Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 02:43 AM   #76
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

I love getting to the parks when they first open!! You can get so much done in such a short amount of time!! Congratulations on getting all the kids on Splash!! That's fantastic!

You know, the first time we took my grandchildren, my grandson wouldn't wear the 3D glasses either. Our 2nd trip he did though. He wasn't scared at all, except when the water hit him the first time we went, but in April, not even the water bothered him.

LOVE the Ewok pictures!! Your son is so adorable anyway, but the pure joy on his face is breathtaking!! I love the transformation between outside the park and the photopass pictures, with his little arms crossed and impatient face, to the complete transformation!!

lol, too funny about Wendy and her reminder to Mommy tooth fairy!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #77
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Oh my, those Ewok pictures are absolutely precious. What a great mom moment to know that you helped to grant your little boy's hearts desire.

It looks like you had a great MK day. I'm glad you got Michael to wear his 3D glasses at Mickey's Philharmagic. I think its Disney technology at its best.

We missed SWW by one day and I know the kids would have loved it. I can't wait to read about the other activities.

Oh SAB, how we miss thee. Yea for Michael going down the pirate ship slide!
It was a fabulous MK morning. SWW was a definite highlight of the trip especially for all three of my boys (Peter Pan may have liked it best of all!) and SAB, I will forever love thee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Those pictures are wonderful! Such joy! Too funny about the Wookie shrinking!

I hear ya on the boat between BC and DHS. We walked one time but it was a bit too far so we just dealt with the boat.

My DS missed that slide at SAB. It was fast! Glad you guys like it so much!!
The Ewok pictures are definitely some of my favorites! I'm so glad the photog went behind to get the face shot. I really wish they'd upgrade the boat. It would be so much more pleasant if it had outdoor seating or at least some outdoor airflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
So much for me to catch up on here!!

Wow, you guys got to MK EARLY that morning, that's great. Love the empty Main Street! Your PhotoPass comments...

So funny that we both had kiddos lose teeth that week in WDW.

Looks like you had a wonderful breakfast at CP!

Awww, Peter Pan is SO THERE (not wanting to miss Dumbo)!!!

Gotta love the spinning teacup pix! So fun!

I'm with Wendy on small world....I've had enough for awhile, maybe longer. Must do it for the little ones..It's a ONCE per trip ride though.

My boys are iffy on Philharmagic and wearing the glasses too, even my oldest who rides ALL the thrill rides now gets bothered by it!

Love the Ewok shirt! And the Ewok hug is the best!!

GREAT report Jenny!!
Hey Liz! It's about time you show your face again around here
You know me and Photopass. You have crowned me the Photopass Queen
Peter Pan was there. Now we're home again and it's just regular old DH. Oh well. I'll still keep him around
I'm not so sure I do love the spinning teacups
I still like Smal World, but it might be just because of the air conditioning
I guess DS7 isn't so unusual not wearing the glasses after all. Several people have commented their kids didn't like them. Maybe I was one of those Mean Mommies after all
The Ewok moment was the best!
I'm planning on putting your CD in the mail today. Are you still planning on sending me one of your pictures. Beware if you do. They may make it into the TR
You're the best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #78
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAJmom View Post
The close up of your son's face hugging Ewok is beautiful - like a professional moment caught on film. Love those!! His shorts are too cute - where did you get the Star Wars short he wore?

We just loved SWW - what little boy wouldn't??
The shorts (which are actually swim trunks) were a Target impulse buy. The shirt I designed and ordered off a star wars t-shirt website. I got lots of comments on it while we were in the park. Everyone wanted to know if he got to hug an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Those pictures are soooo adorable. Your son looks so happy!!!

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time at SAB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
The pictures of your son with Ewok are so precious. You can literaly see the joy in his face. Looking forward to reading more about your trip.
Thanks for the compliments. Those pictures really are priceless. For me the one shot of DD4's face was worth the price of the CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Aw darn it! Just missed us by a few days! It was hot, but it wasn't that crowded!
We'd never been in the summer before so the crowds seemed like a lot to us. We still were able to do everything we wanted though. We just always showed up at rope drop
Old 07-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #79
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
What a great TR so far!

You guys really packed a ton of stuff into the first two days - so far!

Sounds like you had a wonderful resort and location. Being 7 minutes from the World Showcase must have been so convenient. How did you like the bus travels elsewhere?

I love all the pictures - and your family is beautiful.

Can't wait for the next installment.

Ps - thanks for recruiting me to read your TR - I'm so glad you did!
We do get a lot into our days. DH doesn't know how to relax As far as bus travels: The Downtown Disney bus was annoying (way too many stops) The Magic Kingdom buses were good. MK can alway be a bit of a pain to get to unless you stay on the Monorail (like you did. Lucky girl.) They came pretty often and went directly to the front gate. If you drive you have to go to the TTC so I actually prefer the bus. We only took the Animal Kingdom bus once and it was fine too. It was the perfect location for us. DH doesn't like MK much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
I'm joining in - love the pic of DS and the ewok!
More SWW pictures coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
I love getting to the parks when they first open!! You can get so much done in such a short amount of time!! Congratulations on getting all the kids on Splash!! That's fantastic!

You know, the first time we took my grandchildren, my grandson wouldn't wear the 3D glasses either. Our 2nd trip he did though. He wasn't scared at all, except when the water hit him the first time we went, but in April, not even the water bothered him.

LOVE the Ewok pictures!! Your son is so adorable anyway, but the pure joy on his face is breathtaking!! I love the transformation between outside the park and the photopass pictures, with his little arms crossed and impatient face, to the complete transformation!!

lol, too funny about Wendy and her reminder to Mommy tooth fairy!!
Rope drop is the best time to hit the parks. It always amazes me that everyone doesn't do it, but that just makes it better for us
It is funny to see the change in DS4's attitude from picture to picture. He's not one to fake a smile for the camera, that's for sure
Old 07-08-2009, 08:18 AM   #80
dismagiclover

Technical Question

This is directed to anyone that knows the answer. I want to make my TR more user friendly by putting links to single posts in the first entry. How do I do that? TIA
Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #81
dismagiclover

More Star Wars Guys

The other kids finally headed over and got their chance to say hello to the Ewok. Chewie was feeling a bit left out.

I told Wendy to give a little Wookie Love and so she did.

You’ll notice, however, that Michael was not giving up his death grip on that Ewok. He never even came close to Chewbaca.

DH and I hopped in for a family shot, one of my favorites of the trip.

Michael said his farewell to the Ewok

As we walked away I said, “I know what Michael’s favorite thing of the day was.” Michael replied, “Not for the day Mommy. That was my favorite thing of my whole life!” I tell you Disney Magic is real

With the only must do of our entire trip accomplished, what should we do now? Let’s go look for Mickey of course! We found him and hopped into his line. The CM told us he would be leaving in a few minutes and Goofy and Donald would be coming out. The boys were happy about that because they found it hilarious that Darth Goofy forgot his pants! Here they come!

The boys point and laugh, of course. Wendy says she isn’t getting anywhere near some guy that isn’t wearing pants. Good girl Wendy! You remember that for at least the next 15 years! Goofy and Donald were full of antics and the line slowed down dramatically. It wasn’t too long until we realized we weren’t going to meet them either. John really wanted pictures with them so we snapped these.

Just a side note here: I really wish they would set up this character meet n greet like they do the one in Epcot. Wait in one line (preferably in air conditioning) and meet all the characters at once. There were people all around us who were back hoping to pick up that last character and it was almost a crap shoot about who you’d end up meeting.

Anyway, after 15 minutes or so of Goofy and Donald’s antics this lovely lady showed up.

Wendy was very happy because this is who she wanted to meet in the first place. Darth Goofy and Stormtrooper Donald bid us all farewell.

Would we actually get to meet Minnie or would we get Mickey after all?

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-18-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #82
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I love your family pictures with the Ewok and Wookie too.

Way to go Wendy for give Chewie his Wookie love AND staying away from men with no pants!

Wonder who you'll see next?

Ok, links. There may be a better way, but this is how I was taught. First, go to the post you want to link to. Right click on the post number in the upper right corner. The last option is properties. Click on it and some info comes up including the URL number. Highlight the URL then right click on that portion and click on copy. Next, go to your first post and hit edit. Go to the spot in your post where you want the links to go then click on the insert link icon, it looks like a globe with a paperclip. A box will open up. Hit backspace to erase the http: that is highlighted and then right click in the box and click paste. The URL will be written twice in your post now, with the second one highlighted. If you want to name your post, then hit backspace to erase the second copy of the URL and type in what you want.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have trouble.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #83
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Ok, links. There may be a better way, but this is how I was taught. First, go to the post you want to link to. Right click on the post number in the upper right corner. The last option is properties. Click on it and some info comes up including the URL number. Highlight the URL then right click on that portion and click on copy. Next, go to your first post and hit edit. Go to the spot in your post where you want the links to go then click on the insert link icon, it looks like a globe with a paperclip. A box will open up. Hit backspace to erase the http: that is highlighted and then right click in the box and click paste. The URL will be written twice in your post now, with the second one highlighted. If you want to name your post, then hit backspace to erase the second copy of the URL and type in what you want.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have trouble.
Thanks for the technical advice. It worked great. Now my TR is user friendly
Old 07-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #84
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
...Are you still planning on sending me one of your pictures. Beware if you do. They may make it into the TR
You're the best
lol Yep, I'm still sending you a cd and copies of our Visa meet pix!
Old 07-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #85
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Aww, poor left out Chewie! That was nice of Wendy to give him some attention.

That is an adorable shot of all of you! A great keepsake of this trip.

Oh I remember that crazy line with the Star Wars Mickey, etc. that kept changing... I remember us timing it to meet the ones we wanted to. That would be GREAT if they did it like the Epcot one! You should email them that suggestion.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #86
kshattuck
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the theme for your TR! Your family is adorable. You made me LAUGH with your concern over Wendy missing Eeyore outweighing your concern over the lost tooth and accompanying blood. Too funny!

Your little boy's face in those Ewok pictures is just priceless. The best thing of his whole life, indeed!

Can't wait to read more

Old 07-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #87
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Oh I remember that crazy line with the Star Wars Mickey, etc. that kept changing... I remember us timing it to meet the ones we wanted to. That would be GREAT if they did it like the Epcot one! You should email them that suggestion.
I'm sure they've considered it and there must be a reason they don't do it. Maybe staffing or something. Who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshattuck View Post
I LOVE the theme for your TR! Your family is adorable. You made me LAUGH with your concern over Wendy missing Eeyore outweighing your concern over the lost tooth and accompanying blood. Too funny!

Your little boy's face in those Ewok pictures is just priceless. The best thing of his whole life, indeed!

Can't wait to read more
:Welcome: and thanks for the compliments. The whole tooth thing is pretty funny and just yesterday DS4 was talking about the best thing in his life "so far". Yep, it was the Ewok hug
Old 07-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #88
dismagiclover

Lovely Star Wars Lady and More Ewoks

We made it to the front of the line and the character we finally got to meet (after about 35 minutes of waiting) was

You’ll notice that only Wendy and I are in the pictures. The boys were being little stinkers and refusing to meet the “girl one” even if she is a mouse.

The plan now was to go over and try to catch the last Jedi Training show with the hope that we would have a good spot for the Hyperspace Hoopla that began shortly thereafter. We headed over, but the area was already pretty packed. The kids couldn’t see anything, so DH decided a ride on Star Tours was a better idea. Star Tours and me don’t always get along and Wendy had no interest so we decided to skip it. We sent the boys off and I scoped out the area for a potential viewing spot for Hyperspace Hoopla. I found a spot on the curb right by the Star Tours fastpass entrance area. The CM’s had to keep the area clear so no people could stand directly in front of us and we were up on the curb. I figured it would be the best we’d get and settled in for the wait. Wendy wasn’t too happy about it, but she sucked it up and settled in too. As we were waiting we saw this little fellow roll by

We watched the Jedi Training, and Wendy actually thought it looked pretty cool. We were planning on trying to get the boys chosen later in the week. Wendy thought it was fun to watch, but didn’t want to try it. Pretty soon the boys were back from Star Tours and everyone gave it a They squeezed into our spot and the areas all around filled up, but the area right in front of us stay cleared. We ended up with an OK view, though the kids had trouble seeing. No decent pictures, but if you want to see the show it’s on You Tube. It’s really quite amusing. Anyway, as the action was going on onstage, there were also lots of characters mingling with the crowd. I saw this guy and Michael and I bolted over.

Another Ewok hug. Can you believe it? This Ewok loved Michael’s shirt.

We headed back to our spot and I spotted another character in the crowd. This time I grabbed John.

It’s Jango Fett (I only know this because John told me so.)

We found this cantina guy in the crowd and did a little dancing with him.

And then the Hyperspace Hoopla was over. DH had Michael on his shoulders and they went off into the crowd to retrieve the stroller. Too bad because while they were gone we met this guy.

When Michael saw the picture he didn’t feel too bad because he’d met Wicket (his favorite Ewok) and this isn’t Wicket. Plus, Wendy and John actually were able to get close to an Ewok. An opportunity they never had when Michael was around.

Next Up: Will we make our 7:30 ADR?

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-18-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #89
MJAJmom
DIS Veteran

Love all the SW character pics! Minnie Leia is so pretty is her white dress! I can't believe how many characters were walking around right before the Hoopla. I decided to skip that show, mostly because it was so crowded and I didn't think my boys would be able to see anything. Sounds like you found a great spot by the curb!!!

June 2014 - DL planning in the works!
June 2011 - POFQ, Star Wars Weekends, Universal
April 2010 - CBR pirate room, 3rd time for just mom & 2 boys, Universal
June09 - CBR, Star Wars Weekends, just mom & 2 boys, more character meals - Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2208908
Oct08 - GF, MNSSHP, just mom & 2 boys, lots of character meals - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013585
Apr08 - GF - 1st trip for family
Old 07-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #90
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I have been reading your trip report. It sounds like a great trip so far. I love how brave your little on is. Both my kids are very timid about rides, my daughter, who is 13, is finally coming around. In fact, TOT is her favorite ride. My son, 6, has got a LONG way to go. I have already started telling him that on our next trip, everything that I think he can handle, he is riding. We may have a few tears but I know he will end up liking most things. I am mean like that anyway.

Me DH DD DS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: