Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Question Does your family enjoy just a day at your resort? Thinking of cutting HS, WDYT?

My family and I are going to Disney Sept. 9-14. I have 2 days planned in the MK, 1 day at Blizzard Beach, 1 day at AK and 1 day at Hollywood Studios.The day I have planned for HS is the same day as MNSSHP (we have park hoppers). We have Breakfast at our resort at Ohana's and then I had planned on going to HS for a few hours, then we have to be at the MK for The Pirates League at 3:30, Dinner at CP at 4:55 and then the MNSSHP! Whewww, I'm tired just typing it! LOL! I really would like just a day to hang out at the Volcano Pool and enjoy the resort and then go over to MK later that day. Only thing... DS LOVES Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story. He'll be 4. Are there other places to meet Buzz in other parks? Should I skip HS all together so we are'nt running here and there that day? Thanks so much for your help and for reading all of this LONG post! LOL!
Part II DS 2nd trip to WDW Dec. 2009
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a...hbookpart2.flv
starstruck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

It does sound exhausting! You can definitely find Buzz and Toy Story characters in MK - at least as of our last trip there about a year and a half ago. There is a Buzz Lightyear attraction at MK, and the Toy Story folks danced in one of the parades, and had a particular dance thing they did several times throughout the day. MNSSHP is a wonderful, wonderful event - I would save your energy for that, take it easy in the morning, and really enjoy the Halloween mood.

Good luck!
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck93 View Post
My family and I are going to Disney Sept. 9-14. I have 2 days planned in the MK, 1 day at Blizzard Beach, 1 day at AK and 1 day at Hollywood Studios.The day I have planned for HS is the same day as MNSSHP (we have park hoppers). We have Breakfast at our resort at Ohana's and then I had planned on going to HS for a few hours, then we have to be at the MK for The Pirates League at 3:30, Dinner at CP at 4:55 and then the MNSSHP! Whewww, I'm tired just typing it! LOL! I really would like just a day to hang out at the Volcano Pool and enjoy the resort and then go over to MK later that day. Only thing... DS LOVES Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story. He'll be 4. Are there other places to meet Buzz in other parks? Should I skip HS all together so we are'nt running here and there that day? Thanks so much for your help and for reading all of this LONG post! LOL!
I would skip HS (and I am not a park skipper - but you won't have much time to be there at all and since you won't be there in time for FPs for TSM it won't be worth it).

Buzz often hangs out right next to his ride at MK so you should easily be able able to see him there.

The Volcano Pool is really alot of fun too and worth spending some time at.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

Is one of your MK days the day of MNSSHP? Or would that make 2 1/2 days at MK? If it is in addition to your 2 days at MK, I would probably skip one of the other 2 MK days and go to HS for awhile. You could go early in the morning for TSM, then head out early and have the rest of the day at the resort. Then on MNSSHP day, just chill till it's time to go to the party!

We always have 2 MK days, but this trip we will do one full one, then MVMCP as our other day.

Just a thought!

ShannonMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassslipper2004 View Post
It does sound exhausting! You can definitely find Buzz and Toy Story characters in MK - at least as of our last trip there about a year and a half ago. There is a Buzz Lightyear attraction at MK, and the Toy Story folks danced in one of the parades, and had a particular dance thing they did several times throughout the day. MNSSHP is a wonderful, wonderful event - I would save your energy for that, take it easy in the morning, and really enjoy the Halloween mood.

Good luck!
Thank you Thank you! O.K., I feel better then for skipping this park! I'm happy to know that we can find Buzz at the MK since that's my fave park. I read somewhere that Buddy and Bullseye hang out in Frontier land too! DH and I would like to ride the Tower of Terror and the Rocking Roller coaster, but if we have time at the end of our trip, we'll hop over there and do that, no big deal if we can't. This trip is to celebrate Maddox's 4th B-day, so it's all about him! LOL! Thanks for your help! April
Old 06-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

I say go to MK 1 day and go to HS the other that way u can go to all of the parks that u want 2 and have a day to spend at the pool. When we had a 9 day vacation we took about 2 days just to relax at the pool. It's much more fun to relax then make your self go crazy.

Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonMB View Post
Is one of your MK days the day of MNSSHP? Or would that make 2 1/2 days at MK? If it is in addition to your 2 days at MK, I would probably skip one of the other 2 MK days and go to HS for awhile. You could go early in the morning for TSM, then head out early and have the rest of the day at the resort. Then on MNSSHP day, just chill till it's time to go to the party!

We always have 2 MK days, but this trip we will do one full one, then MVMCP as our other day.

Just a thought!

Hey! No, it's not one of our days at MK. I have Sept. 10th and then our last day Sept. 14th for MK. We're doing MNSSHP on the 11th. What time is TSM? We could go to HS our last day after our late Breakfast-Brunch at CRT at 10:30. WDYT? That would put us getting to HS at around 12 that day probably. Would that be too late for TSM? Thanks! April
Old 06-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbyday View Post
I say go to MK 1 day and go to HS the other that way u can go to all of the parks that u want 2 and have a day to spend at the pool. When we had a 9 day vacation we took about 2 days just to relax at the pool. It's much more fun to relax then make your self go crazy.

Yeah, this sounds better I think. I had MK planned for the 10th and the 14th (our last day) I'm thinking since we're already going to be in the MK for the 10th and then for most of the day on the 11th for MNSSHP, I'm just going to plan on us eating at CRT at 10:30 our last day and then head over to HS for the rest of the day. I cancelled our TS ressies at Cape May that night so we could do whatever we wanted and would'nt have to hurry off to get somewhere KWIM? Thanks for your help! April
Old 06-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

I would split the AK day (actually I would skip AK altogether but that's me). Spend 1/2 day in AK & 1/2 day at DHS.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
I would split the AK day (actually I would skip AK altogether but that's me). Spend 1/2 day in AK & 1/2 day at DHS.
I agree with this. AK might get very hot and crowded and it could be a relief to go to the resort for a bit and then head over the DHS for a few hours.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #11
CyndiLooWho
DIS Veteran

We just got back from WDW with 2 boys, 8 and 10. We went to MK, HS, Sea World, & Epcot - then offered the boys the choice of which park to return to. Hands down, no discussion at all, the boys wanted to go back to HS. It was their favorite by far. They also said they had no interest at all in a 2nd day at MK. So before cutting one park, visit each one time and then decide what to see next.

We did skip AK, as we went over the rides with the boys and decided that the park there wasn't going to hold their interest. We spent the day at the resort instead, hanging out in the lazy river, and doing a little shopping at the outlet malls. It was a great break, and I do recommend it.

Just think a bit about what attractions will really hold YOUR family's interest before deciding where to spend 2 days and no days. You might be really surprised.

(as for why my family did not enjoy MK, our boys were too old for most of Fantasyland [I heard "lame" a LOT] and not quite ready for the thrill rides. One has an aversion to heights and the other nightmares easily, so many of the coolest rides were off limits for us)
CyndiLooWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #12
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Just wanted to add, DHS has tons to offer a 4 year old.

Toy Story Mania, Playhouse Disney, Muppets, Star Tours, the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, Power Rangers... my boys always loved Indy (still do) but be advised Indy can be LOUD so if your little one has issues with loud noises... Little Mermaid was always a "girl thing" that they would run from but now that they are older they oblige their mother very nicely (and have actually admitted enjoying).

Totally agree with PP, you know your family best but you also never know what the reaction will be until they've had a chance to see for themselves.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #13
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

I'm really looking forward to a day in the resort on our upcoming trip. But I wouldn't be doing it if it meant skipping a park. My girls were 3 and 5 on our last trip and HS was their 2nd favourite park and this was before TSM. I know everyone is different but they really didn't enjoy EPCOT. Each day we spent there they must have asked several times if we could leave and go to another park.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: