Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2009, 06:40 AM   #16
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I'm here Jenny! Thanks so much for letting me know you had started a TR - what a great surprise!

I'm off to get caught up.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 06-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #17
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Yay Jenny!!! I'm here and looking forward to this! :
Hey girl! How was your trip??

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 AM   #18
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Garden Grill Dinner

We were on our way to our first character meal of the trip at the Garden Grill. This meal was a request of all 3 kids and DH. We ate here last trip and they all loved it! However, on our last trip the restaurant wasn’t rotating so we were all hopeful that it would be this time. After a stroll thru the UK and Canada we made it to the Land in no time. I don’t think I can express enough times how much we loved, loved, loved the location of the Beach Club.
We checked in and had a brief wait in which we heard the hostess turning away person after person that didn’t have reservations. Thank you DIS Even my DH appreciates my obsessive planning when we are actually in Disney World. He just asks that I don’t share it with him when we are not. The kids were expressing extreme disappointment that the restaurant wasn’t rotating. I said I was pretty sure it was, but they insisted they couldn’t see it move. I think they thought it was going to move as fast as a merry go round or something. Can you imagine? That would make for some queasy eating Anyway, we were seated shortly and the kids were happy that the rotation was working, albeit too slowly for their tastes. Our waiter came and took our drink orders. I ordered “ice water” and before I know it he is back with Evian. Too fancy for my blood, but he reassures me it is included in the dining plan. I’m a bit suspicious that he’s just trying to jack up the bill a bit so he gets a bigger tip. But, let’s just believe he was being nice Our food arrived promptly and it was all quite tasty. The rolls came first and were devoured immediately. I really enjoyed the salad and vegetables. They were really fresh, grown right there in the Land. The tomatoes were delish, and I’m the only one who likes them so I ate them all The turkey and breaded fish were quite good, but neither DH nor I liked the flank steak. The stuffing was stuffing. We ate it all so we must have liked it. The kids liked their plate as well. You’d think they would get tired of eating Chicken nuggets everywhere they go, but they don’t. As we ate the characters came by. (Sorry about the picture quality. Not the best camera)

It was our first time meeting them this trip and we were all happy to see our old friends again. Michael especially was happy to see his best pal Pluto.

After the friendly visits, our dessert arrived and it too was very tasty. The kids were a bit disappointed because on our previous visit they had make your own cupcakes and this time they had worms n dirt. John was a bit concerned because he didn’t want to eat worms Wendy explained what it actually is and everyone was happy.

With our tummies satisfied, we headed downstairs to use those Soarin fastpasses we’d picked up that morning. (For anyone reading this not in the know, fastpasses are good anytime after the printed time, not just during that hour.) We were lucky enough to get 1st row and it was on this ride I really felt like our vacation began! That ride just makes me smile! It is so exhilarating, yet so relaxing at the same time. I even kept my eyes open and spotted the hidden Mickey on the golf ball! John kept his ears plugged the entire ride and the cast member came up to him at the end of the ride and told him all the loud noises were over. They must get a bit of a kick out of watching everyone’s reactions on the ride.

We were all feeling a bit tired (remember we’d been up since 4:30), but Wendy requested a ride on Living with the Land, and there was no reason not to, so we hopped on. It was fun going through it so soon after we’d seen much of the ride rotate by us in the Garden Grill. We even saw Pluto up in the restaurant while we were on the ride! We waved and said hi, but I don’t think he heard us John loved the greenhouse and when the narrator said they had special tours he decided he wanted to do that. Not this trip, but maybe sometime.

After our agricultural tour we decided to head back and catch some ZZZZZ’s. We had an early breakfast at Crystal Palace and an afternoon/evening at Star Wars Weekend planned for tomorrow. We had a quick walk back to our room, and everyone was soon asleep dreaming Disney Dreams.

Next up: Early entry to the Magic Kingdom

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-17-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 AM   #19
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Wow! I can't believe how much you guys got in on your first day there! I guess that's what happens when you arrive before 9! Awesome!

Your pictures at the start are so lovely - what a beautiful family.

Our encounter with Beverly is coming next on my TR, but I will say that I had a similar response to your husband.

I love your little one's response to Cinderella.

Sounds like your room location was awesome!

Ahhhh - I remember well putting together those light sabers!

Old 06-25-2009, 07:40 AM   #20
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

You snuck another update in on me as I was replying!

Quote:
Even my DH appreciates my obsessive planning when we are actually in Disney World. He just asks that I don’t share it with him when we are not.

Great pictures with the characters. I think we're going to try Garden Grill on our next trip (whenver that will be ).

Old 06-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #21
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Sounds like you had a great room location.

We bought that Jedi Mickey for #4 last June.

Cute shirt! And it smells like chocolate?!?

lol yeah a fast spinning Garden Grill would not be a good thing! I've read about people who think it spins too fast as it is.

So they didn't get to assemble the worms and dirt? They just came out ready to eat? My kids would miss that part.

You really did pack a ton into your first day!! I'm pooped just reading about it! I bet you had a great Disney sleep that night.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #22
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Wow! I can't believe how much you guys got in on your first day there! I guess that's what happens when you arrive before 9! Awesome!

Your pictures at the start are so lovely - what a beautiful family.

Our encounter with Beverly is coming next on my TR, but I will say that I had a similar response to your husband.

I love your little one's response to Cinderella.

Sounds like your room location was awesome!

Ahhhh - I remember well putting together those light sabers!
Thanks for the compliments. I think my kids are beautiful too. Kind of like movie star versions of DH and I Can't wait to hear about your Beverly experience. DH did have a bit of trouble with the lightsabers, but by the time I arrived for backup things were under control

Quote:
Sounds like you had a great room location.

We bought that Jedi Mickey for #4 last June.

Cute shirt! And it smells like chocolate?!?

lol yeah a fast spinning Garden Grill would not be a good thing! I've read about people who think it spins too fast as it is.

So they didn't get to assemble the worms and dirt? They just came out ready to eat? My kids would miss that part.

You really did pack a ton into your first day!! I'm pooped just reading about it! I bet you had a great Disney sleep that night.
The nightshirt smelled like chocolate until I washed it They brought the worms and dirt already assembled. The kids really missed the decorate your own cupcake thing. We do pack lots into our days. DH doesn't really know how to relax and I never get tired at Disney (except maybe when I run half marathons)
Old 06-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #23
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
The nightshirt smelled like chocolate until I washed it
Ah, bummer. I wondered about that. Maybe sprinkle a little cocoa powder in the load next time you wash it.

Quote:
We do pack lots into our days. DH doesn't really know how to relax and I never get tired at Disney (except maybe when I run half marathons)
Yeah I guess we'll see about that, huh?! Are you still planning to nap that day? After I read that thread I sent you, I think I might want to keep moving... Not sure yet though.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #24
MJAJmom
DIS Veteran

We loved Garden Grill too! I thought the character interaction was wonderful!! Looking forward to your DHS day.

June 2014 - DL planning in the works!
June 2011 - POFQ, Star Wars Weekends, Universal
April 2010 - CBR pirate room, 3rd time for just mom & 2 boys, Universal
June09 - CBR, Star Wars Weekends, just mom & 2 boys, more character meals - Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2208908
Oct08 - GF, MNSSHP, just mom & 2 boys, lots of character meals - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013585
Apr08 - GF - 1st trip for family
Old 06-26-2009, 06:37 AM   #25
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAJmom View Post
We loved Garden Grill too! I thought the character interaction was wonderful!! Looking forward to your DHS day.
The characters are fun there and I love being served family style. Trying to get food from the buffet for the kids and not missing the characters can end up very stressful.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #26
dismagiclover

We interrupt this trip report for a not so important message

My next installment is ready for publication, but it's lacking a vital element. The photopass pictures So, this trip report will go on a brief hiatus until that pesky CD arrives. Try not to go too far away because I will be back. I just hope it is before I get pushed all the way to page 6 or even worse to Trip Report Oblivion (is that spelled right?)
Old 06-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #27
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

We'll be waiting!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #28
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My next installment is ready for publication, but it's lacking a vital element. The photopass pictures So, this trip report will go on a brief hiatus until that pesky CD arrives. Try not to go too far away because I will be back. I just hope it is before I get pushed all the way to page 6 or even worse to Trip Report Oblivion (is that spelled right?)
We'll just have to keep bumping!

Old 06-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #29
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

just found your report and have been throughly enjoying it!!!
Awesome first day--
my family also enjoys Garden Grille
Old 06-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #30
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
We'll just have to keep bumping!
Quote:
We'll be waiting!
Thanks guys! You're such loyal readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
just found your report and have been throughly enjoying it!!!
Awesome first day--
my family also enjoys Garden Grille
Just today John told me he has to go back to Garden Grill next time. It's definitely a family favorite

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: