Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
WebmasterCorey
Still points with two fingers
aka OrlandoTiger

DISboards Administrator

Disneyland Attraction and Dining Reviews

Have opinions on Disneyland attractions and dining locations?
I bet you do

Please help us populate this new Disneyland section of the DIS by reviewing the locations you like and dislike. We have tons of great reviews for Walt Disney World, but now we need to get Disneyland up to speed.

Disneyland Attractions:
http://reviews.wdwinfo.com/index.php/cat/440

Disneyland Resorts:
http://reviews.wdwinfo.com/index.php/cat/445

Disneyland Dining:
http://reviews.wdwinfo.com/index.php/cat/411

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by WebmasterCorey; 07-28-2010 at 12:45 PM.
WebmasterCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I am in the process of posting some reviews, Corey! I just did some for Disneyland - Carnation Cafe, Blue Ribbon Bakery, Begal BBQ and River Belle Terrace, and am in the process of doing one for Wine Country Trattoria in DCA. Then I will move on to Taste Pilots Grill in DCA and finally....the character meals (specifically Goofy's Kitchen and Storytellers Cafe). I don't have a lot of experience with Blue Bayou (not as much as other peple on the DIS), but I may do a review of my last visit there just to get something on there.

Everyone else should do some reviews too! They don't have to be long OR short. And we pretty much 'review' restaurants all the time on the DIS anyway in our various threads. Might as well put them in one central location for other people to see too!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
labattblue
DIS Veteran

I'll be glad to chime in with my 2 cents after our August visit.
labattblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
reynmagsmom
DIS Veteran

After our trip in August I will gladly do some reviews as our last trip was in April 08 and I want to be up to date!!! I'll even get some pics to back up the words
Old 06-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Oooh, since I have nothing to do right now, I think I'll write some.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

I am hoping to add some things from our recent trip!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Yes, please, everyone add some reviews. I just spent a long time this morning writing up a bunch of them on a bunch of places just to get something on there so the review sections wouldn't be empty (I am helping out my fellow mods!), but the last time I looked, all it said was Sherry E, Sherry E, Sherry E...all the way down the line, so we need some other people on there to write reviews!! Not just me!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 06-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

Just added a few reviews! Will add a couple more later!

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemermaid View Post
Just added a few reviews! Will add a couple more later!
Great reviews, Spacemermaid! I must be going crazy because I don't think I saw Plaza Inn listed anywhere on the counter service or table service restaurants! I must have skipped over it, as it has to be in there somewhere. But I swear I checked a couple of times and must have looked right past it. Ahhhh...so much fun when AGE starts to set in.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #10
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

Thanks I enjoyed reading your reviews, as well! What a great idea, to have a place on the boards to review the restaurants individually! I'm sure it will grow to be a very useful part of the boards.

No Plaza Inn? You remembered all the others, though! I could probably only remember the places I've eaten at in the past couple of years

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #11
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

I didn't see plaza inn in there either.

i'm in the process of putting some reviews up in dining and then I will hit the other sections when possible.

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynerd420 View Post
I didn't see plaza inn in there either.

i'm in the process of putting some reviews up in dining and then I will hit the other sections when possible.
Well, that's a relief! I thought for sure I was going crazy or senile (at an early age) and just somehow imagining Plaza Inn was not there! The only place I saw it was in the Character Meals section for Minnie and Friends, but it should be listed as a separate restaurant in the Counter Service category. Storytellers and PCH Grill are listed twice, as I recall - both as regular restaurants and as character meals.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #13
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

Well I posted a few... I will try to think of more places to review and will come back to it. Everyone who has been to DL and eaten there that posts on these boards should go review a restaurant.

If you cant do that go review a hotel or attraction!

You don't have to do alot, just add in one or two.

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #14
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Bump!

We have gotten some great reviews posted so far, but we still need more. As Disneynerd420 said, if you don't want to review restaurants, then review the DLR hotels or the the rides/attractions at DL or DCA. It's fun - and it will be helpful to a lot of people who come to this website seeking knowledge on DLR. And it doesn't have to be a review of a trip taken this year - you can review from your experiences last year or just overall, in general - you don't have to be really brief if you don't want, and you don't have to be really lengthy - it's up to you to write what you want to write.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #15
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Thanks, everyone! Your reviews are great so far, but we need more!

Oh, and I've now added Plaza Inn (whoops), so Sherry - get back over there!

Oh, and if you notice at the top of the reviews, they are giving away random prizes on the Podcast for DISers who submit reviews!
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: