Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
sdoll
Mouseketeer

Is MNSSHP worth it.

We have 2 boys 2 and 4 do you think MNSSHP worth going to. I think my oldest will love it but what are your thoughts. I have not met anyone that has actually gone. It sounds cool to me but wanted a few other thoughts.

Pop Century ~ 01/05
Saratoga Springs ~ 04/06
Pop Century ~ 09/06
Pop Century 02/07
Bonnet Creek 1/08, 9/09, 5/10, 2/11, 3/12, 9/13
Coming up Bonnet Creek 2/14
sdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
lillyshula
Earning My Ears

On my trip last October I had my two girls (3 1/2 and 2 1/2) and two other three year old girls. I must say that the MNSSHP was one of their favorite things that we did that trip. My oldest still talks about riding on Splash Mountain and her costume getting wet . There is a special parade and just fantastic fireworks at night. There is also some free face painting and trick or treating, but the lines can be long. If I remember correct there was also a dance party as well. I would go again in a heartbeat. My children loved dressing up at the park. Also some of the more popular attractions are open and you are able to ride them with not too much of a wait sometimes. If they get a bit scared you could always take them on a ride or two. Whatever your choice, I hope you guys have a great vacation!

1987-1990-Many Disneyland trips:1990-Disneyworld(offsite):1996-Disneyworld(offsite) & Disneyland(Disneyland Hotel):2001-Disneyworld(offsite):2005-Shades of Green
2008-Shades of Green:2012-Port Orleans Riverside & Universal(Hard Rock Hotel):2014-Port Orleans Riverside
lillyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
DisneyCowgirl
DIS Veteran

We did the Pirate and Princess Party last year when DS was just over 2 years. We stayed at the hotel that morning (went swimming) then took a LONG nap in the afternoon and arrived at MK around 5. We had a great time. DS liked the dance party (we were at one with Little Mermaid characters), we rode a bunch of the fantansyland rides, watched the fireworks, and enjoyed the smaller crowds. He would have loved wearing his costume, so I think MNSSHP would be great for that age!
DisneyCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
asoko
Mouseketeer

We went when the kids were 4 and 2. We had a wonderful time. We too rested at the hotel until about 4 pm the went to MK. We had dinner at Tavern Tree and walked out and sat right down to watch the parade. It was perfect timing and a wonderful parade. Snow White, the Prince and all 7 dwarfs were out. I heard that is the only time they are all out together.
asoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
Ed J
Removing my ears

Location: Near the beach in NJ, not the shore, tourists call it the shore.

We've gone 2 times on the 31st in the last 4 years. First time we spent all day in the MK and kept out costumes in a locker, and put them on as it got dark. The last we hung by the pool all day and hit the park in coustume when we could get in using our MNSSHP tix.

Both trips we had kids from 4 to 44 or so . I'd never do all day in the park with the party again if I have a choice, the kids also agree.

As for MNSSHP it's well worth it IMO. You can bag up the candy if that's your goal, or you can hit the rides with really short lines, it's win win. The parade whit the headless horseman is way cool (and I'm not a big parade fan).

Our trips are on regular intervals and if we're going to be there near the 31st, we make it a point to go.

Remember to buy your tix in advance, there is always a possibility that they can sell out on the day you want to go.
11/11 (Jersey week) Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve & POR
8/09 Grand Californian Hotel 11/10 (Jersey week) Marriott's Cypress Harbour & Holiday Inn @ DTD
11/08 (Jersey week) Marriott's Cypress Harbour & The Crown Plaza Universal
11/04 (Jersey week) Cypress Pointe 11/06 (Jersey week) Marriott's Horizons & The Nick
11/00 (Jersey week) Holiday inn ~ Now the Nick 11/02 (Jersey week) Marriott's Grande Vista
3/1989 Pineapple Peteís Hawaiian Retreat 11/1997 Embassy Suites

Iím not good at many things, but 1 thing Iím very good at is going on vacation
Ed J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

We went last year and my kids absolutely loved it. They are older though but told us numerous time how they wish they could have gone when they were little. They loved it so much that we are going back this year!
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
Goin2Disney2006
Mouseketeer

When we went my daughter was 1 and my niece was 4. My niece loved walking around at night, trick or treating in her costume. The park was decorated so nice and we got to take pictures with alot of characters.

We are going for Very Merry Christmas party this year, we can't wait!!!

May 2014 POFQ

December 2009 - POFQ Very Merry Christmas Party
2006 POR (NSSHP)
Goin2Disney2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
jsphotography
Mouseketeer

Up until just now I have been planning on skipping the halloween party. Its my 5 yo princesses first time there and I just didn't think it was worth it, mainly because there's so much to do and see and honestly she wasn't really into trick-or-treating last year (I think it had to do more with the fact that it was FREEZING outside). BUT i just watched a couple videos on youtube from the parade and the show and now I'm sold!! I think in the end we will have time to see the other parades and parks, and she will have more fun trick or treating to the characters in warm florida then to neighbors she doesn't necessarily know when its freezing outside :0)
jsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
Madisonsmom45
Mouseketeer

Smile Mnsshp tix

We have never done the Halloween party, but have bought tickets for this years trip. It sounds from the posts that resting for the whole day is the way to go. It also looks like it will be an awesome time. I don't know who is more excited about the Halloween party, me or the kids.

Bonnie

Last edited by Madisonsmom45; 06-07-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Madisonsmom45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
Loubbylou
Mouseketeer

In my opinion it is definately worth going to MNSSHP. We went in 2007 and my DS was 4. I thought he would be freaked out by the costumes but he really loved it, the parade was wonderful and the look on my DS face was pure magic. I agree with some of the other posters and would definately stay at your hotel or villa during the day so that you are well rested. At the begining of our holiday my DS actually slept through the fireworks at Epcot so I thought there was no way he would make it to the end of MNSSHP, but by the end of the night he was still awake!!!

Louise
Loubbylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #11
mom2aredhead
DIS Veteran

YES YES YES!

Our plan is usually to skip the candy lines (we can get candy at home) but make sure we hit the characters, parade (both) fireworks, and do some rides, usually with minimal to no wait.

We always go at 4:00 using our party tickets, having spent the earlier part of the day swimming and relaxing...this way we can make it to (almost) the end.

"Nobody on his deathbed ever said, "I wish I had spent more time at the office." - Paul Tsongas
mom2aredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #12
tina_la
Ready to go back to the World

if you have never been (and it sounds like you haven't of course ) I would go once but that would be about it. We had a great time last year but for the cost we will spend that money on something else this year (like a day at universal for something different) Also if you are going to be going on dates that are unlikely to sell out then I would buy tickets last minute. We went during a downpour one year and it turned out terrible! We were one of the lucky few who did get a refund but most didn't and it states on tickets that they don't have to return $ even if event canceled due to weather.

Looks like you are going in Sept? that when we went the past 2 years and it was never sold out either of the 2 nights it was on during the week. I would consider buying last minute tickets and plan to go the first night you can if weather is good.

Had to add the dancing banannas for the youngest DS lol
tina_la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #13
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

We went last year, I would highly recommend going on the Tuesday if you can, definitely worth the money. That being said, we just can't afford the extra $ to go this year, and I don't think the kids will mind; if they don't know it's on, it doesn't bother them kwim? But if you can afford it, it's a great experience. last year we rode spash 6 times, btmr at least 6 times, saw the parade, saw the villain show, mix and mingle, fireworks all the trickor treating, did pirates twice, got all our faces painted, went to the fantasyland dance party where the kids cut a rug w/ donald and chip and dale (they were hysterical) and something else I can't remember now. So it was definitely full of activities; and the night we went the weather was great and there were more cm's than guests so not crowded at all.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #14
natnelliesmom
Mom to 3 Disney Princesses in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aredhead View Post
YES YES YES!

Our plan is usually to skip the candy lines (we can get candy at home) but make sure we hit the characters, parade (both) fireworks, and do some rides, usually with minimal to no wait.
Don't skip the candy lines! That's where many of the characters are to be found! The Alice in Wonderland treat trail is the best! Queen of Hearts, Alice, Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit and maybe others switching in and out.

You don't have to collect candy if you don't want it, but it's nice to have it to munch on! It's usually good stuff.
-Sarah
Old 06-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
mom2aredhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natnelliesmom View Post
Don't skip the candy lines! That's where many of the characters are to be found! The Alice in Wonderland treat trail is the best! Queen of Hearts, Alice, Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit and maybe others switching in and out.

You don't have to collect candy if you don't want it, but it's nice to have it to munch on! It's usually good stuff.
-Sarah
Thank you - I forgot about that whole area, since I have only boys in my house and they were not interested in Alice or Snow White...

I was thinking about the ones that are candy only...by the Haunted Mansion (pathway near the boat) and some of the other ones, which are no characters and candy only. Either way, they are marked very well on the map which are character spots and which are treat trails.

"Nobody on his deathbed ever said, "I wish I had spent more time at the office." - Paul Tsongas
mom2aredhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: