Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #91
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Holy Star Wars...what an update!! You met EWOKS YAY...I love Ewoks!! My very favorite episode of Star wars is #6 Return of the Jedi...just adore it!!! It looks like you guys had a blast and I can't wait to read more!! Some of those pictures are just ADORABLE!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #92
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Oh my heck, my brother was OBSESSED with Boba Fett as a kid. If he would have met him, or any of his relatives, he probably would have wet himself.

I love the picture of you girls with Minnie Leia. She would have been my top pick, but poor John and Michael.
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #93
stace208
DIS Veteran

Those are wonderful SW pictures! I so wish they had kept SWW all the weekends in June because my DS would've loved to see all those characters.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #94
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAJmom View Post
Love all the SW character pics! Minnie Leia is so pretty is her white dress! I can't believe how many characters were walking around right before the Hoopla. I decided to skip that show, mostly because it was so crowded and I didn't think my boys would be able to see anything. Sounds like you found a great spot by the curb!!!
It was probably a smart move for you to skip the Hoopla. The kids really didn't see much of the show, though it was fun to mingle with the characters in the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I have been reading your trip report. It sounds like a great trip so far. I love how brave your little on is. Both my kids are very timid about rides, my daughter, who is 13, is finally coming around. In fact, TOT is her favorite ride. My son, 6, has got a LONG way to go. I have already started telling him that on our next trip, everything that I think he can handle, he is riding. We may have a few tears but I know he will end up liking most things. I am mean like that anyway.
My 2 older kids are quite timid as well, especially DS 7. My DD is slowly coming around. Our youngest though seems to have no fear! It is lots of fun, but I can see how it could get him in trouble someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Holy Star Wars...what an update!! You met EWOKS YAY...I love Ewoks!! My very favorite episode of Star wars is #6 Return of the Jedi...just adore it!!! It looks like you guys had a blast and I can't wait to read more!! Some of those pictures are just ADORABLE!
Episode 6 is DS4's favorite too. Everytime he watches the Ewok's battle, he laughs hysterically It can't help but make me smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Oh my heck, my brother was OBSESSED with Boba Fett as a kid. If he would have met him, or any of his relatives, he probably would have wet himself.

I love the picture of you girls with Minnie Leia. She would have been my top pick, but poor John and Michael.
I didn't really know who Boba Fett was. (In fact I think I spelled him name wrong) but apparently he is cool. I was happy to meet Minnie Leia too and the boys seem to think they met Goofy and Donald so it all worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Those are wonderful SW pictures! I so wish they had kept SWW all the weekends in June because my DS would've loved to see all those characters.
We actually changed our vacation dates when they changed the schedule. It is kind of a bummer. Maybe they will change it back to all June next year.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #95
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great SW pics!! Poor Chewie in your first picture. The family shot turned out really nice and you found more Ewoks!! Yay!! Can't wait for more.....

Old 07-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #96
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great SW pics!! Poor Chewie in your first picture. The family shot turned out really nice and you found more Ewoks!! Yay!! Can't wait for more.....
Chewie did feel a little left out More coming soon
Old 07-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #97
dismagiclover

Scary Stormtroopers and Beachy Dreams

We had a 7:30 ADR at Mama Melrose and we were cutting it close. We checked in and only had to wait a few minutes before we were seated. This was a new restaurant for all of us and we liked it. The food wasnít particularly memorable (I had some sort of pasta), but it was fine. It was a quiet, relaxed atmosphere which was nice after the busyness of our day. I donít think itís a destination restaurant by any means, but I wouldnít be opposed to eating there again sometime. After dinner the park had really cleared out. We decided to explore some more of the Star Wars areas now that all of the people had left.

Those storm troopers are pretty scary stuff

It had been a full day so we headed out of the park. We decided to walk back to the Beach Club to see how long it took. It was a nice walk along the water and the Boardwalk. It took about 20 minutes. Once we got back to the room, Wendy started begging to watch Bedtime Stories on the beach. I agreed to go out with her for a few minutes. The boys climbed in bed and fell asleep almost immediately while Wendy and I headed to the beach. It was beautiful there. Again, my camera isnít great (or maybe it's the photographer) but the view across the water is breathtaking.

While we were watching the movie, Illuminations was going in Epcot. I kicked my shoes off, dug my toes into the softest sand anywhere and watched the fireworks. I think this is what heaven is like Though I would have liked to stay for the whole movie, I knew we had an early start the next day so we headed back inside. Another wonderful day at Disney in the books.

Up next: More Star Wars Weekend

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-18-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #98
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
While we were watching the movie, Illuminations was going in Epcot. I kicked my shoes off, dug my toes into the softest sand anywhere and watched the fireworks. I think this is what heaven is like Though I would have liked to stay for the whole movie, I knew we had an early start the next day so we headed back inside. Another wonderful day at Disney in the books.
Ahhh. Those moments are what vacations to Disney are all about. We never did make it to the movie on the beach or the campfire.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #99
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh my word, my son would have loved to been on vacation with you guys. He absolutely loves anything Star Wars. Disney and Star Wars???? He would have been in heaven!

We thought about making an ADR at Mama Melrose's and now I'm glad I didn't.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #100
letstalkboutdisney
Mouseketeer

can't wait to hear more!
Sounds wonderful to be sitting on the BC beach with your feet in the sand watching the foreworks!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #101
MJAJmom
DIS Veteran

I loved all the SW cutouts and backgrounds around the park. They did a great job of making it so festive. Next trip, I'd like to try out either BC or YC. The night movies on the beach sound like fun. What time did the movie start?? Wondering if it's too late for my little ones.

June 2014 - DL planning in the works!
June 2011 - POFQ, Star Wars Weekends, Universal
April 2010 - CBR pirate room, 3rd time for just mom & 2 boys, Universal
June09 - CBR, Star Wars Weekends, just mom & 2 boys, more character meals - Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2208908
Oct08 - GF, MNSSHP, just mom & 2 boys, lots of character meals - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013585
Apr08 - GF - 1st trip for family
Old 07-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #102
letstalkboutdisney
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=dismagiclover;32411906]Day 1, Part III
So we arrived back at our room and it was in a great location. Iíd requested a full balcony or patio near the Quiet Pool. We reserved standard view, so I knew I wouldnít get a room right on the pool. What I really wanted was a room close to Epcot with a woods view and that is exactly what we got! I was initially a little bummed we werenít on a higher floor (secretly hoping for a view of Illuminations), but it didnít take long to see the advantage of the 1st floor. We could walk right out the patio door and it was a 4 minute walk to the International Gateway! The kids thought it was great and we went out that way almost everyday. (Either DH or I would have to stay and lock the patio and then make the short walk thru the hallway.) It was also very convenient when returning from the pool. We didnít have to walk through the halls all wet. The other advantage to the 1st floor was we didnít have to mess with the stairs or the elevator. Normally we wouldnít mind stairs, but since we had the stroller it was just easier to wheel Michael directly into the room. (By the end of the week it was sometimes tough to convince him to walk). Anyway here is my one and only picture of the room and our one and only towel animal.

We are thinking of requesting a ground floor room near epcot at the BC. Can you tell me more about it. Like did you feel safe with a door to the outside? What did you think of the patio? Did you use it or do you think you would have liked a balcony better?
Thanks!
Old 07-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #103
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I love the Star Wars pictures. My kids would love to be there on a Star Wars weekend. I guess that is a trip I need to plan sometime. My son loves Bedtime Stories.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #104
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

A movie, and fireworks on the beach--Wow!! What a wonderful way to end the day.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #105
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Great update! The storm tropper pics are cute!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: