Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
averysmom
DIS Veteran

CBR or CSR? aka - is CBR as bad at its reviews?

We stayed at CSR at Spring Break and loved it!!! (although, I'll admit, my kids told me that they preferred Pop Centruy)

We're headed back for a bonus trip for FD, and I thought by looking at pics that my kids would like CBR - my son is POTC crazy - so I booked CBR.

Now reading bad review after bad review on allears - even the good reviews had negative aspects - I'm having SERIOUS doubts!

I'd LOVE some feedback from ppl who have stayed at both, or even who just have an opinion! We're going with friends, and they're staying where we're staying, so there is some extra pressure on my choice, kwim???

TIA!!!

averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at them both. We much prefer CBR. It is a much better fit for our family, we had much better experiences there, the CM's were much more friendly and helpful, and we like the food court and pool better.

The rooms are slightly larger at CBR. CSR now has queen beds. CBR is more family friendly (in our opinion) and offers more of a Disney feel. CSR has more of an adult feel to us and the new rooms look great for a business traveler, but not for kids. (again, our opinion)

There have been many positive CBR reviews here lately. Here is mine - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2074555

The new CBR pools are awesome and so much fun - for kids and adults! We love the quiet, relaxing, tropical feel to the resort. The hammocks and playgrounds on the beaches are very nice. And the bus service is the best!

Good luck deciding. You will get many opinions on this. All you can do is research and decide what is best for everyone in your travel party. Have a great trip either way!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You will read good reviews and you will read BAD reviews of every single Disney resort there is (there is a thread relating about a bad situation at the Polynesian). People tend to write more about the negative than the positive. I've read good and bad reviews of both the CSR and the CBR in the last couple of weeks. If you enjoyed CSR, I'm sure you will enjoy CBR. Both resorts are similar in size so you'll be used to the walking involved (which is overexaggerated in my opinion). And, as you said, your son is POTC crazy, so I'm sure he'll enjoy the new themed pool and, if money was not an issue, you could pay extra and get a pirate room.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
lirija
Real Live Pirate Grrrl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You will read good reviews and you will read BAD reviews of every single Disney resort there is (there is a thread relating about a bad situation at the Polynesian). People tend to write more about the negative than the positive. I've read good and bad reviews of both the CSR and the CBR in the last couple of weeks. If you enjoyed CSR, I'm sure you will enjoy CBR. Both resorts are similar in size so you'll be used to the walking involved (which is overexaggerated in my opinion). And, as you said, your son is POTC crazy, so I'm sure he'll enjoy the new themed pool and, if money was not an issue, you could pay extra and get a pirate room.
KatMark is right - they are pretty equal when it comes to good and bad reviews, and unless someone had an absolutely spectacular vacation, people usually just post the negative stuff - myself included.
lirija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
LoraJ

I need a vacation!
Wanted to bid on Bare Naked Ladies?!?! The Tag Fairy is Shocked!

When I research reviews on the internet, I take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. If you read a lot of the same complaints, I ask myself if what they are complaining about would bother me. For example, if the complaints are about long walks to the main building, I would find out exactly how long the walk is. Most likely it would not bother me.

We stayed at CBR and loved it. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and found it to be very relaxing. The new pool there looks fantastic!!!

LoraJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
ROEDISNEY
DIS Veteran My name is Disney

I have been to both both are good. Just not crazy about how CR food court is run.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
Aurora in blue
Mouseketeer

I have stayed at both. I prefer CBR over CSR. I also like the food court better at CBR . I would stick with CBR for the pirate theme for your kids. Good luck- I am in the middle of changing my mind about my resort for my upcoming trip too.
Aurora in blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
Stitch2244314
DIS Veteran

We've been to both, and we much prefer CBR. We like CBR for its tropical atmosphere, new main pool/six quiet pools, food court, and overall theme. Plus on our last trip, bus service was absolutely fantastic at CBR. We did not wait longer than 30 seconds for a bus the entire first 6 days of our trip. It was terrific! Personally, we had a very bad experience at CSR. But like other posters have said, everyone has their own experiences, and not every resort is for everyone. Both CBR and CSR have plenty of fans, and people who dislike both resorts as well. Good luck deciding, and have a great trip!
May 1996: Off Site April 2002: ASMo May 2003 & 2004: Off Site June/July 2005: POFQ July 2006: POR August 2007: CBR July/August 2008: CSR & CBR May/June 2009: CBR July 2010: BWV August 2011: CBR July 2012: OKW & AKV-Jambo December 2012: POR-Royal Room July 2013: Yacht Club
Stitch2244314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
michellejed
DIS Veteran

We Love CBR, it is our favorite resort! You feel like you are on a tropical island and away from it all when you are there.

It is very quiet and peaceful, each "Island" with it's own large pool, play area and beach.

The main pool is just plain fun!

Some times I wish we could be dropped off at our door every night after a long day in the park but I don't know of any resort that drops you off at your door! LOL

Mouse-keeping has always been great and friendly staff. Once we even got a lesson in botany from the groundskeepers.

The food court is good and always ample seating.

What ever you pick I hope you have a wonderful time.
michellejed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
DisneyFan4Life7
Earning My Ears

We have stayed at both CBR and CSR. We much more prefer CBR. We felt that CSR is more of a Conference Center.
DisneyFan4Life7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #11
Guzzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmom View Post
We stayed at CSR at Spring Break and loved it!!! (although, I'll admit, my kids told me that they preferred Pop Centruy)

We're headed back for a bonus trip for FD, and I thought by looking at pics that my kids would like CBR - my son is POTC crazy - so I booked CBR.

Now reading bad review after bad review on allears - even the good reviews had negative aspects - I'm having SERIOUS doubts!

I'd LOVE some feedback from ppl who have stayed at both, or even who just have an opinion! We're going with friends, and they're staying where we're staying, so there is some extra pressure on my choice, kwim???

TIA!!!
We stayed at both and preferred CSR, the pool was better, being on the dining plan, we liked the pepper market better and thought the bus service to and from the parks was better at CSR.

BUT... CBR has new pool, looks really cool and if we hadnt chosen CSR for the Slide at the dig site pool we would have happily returned to CBR for our second trip.

Since we liked CSR better, taking nothing away from CBR, we returned there again for our third trip and will likly stay there next summer for our 4th, but I would happily return to CBR

Guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #12
Sue M
DIS Veteran

We stayed 10 days at CBR in Aug 07 and Loved it!! We stayed in Jamaica 42, close to quiet pool, bus stop and a short walk to the bridge connecting you to main pool, food, shop, etc. It is a beautiful resort, well kept, our room was always clean, thanks to our wonderful mousekeeper, bus service was good, and loved those hammocks on the beach.
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
newrygirl
DIS Veteran

HaHa,
I'm the friend that is going with you Averysmom and CBR looks awesome, we're going to Disney and after how many trips of trying to go at the same time and just missing each other etc we are finally going together. WE WILL HAVE A BLAST no matter where we stay.
newrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #14
LoraJ

I need a vacation!
Wanted to bid on Bare Naked Ladies?!?! The Tag Fairy is Shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrygirl View Post
HaHa,
I'm the friend that is going with you Averysmom and CBR looks awesome, we're going to Disney and after how many trips of trying to go at the same time and just missing each other etc we are finally going together. WE WILL HAVE A BLAST no matter where we stay.
That's the spirit!!!!!

LoraJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #15
suz_cute
DIS Veteran

I don't think you should be deterred by a few bad reviews. I always advise people to try things out themselves, before deciding whether or not they will hate it! I have been to both CSR and CBR, and they are pretty comparable as far as size, amenities, pools etc. However, this being said, I do prefer CSR over CBR. We have just had better experiences at CSR, but I still think CBR is a LOVELY resort, just not the best one for us. I would never tell someone NOT to go to CBR, it IS certainly beautiful as far as landscaping, the beaches and play areas are nice,and the new pool area is fabulous (especially with little kids). After your trip, you can make an assessment as to whether or not you would return. We decided after our last trip to CBR that we wouldn't return, but it certainly didn't ruin our trip! Hope you have a wonderful vacation no matter where you decide to stay!!
suz_cute is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: