Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #61
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awww great update! So glad you littlest put on his glasses and enjoy Philharmagic its one of my favorite attractions at MK!!! It does look like it was a very hot day...it was getting really warm in May when I went so I can't imagine what is was like there for you guys in June!!!!

Awww...glad you got the whole family on Splash!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #62
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Your DD is beautiful and so are you -it was meant as a very big compliment...

Michael is into Ewoks and Pandas?...so am I and he is 4-well you can but a 0 on the end of that for me...

You know I have to agree with Wendy on Splash Mountain...I ride it one time a trip because it is the "first" thrill ride DD would do But I personally think it is a ride with a split personality disorder...I mean you start out with all these really sweet cute animals frolicking and singing...happy, happy, cute, cute and then at the very end you get these creepy birds sending you over the top and boom...down you go!...I find it very disorienting...but generally I think I'm in the minority in that opinion...Every picture shows me eyes squeezed shut, totally tensed up...and yet I like Space Mountain and Big Thunder...go figure...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #63
stace208
DIS Veteran

Another great update with wonderful pictures!
I'm with your DD on IASW...we don't do that ride. We did it in 2006 2 times. On the 2nd run, the ride got stuck. That was it for me!

Seems like some of your gang agreed with my DD about Splash, especially the drop. I hope they all try it again and will maybe like it!

Oh, and that's too bad that she doesn't believe in the tooth fairy anymore. I know it is inevitable but it makes me sad when they lose those little things of childhood. Ben doesn't believe in her either anymore-though he still wants the $$$
Old 07-07-2009, 06:58 AM   #64
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAJmom View Post
Philharmagic is such an amazing show, the effects are cool!! We took that same photopass shot of the castle at the tomorrowland bridge in the late morning. The sun shines right in your eyes and its SO HOT!! We were squinting too!

Can't believe you got everyone on Splash Mountain. It's good to try it! We wanted to, but DS4 was not willing - next time I guess.
I'm glad we got everyone on Splash too. I don't know when that will happen again now that Wendy knows what she's getting into It's funny how my youngest will ride anything, but my older two not so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
We love Philharmagic!! It's such a great show!! Last year, my son did not want to put his glasses on because his brother had teased him and told him things were going to pop out at him, it obviously scared him--poor kid. It wasn't until the end when he finally put them on and loved the show!!! This year it was one of the first things he asked to see again. Great photopass pics!!! Looking forward to more....
I hope DS7 is willing to put them on without a fight next time. I'll guess we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I have to ask, what days in June were you there? We were there June 22-July 1. It'd be funny to see each other in each other's pictures!
We were there June 11-19 so we missed you. I bet it was hot and crowded for you. It seemed like each day we were there became more crowded. It's still Disney though so I didn't mind
Old 07-07-2009, 07:05 AM   #65
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awww great update! So glad you littlest put on his glasses and enjoy Philharmagic its one of my favorite attractions at MK!!! It does look like it was a very hot day...it was getting really warm in May when I went so I can't imagine what is was like there for you guys in June!!!!

Awww...glad you got the whole family on Splash!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!
It was warm, but I actually liked it more than January weather. You always knew what to wear in the morning and we got to spend lots of time at SAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Your DD is beautiful and so are you -it was meant as a very big compliment...

Michael is into Ewoks and Pandas?...so am I and he is 4-well you can but a 0 on the end of that for me...
If Ewoks are your thing you are in for a treat! The next installment contains my favorite moments of the whole trip and they involved an ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Another great update with wonderful pictures!
I'm with your DD on IASW...we don't do that ride. We did it in 2006 2 times. On the 2nd run, the ride got stuck. That was it for me!

Seems like some of your gang agreed with my DD about Splash, especially the drop. I hope they all try it again and will maybe like it!

Oh, and that's too bad that she doesn't believe in the tooth fairy anymore. I know it is inevitable but it makes me sad when they lose those little things of childhood. Ben doesn't believe in her either anymore-though he still wants the $$$
My boys just told me yesterday they wanted to go on Splash next trip Wendy, she's not so sure DD is growing up and it's definitely sad in some ways. But it's also such a pleasure to see her becoming such a kind, helpful and generally good natured young woman. Though she does have her moments, believe me.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #66
dismagiclover

Hugging an Ewok

We arrived back at the resort still needing to eat lunch so we decided to try out the Beach Club Marketplace. We ordered some sandwiches to share and ate them at the little outdoor eating area outside the Marketplace. It was relaxing and peaceful. A nice break from the craziness of the morning. Everyone was itching to go swimming, but since time was short (we wanted to make it over to Star Wars Weekend), I suggested the Quiet Pool. (It was also right by our room.) This idea was vetoed by all. DH pointed out one of the main reasons weíd chosen Beach Club was to try out Storm Along Bay. So we changed into our suits and headed over to SAB. Oh My! I donít have pictures because we didnít want to worry about the camera getting wet or stolen, but trust me. This place is amazing!!!! Itís more like a water park than a pool. Almost the whole thing is sand bottom and there are waterfalls and currents throughout. There were lots of people there, but itís so huge that we never felt crowded. DH was looking to go down the waterslide and it wasnít too hard to talk our daredevil Michael into it. They headed off and we waited at the bottom. A few minutes later DH came flying down and proclaimed it fabulous. (Itís something like 200 feet long.) I said, ďWhereís Michael?Ē He reassured me heís coming, but I imagined my poor 4 year old up at the top in terror refusing to come down. Of course I was wrong. Michael came roaring down with a huge grin, told me how awesome it was and jumped out begging to go again. I looked at the other two kids and said, ďCome on. You arenít going to let your 4 year old brother show you up are you?Ē John assured me that he was and there was no way he was going down the thing. Wendy reluctantly agreed to give it a try. Itís my turn to try it out so off we headed Michael wanted to go first this time and Wendy was a bit nervous so I told her she could go after me so Iíll be at the bottom. Michael headed down with a huge grin. I was up next. Off I went and this was no wussy slide. I was amazed that Michael loved it so much! That kid has no fear. DH, John and Michael were all waiting at the bottom. Then here came Wendy. She loved it too! Again, again!!! DH took them again and John and I went to play in a different part of the pool. Even though John didnít do the waterslide he loved the pool too. It really is a great place and we visited nearly every afternoon. (The one afternoon we didnít I got an earful. Believe me!)
Anyway, time was ticking away and Star Wars was calling so we went back to the room, did a quick change and then headed to the boat stop to catch a ride to Hollywood Studios. That boat was not my favorite means of transportation. It was hot and the motor was loud. It served its purpose, however and soon we heard the Star Wars theme song and saw this.

We had finally arrived and we were on a mission. Michaelís shirt reveals what it was:

If you canít read it, it says: ďI want to hug an Ewok.Ē

We entered the park and only one thing could distract us from our mission. What was it? A photopass photographer, of course!

After taking care of that we headed over to the Star Wars good guys section on the hunt for one of those little warriors. We spotted one almost immediately. The line was long, but nothing would deter us from our mission. The little guy was accompanied by the tallest Wookie I have ever seen! (Not that Iíd ever seen one before.) But this wookie was tall. Iím talking NBA center tall. He was well over 7 feet!! Unfortunately, the wookie and ewok needed a brief rest break and when they returned the wookie had shrunk by about a foot. Maybe he drank a bottle of something from Wonderland. Thus, by the time we got pictures of Chewie, he isnít quite as impressive, though heís still much taller than all of us. As the boys and I waited in line, DH and Wendy did a tour of the park to scope out the location of all things Star Wars. They returned with their report and it was finally our turn. Since this may have been my favorite moment of the trip I will let the pictures tell the story.

That was one of those moments when it is great to be a parent!

Next up: Did any of the rest of us ever get to hug an Ewok? And how did our favorite wookie feel about the Ewok Lovefest?

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-18-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #67
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Oh my, those Ewok pictures are absolutely precious. What a great mom moment to know that you helped to grant your little boy's hearts desire.

It looks like you had a great MK day. I'm glad you got Michael to wear his 3D glasses at Mickey's Philharmagic. I think its Disney technology at its best.

We missed SWW by one day and I know the kids would have loved it. I can't wait to read about the other activities.

Oh SAB, how we miss thee. Yea for Michael going down the pirate ship slide!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #68
stace208
DIS Veteran

Those pictures are wonderful! Such joy! Too funny about the Wookie shrinking!

I hear ya on the boat between BC and DHS. We walked one time but it was a bit too far so we just dealt with the boat.

My DS missed that slide at SAB. It was fast! Glad you guys like it so much!!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #69
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

So much for me to catch up on here!!

Wow, you guys got to MK EARLY that morning, that's great. Love the empty Main Street! Your PhotoPass comments...

So funny that we both had kiddos lose teeth that week in WDW.

Looks like you had a wonderful breakfast at CP!

Awww, Peter Pan is SO THERE (not wanting to miss Dumbo)!!!

Gotta love the spinning teacup pix! So fun!

I'm with Wendy on small world....I've had enough for awhile, maybe longer. Must do it for the little ones..It's a ONCE per trip ride though.

My boys are iffy on Philharmagic and wearing the glasses too, even my oldest who rides ALL the thrill rides now gets bothered by it!

Love the Ewok shirt! And the Ewok hug is the best!!

GREAT report Jenny!!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #70
MJAJmom
DIS Veteran

The close up of your son's face hugging Ewok is beautiful - like a professional moment caught on film. Love those!! His shorts are too cute - where did you get the Star Wars short he wore?

We just loved SWW - what little boy wouldn't??

June 2014 - DL planning in the works!
June 2011 - POFQ, Star Wars Weekends, Universal
April 2010 - CBR pirate room, 3rd time for just mom & 2 boys, Universal
June09 - CBR, Star Wars Weekends, just mom & 2 boys, more character meals - Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2208908
Oct08 - GF, MNSSHP, just mom & 2 boys, lots of character meals - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013585
Apr08 - GF - 1st trip for family
Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #71
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Those pictures are soooo adorable. Your son looks so happy!!!

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time at SAB.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #72
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

The pictures of your son with Ewok are so precious. You can literaly see the joy in his face. Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #73
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
We were there June 11-19 so we missed you. I bet it was hot and crowded for you. It seemed like each day we were there became more crowded. It's still Disney though so I didn't mind
Aw darn it! Just missed us by a few days! It was hot, but it wasn't that crowded!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #74
Disneyvirg
Mouseketeer

What a great TR so far!

You guys really packed a ton of stuff into the first two days - so far!

Sounds like you had a wonderful resort and location. Being 7 minutes from the World Showcase must have been so convenient. How did you like the bus travels elsewhere?

I love all the pictures - and your family is beautiful.

Can't wait for the next installment.

Ps - thanks for recruiting me to read your TR - I'm so glad you did!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #75
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

I'm joining in - love the pic of DS and the ewok!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: