Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Food Dilivered to Grand Californian

Looks like a bonus from work we are going to stay at GCH and I was just looking at a 2007 version of The Entertainment Guide which has a ton of take out/delivery food places.
Probably has been posted before but can not find it in the "search" can you have food delivered to GCH and if so, is it to the room or to the desk?

Thanks,

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
blackjackdelta

Bump
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2009, 04:16 AM   #3
Hulamouse
Earning My Ears

In November, we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. We ordered pizza and it had to be picked up at the front desk. Don't know if this is the GCH's policy too, but I thought I would put in my 2 cents.
Hulamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Honestly, I have never heard of food being delivered to an on-site hotel, but it probably happens. It might be difficult for them to park (or leave their vehicle in the foyer) and for a staff member to notify you to pick up the order in a timely fashion. Maybe if you "met" them in a pre determined spot out front? I'm sure they don't encourage it, unlike off-site where there are flyers in the rooms advertising free delivery for Chinese, pizza, etc....

Sorry no one has really been able to help.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
pycees312
DIS Veteran

yup had Roundtable delivered to the Grand in June. You just have to go downstairs and pick it up.. This trip i noticed a fair amount of pizza boxes sitting outside the doors in the mornings. Cheap dinner that you know everyone will enjoy and eat.
pycees312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
Halle
DIS Veteran

What is Roundtable?
Halle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
What is Roundtable?

It is a pizza place.

Jack
Old 06-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
S. S. Columbia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Looks like a bonus from work we are going to stay at GCH and I was just looking at a 2007 version of The Entertainment Guide which has a ton of take out/delivery food places.
Probably has been posted before but can not find it in the "search" can you have food delivered to GCH and if so, is it to the room or to the desk?

Thanks,

Jack
I'd like to help, Jack, but I haven't stayed at the GCH.

"I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place -- a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it." -Walt Disney
S. S. Columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
Mom2Joce
It all started with a...

We were just at the Grand and I had groceries ordered and delivered to us. When the groceries arrived I got a call from the front desk saying he was here and to please come down. From there he followed me up and put everything in our room for us. It was GREAT!!

I'm sure take out is the same way depending on the resturants you choose...just give them a call prior to see if they will deliever. As for the Grand they are pretty cool with it!

Also know that Downtown Disney has lots of places to eat and there are onsite resturants as well as the White Water Snacks that DOES have food...not just snacks. We practically lived there
Old 06-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
blackjackdelta

Thanks for all the help. Groceries are not a problem but now and then we like some simple food(chinese, etc) in the room while we are breaking. The last time we were there the selection seemed lacking and very overpriced for what you get, but that is what you expect from Disney.
Just got back from the Mandarian Oriental in DC, a 5 star place, and they had no problem with ordering out, so I was curious what GCH policy was or if anyone has gone thru the process.
Since we may be staying there in August, I like to know things upfront but will ask when I get there.

Jack
Old 06-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #11
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Jack we didn't order delivery but we did take out from Naples in DTD. I know others did do delivery because there were a ton of pizza boxes outside rooms in the mornings. I just thought I'd mention the take out pizza option, the pizza was actually very very good!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
godalejunior
DIS Veteran

We did takeout for Naples too. I have seen pizza boxes from Pizza Hut in the hallways at GC so I am assuming it is okay to do so.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:41 AM   #13
Hester
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Jack we didn't order delivery but we did take out from Naples in DTD. I know others did do delivery because there were a ton of pizza boxes outside rooms in the mornings. I just thought I'd mention the take out pizza option, the pizza was actually very very good!
I did the same ... picked up pizza at Naples. FYI, they will not box up the jumbo pizza to go ... not even in 2 large boxes. I even asked the manager and was quite unhappy about this. Had to order a large and a medium to-go.

I needed to feed 7 people and refused the walk-up at the Disneyland Hotel (I think it's called Crock Bites ... absolutely horrible food, and few choices) - and room service would have cost a fortune.

Wish I had done some more research before the trip ... it took us a while to figure out what to do.
Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:54 AM   #14
Mattsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Joce View Post
We were just at the Grand and I had groceries ordered and delivered to us. When the groceries arrived I got a call from the front desk saying he was here and to please come down. From there he followed me up and put everything in our room for us. It was GREAT!!

I'm sure take out is the same way depending on the resturants you choose...just give them a call prior to see if they will deliever. As for the Grand they are pretty cool with it!

Also know that Downtown Disney has lots of places to eat and there are onsite resturants as well as the White Water Snacks that DOES have food...not just snacks. We practically lived there

Were did you order the groceries from??
Mattsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: