Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
StitchieX626
Earning My Ears

Extra magic hours/ extended park hours for resort

Hi,
Do you usually plan to have meals at the parks the same evening as the extra magic hours (the ones in the evening). I'm torn because it is convenient when we do this as far as location, but then it eats into our time at the park. What strategy do you usually employ in this situation?
StitchieX626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
StitchieX626
Earning My Ears

Question

Also, we are going to WDW on Aug 16-23 and I haven't made reservations yet; I am now officially panicking that I'm too late! Help me strategize since I have procrastinated 0:
StitchieX626 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
kaybird
DIS Veteran

I have a spread sheet that the first thing I do is list the EMH for morning and afternoon. Then I have a pretty good idea of where I will be. We eat either a late lunch or early dinner most times, cuts down on time, and takes us out of the heat.

If we are at studios or EPCOT, we feel like we can travel by boat easily, same with the monorail to EPCOT an MK. Starting with a framework gives us lots of options. Then I pencil in where and when I want, call for ADRs and remain flexible.
Have a GREAT trip!!!

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:16 AM   #4
Faldred
DIS Veteran

Okay... haven't been in this boat myself, because the critters don't stay up late enough yet for us to do PM EMH.

Still, what I would do in this situation is to make the dinner ADR early enough so that you'd be finishing dinner right about regular closing time. Then you'll have the three hours to do whatever you want during EMH.

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ddp, disney dining plan, extra magic hours, planning, restaurants

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: