Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 07:33 AM   #31
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 07-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #32
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

The CD has arrived. I'm downloading and trying to organize the pictures now. There are over 700 so it might take me a little while Hopefully I'll be able to get an update up either tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-04-2009 at 08:54 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #33
dismagiclover

An Empty Main Street

The alarm went off bright and early. Michael woke up singing the Star Wars theme song. Do you think he was a bit excited for the day? Before we headed over to Star Wars Weekend we had a morning of Magic Kingdom. We were at the bus stop by 7:15 and a Magic Kingdom bus pulled up almost immediately. We hopped on board.

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom a little after 7:30. This was earlier than planned, but I love early mornings. It wasn’t hot yet and we found a bench and plopped ourselves down where we could listen to the music and watch all the other early birds lining up. Most people were in line for the character breakfast entrance, but there were a few at the turnstiles waiting for the 9:00 open. Our Crystal Palace ADR was for 8:25, so we were a bit early ourselves, but I figured that would give us more time on a relatively empty Main Street. Once the line for breakfast ADRs started moving we hopped in and before we knew it we were walking down Main Street. (For anyone that cares, they didn’t check our names or reservation number.) I think Main Street USA may be one of my favorite places in the world. I shed a tear or two and breathed in that beautiful air. I was finally here!!! And lo and behold what do we see but a Photopass photographer just waiting to capture the moment. I pre ordered the CD and I took advantage of it on this trip. (My family will tell you I abused it!)

There was no hurry as we strolled up the street

Oh and look there, it was another Photopass guy.

Oh my goodness, there was another Photopass guy all by his lonesome! I will have none of that. However, the boys would have none of any more photopass pictures so these are of us girls.

The boys checked out the ducks in the moat.

I figured I might as well check in for breakfast even though it was about 20 minutes before our ADR. Thinking we had some time I took the kids over towards the castle for more pictures.

I only took one photo before I saw DH and a CM waving their arms at us and we ran over. We were seated by 8:07. I guess it was worth it to come early!
Next Up: Breakfast with Pooh and friends.

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-17-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #34
stace208
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! I am loving your TR so far!! Can't wait to read more.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #35
MJAJmom
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures walking down Main Street. It's so nice to have an early ADR before the park opens. Great tinkerbell shots. My boys would love your son's red pirate ears with the hanging sash!

June 2014 - DL planning in the works!
June 2011 - POFQ, Star Wars Weekends, Universal
April 2010 - CBR pirate room, 3rd time for just mom & 2 boys, Universal
June09 - CBR, Star Wars Weekends, just mom & 2 boys, more character meals - Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2208908
Oct08 - GF, MNSSHP, just mom & 2 boys, lots of character meals - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013585
Apr08 - GF - 1st trip for family
Old 07-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #36
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm subbing in!! I love the report so far and can't wait to hear more!! You have a very cute family!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #37
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, your kids are so adorable!! Your photopass pictures are great and I loved the main street pictures of your son and daughter holding hands!!
Just curious? How did you like shades of green? We stayed there last Sept. on our first to the world. I was impressed with the room size, cleanliness, the lobby, but must admit it didn't seem to have quite as much of a disney feel when it came to the employees. (except for the bus drivers, they were fantastic!)

Looking forward to more!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #38
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I just caught up again. I'm sorry I was behind but I do have an excuse....I've been working on my own trip report. Come over for a read when you get a minute.

I absolutely love all of the cute pictures! Your kids are sooo cute.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #39
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
I'm joining in! I am loving your TR so far!! Can't wait to read more.
I love new readers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAJmom View Post
I love the pictures walking down Main Street. It's so nice to have an early ADR before the park opens. Great tinkerbell shots. My boys would love your son's red pirate ears with the hanging sash!
Those pictures walking down Main Street turned out cute. I have to confess I set the holding hands thing up. The pirate ears are from last trip. He didn't wear them much this trip because the elastic broke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm subbing in!! I love the report so far and can't wait to hear more!! You have a very cute family!
More coming up soon!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #40
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Oh my goodness, your kids are so adorable!! Your photopass pictures are great and I loved the main street pictures of your son and daughter holding hands!!
Just curious? How did you like shades of green? We stayed there last Sept. on our first to the world. I was impressed with the room size, cleanliness, the lobby, but must admit it didn't seem to have quite as much of a disney feel when it came to the employees. (except for the bus drivers, they were fantastic!)

Looking forward to more!!
I actually set the holding hands thing up, but it is super cute. We really liked Shades of Green. The rooms were really big and I loved the location. It was only a 10 minute walk to the Polynesian monorail You're right about the employees. They were perfectly adequate, but we didn't feel like we were at Disney when we were at the hotel. We'd consider staying there again sometime. I'd definitely prefer it to a value for the room size alone. Though it is going to be hard for us to stay anywhere beside the Beach Club. The location was fabulous and that pool can't be beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I just caught up again. I'm sorry I was behind but I do have an excuse....I've been working on my own trip report. Come over for a read when you get a minute.

I absolutely love all of the cute pictures! Your kids are sooo cute.
Thanks for the compliment. I do love pictures Lots more to come
Old 07-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #41
dismagiclover

A Crystal Palace Breakfast

We were soon seated in a half empty Crystal Palace, though it was full by the time we left the restaurant. Almost immediately Piglet stopped by for a visit.

Then the boys went up for their food. Tigger was quickly approaching so I called them back. That is my one complaint about the character buffets. It is always a bit chaotic helping the kids with the food and making sure they don’t miss the characters. I prefer the character meals that are served family style (like the Garden Grill) for that reason. Anyway, the boys made it back for Tigger.

Tigger and Michael did a bit of bouncing together which was fun.
Us girls went up for our food. The food was pretty typical breakfast fare. It was fine, but I actually like the food at both Tusker House and Cape May breakfasts better. They seem to have more variety and nothing beats that Tusker House juice. (We went there last trip).
Wendy and I were back at the table in time for Pooh’s appearance.

After Pooh’s visit we had a minor snafu. Wendy lost a tooth! This of course involved some blood and Eeyore was on his way. DH took Wendy to the bathroom and expressed a bit of displeasure about my concern about missing Eeyore. He was probably right. Sometimes I may get a little too caught up in the Disney Magic and forget that real problems (like a bloody tooth) should take precedent. Anyway, while they were taking care of that Eeyore showed up.

And then it was time for the character parade so the boys marched with Eeyore around the restaurant. During the parade DH and Wendy returned and luckily Eeyore stopped by again for a brief visit with Wendy.

Our tummies were full and all the characters had been by and it was only 8:57 This was much better than my planned scenario. Remember we weren’t even supposed to be seated until 8:25 so my ride plans for the day didn’t start until 9:30. We saw the first rope droppers walking down Main Street. We could join them and be right at the front of the pack! It looked like we could possibly even get on Dumbo with a minimal wait! Dumbo wasn’t on the schedule until our next Magic Kingdom morning. But as any good DISer knows the sooner you can check Dumbo off the list, the better! At this moment, however, our waiter appeared to be in a deep, lengthy conversation with our neighboring table that was showing no sign of abating. Would we get our check? Would we make it on Dumbo?

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-17-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #42
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Fantastic character photos!! Wow, losing a tooth at disney!! It would be fun to put it under your pillow there!!

I loved the walk from SOG to the poly, but our first one was at night and I remember how shocked I was when I saw the "Beware of Alligator" signs! Although we never saw one.

Looking forward to more!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #43
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Awesome photopass pictures Jenny! In three trips, they have never offered for us to do the Tinkerbelle picture. I wonder if it's because I have all boys?

I agree about the character meals with buffets and how stressful it can making sure they don't miss the characters. Have you guys tried 'Ohana's for breakfast yet? I bet you'd like it.

How cool to lose a tooth at Disney World!!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 07-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #44
MJAJmom
DIS Veteran

Wow, losing a tooth at disney, how fun. We love CP, the characters circulate so quickly there. Not sure why they can't do that at other places, too. Sounds like the timing of your breakfast worked out great to make rope drop.

June 2014 - DL planning in the works!
June 2011 - POFQ, Star Wars Weekends, Universal
April 2010 - CBR pirate room, 3rd time for just mom & 2 boys, Universal
June09 - CBR, Star Wars Weekends, just mom & 2 boys, more character meals - Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2208908
Oct08 - GF, MNSSHP, just mom & 2 boys, lots of character meals - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013585
Apr08 - GF - 1st trip for family
Old 07-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #45
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying reading your trip report!! You photopass pictures are great!!! I love the character pictures at CP and losing a tooth at Disney--how cool!! It's so funny because last year on our breakfast at CP, my son wasn't eating very well and he loves breakfast!! I thought he was just distracted by the characters but it turns out he had his very first loose tooth and it felt funny to him every time he would bite into something. So there must be something about CP?? Looking forward to more.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: