Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #136
Mombits
Mouseketeer

We celebrate the anniversary of our first date too!!! We call it our dativersary. We just celebrated our 20th dativersary in May by going to get a couples massage and pedicure. Loving your TR so far, can't wait to read more.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2459373

Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 PM   #137
Mombits
Mouseketeer

I just read your first MK day. I love the pics, but had to laugh at the expression on your DS4's face! Priceless. The tink pics are great and I hope my DD gets one as good as she is a huge tink fan!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2459373

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #138
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...is there another counter service place at DHS than Toy Story Pizza Planet??? I wouldn't know, since that's the only place my boys ever want to eat. I must admit they do give pretty good size portions and the food is not bad but a change would be nice!! (maybe I can convince them in August)

Okay... that is one scary creature!! What is going on with his hands... very strange!!!

Love the SW pictures that put you guys in the movies. Wow!! They are so cool.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #139
stace208
DIS Veteran

I'm going to try to remember everything I wanted to say...
Green guy=Kit Fisto. I found out by asking my ds who it was...then he asked "where are these pictures from??" Now he knows about SWW and my fingers are double crossed that they have them later in June again!

All of your parade photos are fantastic! In fact, everything about SWW looks wonderful.

Uh, we HAVE that R2D2 right here at home. Went through a whole mess of trouble to find it and surprise DS with it on this trip (he's wanted it since he was 5). It's actually really neat and quite cute!

Can't wait for the next installment!!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #140
MJAJmom
DIS Veteran

I just love seeing everyone's star wars shots. You got a great parade location for pictures. I didn't even think there was a spot that had no people on the other side. Great thinking!!

The mama/baby sand people were cool - didn't see that one during our parade day. I loved all the characters just roaming around, they seemed to be in bunches - either you got a whole lot of them, or nobody was around.

Great pics!

June 2014 - DL planning in the works!
June 2011 - POFQ, Star Wars Weekends, Universal
April 2010 - CBR pirate room, 3rd time for just mom & 2 boys, Universal
June09 - CBR, Star Wars Weekends, just mom & 2 boys, more character meals - Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2208908
Oct08 - GF, MNSSHP, just mom & 2 boys, lots of character meals - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013585
Apr08 - GF - 1st trip for family
Old 07-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #141
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Love your parade pictures!

Aren't you glad you don't have a little robot roaming your house now that you're home? The pictures of you guys as the characters was a perfect compromise. You and your DH make a perfect Han and Leia.

We must, must, must make it to SWW some year.
I really am glad we got the character pictures. They make me chuckle everytime I look at them. You really go need to go to SWW one year. Your DS would love it!!!! (and I bet your DH would too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombits View Post
We celebrate the anniversary of our first date too!!! We call it our dativersary. We just celebrated our 20th dativersary in May by going to get a couples massage and pedicure. Loving your TR so far, can't wait to read more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombits View Post
I just read your first MK day. I love the pics, but had to laugh at the expression on your DS4's face! Priceless. The tink pics are great and I hope my DD gets one as good as she is a huge tink fan!
Dativersary Love that! DS4 is a character. There is rarely an in between with him. He is either happy and adorable or grumpy and a trouble maker. He's worth keeping around though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Hmmm...is there another counter service place at DHS than Toy Story Pizza Planet??? I wouldn't know, since that's the only place my boys ever want to eat. I must admit they do give pretty good size portions and the food is not bad but a change would be nice!! (maybe I can convince them in August)

Okay... that is one scary creature!! What is going on with his hands... very strange!!!

Love the SW pictures that put you guys in the movies. Wow!! They are so cool.
Eating somewhere besides Pizza Planet. That is one of my dreams I never did figure out what that creature was. Some strange stuff with some of those SW characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
I'm going to try to remember everything I wanted to say...
Green guy=Kit Fisto. I found out by asking my ds who it was...then he asked "where are these pictures from??" Now he knows about SWW and my fingers are double crossed that they have them later in June again!

All of your parade photos are fantastic! In fact, everything about SWW looks wonderful.

Uh, we HAVE that R2D2 right here at home. Went through a whole mess of trouble to find it and surprise DS with it on this trip (he's wanted it since he was 5). It's actually really neat and quite cute!

Can't wait for the next installment!!
Kit Fitso. Thanks But now you really are in trouble. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they will change the dates back to late June for you. The only reason it worked for us this year is we didn't use all of our snow days so we got out 3 days earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAJmom View Post
I just love seeing everyone's star wars shots. You got a great parade location for pictures. I didn't even think there was a spot that had no people on the other side. Great thinking!!

The mama/baby sand people were cool - didn't see that one during our parade day. I loved all the characters just roaming around, they seemed to be in bunches - either you got a whole lot of them, or nobody was around.

Great pics!
I read about that parade location on the DIS before I left and I was excited it was still available The mama/baby sand person was interesting. I don't even think that was in the movies
Old 07-15-2009, 07:06 AM   #142
dismagiclover

A Charming Prince and a Wizard

It was time to leave the Star Wars Galaxy and enter into Narnia. Wendy enjoys both the books and the movies, so she’d mentioned she wanted to meet Prince Caspian. And here we were walking right by the entrance to Narnia. We decided to bypass the attraction and go straight for the good part: meeting the Prince himself. I loved the way this Meet n Greet was set up. We walked up to the CM waiting outside the entrance and he said we were next. We just had to wait for the previous group to exit. Three giggling girls came out the exit (that should have been a hint we were in for a treat) It was then our turn to enter Narnia.
We walked into the room and were immediately greeted by the Prince. He was such the gentlemen and so charming I really wasn’t prepared to be a tad bit smitten, but both Wendy and I were. John conversed with him a bit too, but wasn’t too interested. DH pointed out Prince Caspian’s sword, but even that didn’t interest the boys

You can tell Wendy is crushing and John doesn’t really get the fascination. We tried to introduce Michael, but he wasn’t talking. Prince Caspian noticed his shirt and apologized that there were no ewoks in Narnia Wendy took a solo shot

Doesn’t he look charming? Unfortunately, it was time to leave the Prince and he very gallantly bid us adieu. After we walked out I mentioned to DH that I didn’t take any pictures. (The ones here are photopass.) DH said, “Yea. I kept telling you to take a picture and you never did.” I looked at DH with a bit of surprise. I had no memory of DH speaking at all while we were in Narnia. I think I was too smitten by Prince Caspian. I said something to that effect to Wendy and she gushed, “I know. Wasn’t he cute?” If any of you are Prince Caspian fans (or even if you just like charming gentlemen in Prince clothing) I highly recommend this meet ‘n greet.

After leaving Narnia we decided to stop by the Animation Academy for a quick visit. We went through the store so that we could avoid the movie. Though we didn’t mind watching it last trip, no one had any desire to see it again. The kids saw the computers and immediately began playing. I scanned the room to see what characters were available. The Up characters were there, but since we haven’t yet seen the movie, no one was interested. Frozone was out as well, but we met him last trip. The character I really wanted to meet was there. The line was long, but the computers were there to entertain the kids so I hopped in to wait. After about 20 minutes it was our turn. Michael went first.

Then John’s turn

Then Wendy had another visit with the Big Cheese.

All 3 of the kids together

And finally the family group shot.

We’d never met Sorcerer Mickey before so I was excited to get the family shot. I like family shots with Mickey in his different wardrobe choices. He is one well dressed mouse!

Well, it had been a full day at the Studios and the kids were getting tuckered out. However, there was something I still wanted to do. I had never been on the Great Movie Ride and really wanted to go this trip. However, I knew the line would be long this time of day and from what I’d read I wasn’t sure how the kids would react to it. My loving DH agreed to take the kids back to the hotel for a rest and I stayed to take a ride through the movies. I really liked the ride. Especially the Wizard of Oz scene. It’s like you’re right in the middle of Munchkinland. I’m glad I didn’t take the kids though. That alien coming out of the ceiling is scary stuff.
My time at the Studios was over and I caught the boat back to the Beach Club. It was a hot ride back. Those boats really need air conditioning.

Up next: A swim break and a Magic Kingdom evening.

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-18-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:37 AM   #143
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I have fond memories of reading all of the Chronicles of Narnia books to my girls when they were younger, and we love the movies, so meeting the prince would have been fun. Plus, he's awfully darn cute! Too funny that you didn't hear your husband talking to you.

We got some very, um, interesting pictures with Sorcerer Mickey. Yours are darling.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #144
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

The pictures of your daughter with the Prince were very sweet!!!

We didn't get the chance to meet Sorcerer Mickey on our last trip. It's definitely on the top of our list when we go back to DHS--(and the UP characters!!! We loved that movie) All of your pics w/Mickey turned out great.

How wonderful that your DH took the kids back to the hotel, so you could ride the Great Movie Ride!! I haven't rode it yet, but from what I have read I think it would scare my boys too. (maybe I can convince my DH to do that for me.)

Old 07-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #145
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Aww really cute pictures!!! Wendy sure is blushing. lol!! Cute!

Yeah the boats would be nice if they had air. I can imagine how hot they get in the summer months.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #146
kshattuck
DIS Veteran

WOW! You were very well-organized for the SWW! I am impressed! So great that everything worked out -- meeting Darth Vader, perfect parade spot, Mommy-solo time......good work!

The pictures of Wendy with Prince Caspian are precious. She is so smitten; what a cutie!

I loved what you wrote about loving WDW after your kids are grown, seeing little ones get so excited about their favorite characters. I think about that even while mine are still so little...sigh

Your TR is fantastic! All of the pictures are great; looking forward to reading more!

Old 07-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #147
micheleq
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the advice about June My little one won't be ready for SW for a while, but DD4 did insist on me fixing her C3PO yesterday so she could prominently display him on her bookshelf!!

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
Old 07-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #148
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I have fond memories of reading all of the Chronicles of Narnia books to my girls when they were younger, and we love the movies, so meeting the prince would have been fun. Plus, he's awfully darn cute! Too funny that you didn't hear your husband talking to you.

We got some very, um, interesting pictures with Sorcerer Mickey. Yours are darling.
You'll have to stop by Narnia next trip. I can't wait to see your "interesting pictures" on your trippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
The pictures of your daughter with the Prince were very sweet!!!

We didn't get the chance to meet Sorcerer Mickey on our last trip. It's definitely on the top of our list when we go back to DHS--(and the UP characters!!! We loved that movie) All of your pics w/Mickey turned out great.

How wonderful that your DH took the kids back to the hotel, so you could ride the Great Movie Ride!! I haven't rode it yet, but from what I have read I think it would scare my boys too. (maybe I can convince my DH to do that for me.)
Wendy was cute with Prince Caspian. She still giggles a bit everytime she see the pictures I do have a great DH He's still good to me even if I ignore him when charming boys dressed in prince clothing are around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Aww really cute pictures!!! Wendy sure is blushing. lol!! Cute!

Yeah the boats would be nice if they had air. I can imagine how hot they get in the summer months.
She sometimes still blushes if I mention Prince Caspian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshattuck View Post
WOW! You were very well-organized for the SWW! I am impressed! So great that everything worked out -- meeting Darth Vader, perfect parade spot, Mommy-solo time......good work!

The pictures of Wendy with Prince Caspian are precious. She is so smitten; what a cutie!

I loved what you wrote about loving WDW after your kids are grown, seeing little ones get so excited about their favorite characters. I think about that even while mine are still so little...sigh

Your TR is fantastic! All of the pictures are great; looking forward to reading more!
Lots of the SWW info came from right here on the DIS. It makes it so much more enjoyable to have a plan Wendy read the report about Prince Caspian and said, "Mom I was more than a little smitten." I hope I never get tired of watching little ones experience the Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleq View Post
Great pictures! Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the advice about June My little one won't be ready for SW for a while, but DD4 did insist on me fixing her C3PO yesterday so she could prominently display him on her bookshelf!!
Uh oh. It sounds like you may have a Star Wars fanatic on your hand and SWW may be in your future
Old 07-16-2009, 07:06 AM   #149
dismagiclover

Photopass Addicts

When I arrived back at the room everyone was chilling out in front of the TV. I asked who wanted to go to the pool and heard a loud chorus of “Me!” We spent another fun couple of hours at SAB. Just love that place John was getting tired so I agreed to take him back to the room while DH, Wendy and Michael went down the waterslide a few more times. (They never got tired of that!) When we arrived back at the room, John complained of being cold (that Florida air conditioning). So I told him to sit out on the patio to warm up. When I came out to check on him this is what I found.

I guess he really was tired.

Everyone else returned from the pool. We had a split evening planned. First a brief report on the boys’ evening.
They had dinner at Hurricane Hannah’s and the boys loved the pail and shovel that came with their meal. After dinner they went over to the arcade to use the card that came with our package. They played “bowling, air hockey and some racing games.” They had a great time. DH had them back in the room watching a movie by 8:10 and by 8:20 both John and Michael were sound asleep

Now on to the good stuff: Wendy and I had an evening at the Magic Kingdom ahead of us. After a quick bus ride, we walked through the gates and what did we see? A photopass guy! We’d never actually seen a photopass guy here because normally we walk through here at 8:45 am and have places to hustle to. Here is what we got

We wandered onto Main Street and I felt that happy feeling. Main Street USA is definitely my happy place We snapped a picture with this character.

Then we headed further down the street and what did we do? You guessed it. (I love the sky in these pictures)

This photopass photog seemed a bit distracted so after we finished with him we headed to the other guy that was about 10 feet away. Good thing Wendy likes to get her picture taken. He took another set of pictures and was a little less distracted.

I look slightly insane (which is probably my true self) in this picture

In these pictures it looks like Tinkerbell is holding on to another Tinkerbell

After our photo shoots we checked in for dinner. Anyone want to guess where?

Last edited by dismagiclover; 07-18-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #150
cmfranklyn
Mouseketeer

I never thought to do a "split evening"... hmmm, I'll have to save that idea for next trip

CBR or POP Dec 3-6, 2010
POP Century June 21-28, 2009

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: