Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #151
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

I've done split mornings. My dad has taken DS to Crystal Palace for breakfast with Pooh and friends and then some of his favorite rides while my mom, DD and I have breakfast at CRT.

Hmmmm ... I can take a guess where dinner was?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #152
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize that they had a Photopass photographer in front of Train Station as you walk in. We are always in such a hurry to get inside. I guess I need to pay more attention!!

Love the pics w/Tinkerbell!!! You both look so surprised!! Very cute!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #153
stace208
DIS Veteran

I love the photos of Wendy with Prince Caspian...very smitten I love the books and movies but neither of my kids has shown much interest yet. Perhaps in years to come.

I love the fact that you guys did a split night. We did a little of that this trip for a morning but I can see how we might do some more in the future.

I think dinner is at CRT!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #154
vassar36
Mouseketeer

Hi
Just found your TR this morining, and I LOVE it
so glad you took the time to write this....can't wait for more

BLT March 2014
AKL/VWL June 2013 BWV/VWL Nov 2012 AKV March 2012 BCV June 2011
POFQ-March 2010 , VWL -March 2009 POP- April 2008 WL - July 2007 POP- May 2006 Contempary-1970-1980's FW- in the 1980's
Old 07-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #155
Disneyvirg
Mouseketeer

Caught up again! I loved the last two segments.

So funny that you were both so smitten with Prince Caspian. I really love that you had no idea you DH was speaking to you!

The split evening idea is great. We may borrow that idea!
Old 07-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #156
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfranklyn View Post
I never thought to do a "split evening"... hmmm, I'll have to save that idea for next trip
Split evenings work great for us. DH gets a little park break and Wendy and I get to stay up later than the boys would make it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
I've done split mornings. My dad has taken DS to Crystal Palace for breakfast with Pooh and friends and then some of his favorite rides while my mom, DD and I have breakfast at CRT.

Hmmmm ... I can take a guess where dinner was?
My last trip we did a split morning one day. I took my youngest to an early Crystal Palace breakfast while the others slept a bit later. It was so fun to be on an empty Main St. with a 3 year old. All he wanted to do was jump the rail tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
I didn't realize that they had a Photopass photographer in front of Train Station as you walk in. We are always in such a hurry to get inside. I guess I need to pay more attention!!

Love the pics w/Tinkerbell!!! You both look so surprised!! Very cute!!
I don't know how often the Photopass guy is in front on the Train Station. We'd never seen one there before either. And yes my DD and I are quite the thespians

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
I love the photos of Wendy with Prince Caspian...very smitten I love the books and movies but neither of my kids has shown much interest yet. Perhaps in years to come.

I love the fact that you guys did a split night. We did a little of that this trip for a morning but I can see how we might do some more in the future.

I think dinner is at CRT!
My DD just got into Narnia this past year, but Prince Caspian is now one of her favorites Love split nights. We did some on a previous trip as well and it so much fun to be in the park with just one of the kids. The kids are great ages for it and they still think I'm a fun, cool mom (especially at Disney)
CRT is a great dinner guess, but we did it on our last trip (on a split night). It was fun, but because it's so pricey it's not an every trip thing. The answer will be up shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassar36 View Post
Hi
Just found your TR this morining, and I LOVE it
so glad you took the time to write this....can't wait for more
Thanks for the compliments! It's been lots of fun to write so I'm glad there are a few people who like reading it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
Caught up again! I loved the last two segments.

So funny that you were both so smitten with Prince Caspian. I really love that you had no idea you DH was speaking to you!

The split evening idea is great. We may borrow that idea!
Poor DH. His poor wife ignores him when a handsome prince is around. I think sometimes even he wonders why he likes me so much
Old 07-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #157
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

You know there were several times this past trip that I thought about how much fun it would be to take one of my kids at a time to WDW. Splitting up for a little bit might be a good compromise. A dinner ADR in the Magic Kingdom, hmm...Tony's?

I love the picture of John on the porch! Poor little tuckered out man.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #158
dismagiclover

A Tasty Dinner and Lovely Princesses

And for dinner we went to (drum roll please) . . .

The Plaza. I bet none of you guessed that! This was a 1st time visit for us.
After checking in we waited at a table outside the restaurant.

It looked like rain (as you could probably tell from the skies in the castle pictures on the previous post.) The wind really started to pick up and the balloon man was having a tough time of it.

I was hopeful the rain would come while we were eating dinner and be all done by the time we were. That didn’t happen. Instead it never actually rained
We were called into dinner. This is a quaint little restaurant. The décor was perfect for Main Street. It felt like we were in an early 20th century dining room and the windows let in tons of light. The view from my table was the castle. What could be more perfect? I had the cheese steak and it was yummy and fresh. In fact, the only place I’ve had better cheese steaks is Philly. (And no cheese steak is ever going to beat that.) Wendy ordered the turkey sandwich and it came like this.

These are my only food pictures of the trip. I just couldn’t resist because it was so cute and I’d never seen this on the boards. Cutting into the Mickey shape removes the crust and creates a perfect kid sandwich. Genius. Here are a few more shots.

For dessert Wendy had the Mickeylodeon (choc ice cream with a cone and cookies for Mickey ears.) What kid wouldn’t like that? I splurged and had a banana split. Of course I couldn’t eat it all, but it was one of those things I’d been craving for a while and it was delish. Wendy and I both give the Plaza an enthusiastic thumbs up. I think I’ve discovered my favorite restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. The food was simple, but fresh. The decor was light and airy. Very laid back vibe and a view of the castle. We are definitely bringing the boys back next time.

After dinner I asked Wendy what she wanted to do next. I was a tad bit surprised when she said she wanted to meet the princesses. Of course I was hoping I’d get to see them this trip, but as Wendy prepares to leave the nursery, the princesses are one of the things she has left behind. Sad, but I guess that is part of growing up. At Disney though no one has to grow up, so I was happy she wanted to visit them again. We walked through Tomorrowland so we could walk to Toontown via the “secret path.” Although I guess it isn’t so secret because it’s actually on the map (unlike the Noodle Station cut thru). I’d never been this way before and it was pretty empty back in this part of Tomorrowland because Space Mountain is closed. After a short walk by the stinky and loud motor cars (not a fan of the Speedway) we arrived by the Toontown train station. (I’ve yet to ride that train.)
After making sure there were no characters in the “secret” character place I’d read about on the DIS (the teardrop) we headed into see the princesses. The line for the fairies read 60 minutes (no surprise) while the Princess line was only 20. Good choice Wendy. Here she is waiting.

After our relatively short wait we entered the Royal Room. Here are the pictures:

Wendy had a nice chat with Belle. They always seem to have a lot to talk about it. They have quite a bit in common. They both to love read and some other stuff too Every time we’ve met Belle she has proclaimed Wendy her twin. Cute.

After our brush with royalty we walked by the Fairy line again. The CM stopped us and asked if we’d met them yet. When we said no, he really encouraged us to go (I think it was because of our shirts). The line was still 60 minutes long but he said it was so worth it. I gave Wendy the choice, explaining if we did it we would miss Spectromagic, but would still make Wishes. What did she decide?

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-18-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #159
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
You know there were several times this past trip that I thought about how much fun it would be to take one of my kids at a time to WDW. Splitting up for a little bit might be a good compromise. A dinner ADR in the Magic Kingdom, hmm...Tony's?

I love the picture of John on the porch! Poor little tuckered out man.
Taking a kid alone for just a night really is fun. The kids just love their Mommy time and the logistics of it all is so much easier. I highly recommend it! Tony's is a good guess, but well . . . the answer was revealed above. (We were posting at the same time)

John was tired out. Overall it's pretty amazing the kids go as long as they do in Disney World with so few meltdowns. I guess sometimes you just have to crash
Old 07-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #160
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Cute Princess photos. I love those photopass borders. Hmmm..I really hope she wanted to meet the fairies. They're definitely worth the wait, but missing Spectro? Looking forward to hearing which she picked!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #161
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

the Plaza sounds great -we haven't been there yet!!
Great princess pictures--I have heard several good reports about Belle's fun interaction with people--glad you guys had a great experience with her
Old 07-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #162
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

The poor balloon guy. It looks like he was having quite a hard time. Glad to hear that despite the dark clouds that the rain held off for you.

We've never been to the Plaza. But will definitely have to check it out. Your daughter's sandwich was too cute!!

Now, I'm curious what she decided to do. Spectro or seeing the Fairies?....Can't wait to find out.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #163
stace208
DIS Veteran

Great princess photos!! That line used to be so long but now, thanks to the fairies, it's manageable!

I never even thought much about Plaza until we were waiting for Spectro one night and I was just wandering. Looks like something I need to check out more for next trip!!

Spectro or fairies?? Oh, the decisions! I know I would pick Spectro, my dd said she couldn't pick just one-she'd have to do both. It can go either way....
Old 07-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #164
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Oh I love the Plaza! Wendy's dinner looked so healthy

Cute pics with the princesses. Can't wait to see if Wendy decides to see the fairies or not.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #165
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

OK, I didn't guess the Plaza, but I enjoy their food! Next time, I'll have to urge DD to get the sandwhich it's too cute!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: