Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #556
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Yay!! Congratulations!!!

That's such great news!!!--and you were able to get in at the Boardwalk Villas, that's wonderful!! I know from your TR how much you love the Epcot resorts.

I'll be looking for your TR in January....can't wait!!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #557
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Jennie,

Congrats! That's awesome news...

Maybe someday we can be DVC neighbors...

(We're seriously considering it too...)

So happy for you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #558
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Thanks to all of you for the congratulations! I knew you would understand! You're the best DIS friends ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Jenny! What fantastic news!

My husband and I often regret not buying into Disney Vacation Club waaaay back when we first started visiting Disney. You know, back in the day when we didn't have a child in private school, a child in college, three automobile insurance policies, etc. etc. etc.

Congratulations!
You never run out of things to pay for do ya We started out small because we don't want to get in over our heads with maintainence fees in the days that we're paying college tuition for 3 kids so I totally hear ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Congratulations Jenny! Matt and I so want to do it to, but it's not the right time. Hopefully that day will come. It's so cool to know two new owners though (you and Scrappie). I can't wait to hear about it. Congrats again!
Hopefully that time will come for you, but you don't have to be DVC to keep going back. I wouldn't rush it before you are ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay!! Congratulations!!!

That's such great news!!!--and you were able to get in at the Boardwalk Villas, that's wonderful!! I know from your TR how much you love the Epcot resorts.

I'll be looking for your TR in January....can't wait!!!!
We were excited to find a small contract at the Boardwalk. It's perfect to start out! think it will all work out great for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Jennie,

Congrats! That's awesome news...

Maybe someday we can be DVC neighbors...

(We're seriously considering it too...)

So happy for you!
I'd love to be your DVC neighbors. If you're seriously considering make sure to check out resale. It will save you a pretty penny (which is always a nice thing.)
Old 09-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #559
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

WOW and Double WOW!!! What awesome news! I thought I understood that DVC owners can use any of the pools. True? If so, you'll be so, so close to our beloved SAB!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #560
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

That is awesome news! Congratulations!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 09-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #561
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
WOW and Double WOW!!! What awesome news! I thought I understood that DVC owners can use any of the pools. True? If so, you'll be so, so close to our beloved SAB!
It's true that DVC owners can pool hop. But there are a few pools that aren't included in the privilege and SAB is one of them. Too bad, but I'm sure it would just get super crowded. All DVC members would be there! Hopefully we'll get the chance to stay at Beach Club villas and then we can return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
That is awesome news! Congratulations!
Thanks! We're very excitied.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:56 AM   #562
kshattuck
DIS Veteran

Hooray!

Congratulations! Think of all that Disney fun to be had

Old 09-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #563
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Congrats again!! I can't wait to get the phone call from you about passing rofr!
Old 09-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #564
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshattuck View Post
Congratulations! Think of all that Disney fun to be had
Thanks! I can guarantee lots of fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Congrats again!! I can't wait to get the phone call from you about passing rofr!
I can't wait to make that call! I'm trying to be patient though. They said it's taking the full 30 days so I'm not going to start worrying about it until mid October. (At least that is what I keep telling myself)
Old 10-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #565
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Day 4, Part III
Well if you’ve been following along at all, and you knew something was “right up my alley” you had to know it involved photos right? That’s right. I dragged everyone to a resort Photo Shoot. I debated over whether to do the shoot at the Beach Club or the Polynesian. I saw some great shots at the Polynesian that have the castle in the background and I was very tempted. The convenience of the Beach Club and the idea that the setting would remind us of our whole trip won out. Beach Club it was! Because I prepurchased the CD the price for the shoot including the CD and a photo package of 6 5x7’s was $70. For a photo nut like me it was worth it. The sun was pretty bright (our session was at 10:30 am) and there are some squinting problems, but here is what we got.
(Prepare yourself. There are tons!)

I think we got some really great photos. Normally they do some shots on the lawn with the Beach Club in the background, but I asked the photographer to focus on the beach so that is what he did.

After the shoot, the photographer said to “take a leisurely walk back to the lobby and your pictures will be ready shortly.” We took a “leisurely walk” and then we sat in the lobby and waited. And waited. And DH took the boys back to the room. And Wendy and I waited. And Wendy went back to the room. And I waited. Finally the guy showed up and I asked if the pictures were ready. “Should be,” he said. They were. I looked at them and picked out the ones I wanted for my photo package, he copied the CD and I was finally headed back to the room. By this time it was around lunchtime. No one was super hungry because of our breakfast. Where should we eat?
Your family is adorable!! Thanks for sharing your photos.
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: