, from my experience with the bucket (and experience trying to find out the ingredients of the treasure cake so I could know if it was safe for my son (impossible, they seem to keep the ingredient list top secret, but told me it's sugar free (YUCK)), it does'nt seem worthy of one more moment of thought. In my opinion.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #13
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 45,736

By the way, since the info is in the general Celebrate pages, I doubt *highly* that, IF it exists, it's only available through Vacation Planning. They tend to keep those things unpublished, b/c otherwise people get confused and think they are available to everyone. So, IF it is available, it's going to be available at the bakeries (like the treasure chests are) and the restaurants (again, like the treasure chests). Being mentioned on those pages means they are available to the public.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #14
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,827
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
...WAY back when they offered the Pooh buckets (oh that sounds wrong)...

Well at least it sounds better than 'Bucket of Pooh.'
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #15
djthereplay
Mouseketeer
 
djthereplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
If you are staying on site, you have access to the Vacation Planning people. They can send out a list of items available through them. Room Service doesn't cover things like what your'e talking about, but Vacation Planning does.

WAY back when they offered the Pooh buckets (oh that sounds wrong)...that is actually what I wanted, for my birthday in '06, but they were already discontinued. Still in the late '05-published guidebooks, but not in existence anymore.

Also mentioned were the princess buckets and a Mickey bucket, but, and this might just be faulty memory, I don't remember it being *sorcerer* Mickey. I know it had a plush Mickey in it, a very small one...I don't remember there being a lanyard, but a pin is likely. The princess bucket had a little sparkly pink comb, maybe a brush (not sure), a pin, and a sheet of princess "dress up doll" magnets (can't recall the princess though it's at home on the fridge, not taken apart).

I know where you're seeing the basic list...the "pirate or princess chest and the sorcerer mickey bucket", I checked out the really sad and useless (in my opinion) Celebration pages...I don't see info about what is IN the bucket, and again, I haven't seen it advertised anywhere, and we even stayed onsite last month.

When I got the bucket in '06, I didn't get it at a restaurant. The cake then wasn't as tiny as the treasure chests are, but again, it was awful. The whole experience, for me, wasn't worth more than $5, but of course it cost about $20. Hopefully someone with current, absolute experience in this (either the bucket still exists and someone got one, or someone knows that they dont' exist other than on that Celebrate page) will chime in, but until then, I don't know...just doesn't seem, from my experience with the bucket (and experience trying to find out the ingredients of the treasure cake so I could know if it was safe for my son (impossible, they seem to keep the ingredient list top secret, but told me it's sugar free (YUCK)), it does'nt seem worthy of one more moment of thought. In my opinion.

Well bumbershoot,


So, Now I See The Turn off with The Mini Birthday Cake.
Thank you for notifying me on that.
My Mom is taking me to Walt Disney World for My 31st Birthday,
and I will be at Epcot on My 31st Birthday.
I will look for that when I get My Pirate Treasure Chest For My Birthday Dinner with The Princesses at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.
SUGAR FREE = WRONG ANSWER FOR ME TOO
Thanks for Sharing Your Experience.
I wonder if The Birthday Bucket would be able to hold Cupcakes?
If so, If I were to have A Disneyland Birthday Bucket,
Guess what, I`d try to wash the Bucket top off, after I am done with The Cake that is in it, and Reuse the Birthday Bucket to hold A Cupcake in it.
Also, If Disneyland were to make me A Sugar free cake, and I Found out about it by Tasting it?
If You heard a CM getting cussed out by me at My Birthday Dinner?
That is the reason why.

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disneyland Attraction and Dining Reviews WebmasterCorey Disneyland (California) 113 03-05-2014 01:46 AM
July 6, 2010 - 7/6/2010 ~ Pounds to Rubles ~ Mickey invades the Baltic Sea nzdisneymom Disney Cruise Meets 3828 08-11-2010 05:26 PM
Gals (or Guys) with curls...Hair product question please! twanner Budget Board 6 06-22-2009 07:32 PM
Chef Mickey’s that popular?? MarkinNM Disney Restaurants 19 06-22-2009 07:30 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.