Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
Lizzybear
You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!
I'm the main holiday initiator/planner which is how I like it!

East Coast Antics Day 20 (Journey home/final thoughts)

20th October

Up at 8, did our final bits of packing then drove to the main building to do online check-in at the business centre and check out since we never received the express check out envelope on our door. Next stop was Downtown Disney to use our last counter service credit for breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express. Steve had the spinach and cheese omelette and I had the cornflake French toast with fruit… Very nice but soo filling I could only manage one piece! After breakfast we drove to the airport, stopping for fuel on the way and then did the usual drop car (goodbye lovely Mustang!), drop bags, security dance. We had a while til our flight but time soon passed with a Starbucks and the DS/laptop/iPod Touch for entertainment. The flight was on time and we were soon landing in Newark (déjà vu!) At this point my notes have disappeared but nothing of much consequence went on: Waited around some more, Steve treated us both to Swatch watches, had some dinner and flew back to Manchester with Steve giving daggers to the woman in front who decided having a row of three seats to herself was not sufficient and she also needed to encroach on our full row by reclining the seat in front of him (yes much muttering went on in our row!) Anyway, I don’t want to let the final words of my trip report be moaning about some woman on a plane so I’ll leave you all with a highlights list:

New York
Boston
Driving a Mustang
Le Cellier
Eating lobster for the first time
Central Park
Staten Island Ferry
Boston Museum of Science
No humidity in Orlando!
Lombardi’s pizza
Taking a more chilled approach to touring WDW
Racking up the ‘states visited’ list!

I’ve been a major slacker with this trip report and it’s now 6 months after the holiday itself, glad I’ve finally finished it though. 2010 is likely to be a Disney free year for me unless I can make a super cheap DLRP trip with my sister happen, fingers crossed!
DLP Day trip 1992, School trip 1997, Day trip 2000, Magic Circus 2003, Cheyenne 2006, Sequoia Lodge 2007 and Santa Fe 2010. WDW Ramada Resort I-Drive 2002, Sheraton Studio City 2005, POFQ 2007 and CSR 2009. DLR Fairfield Inn 2008.
Lizzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

I'm sorry your report has come to an end, I've really enjoyed it. What a fantastic trip you had! Looking forward to reading more in the future.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Thanks for sharing.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
tinks_1989
need a like button

love you trip report nice to see some one else taking the more relaxed approach like DF and I

looking forward to another I really enjoyed reading yours and being filled with lots of pictures kept me entertained thanks :D
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

thank you so much for sharing your trip- i have loved reading about every single day and the photo's are amazing.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:54 AM   #6
sue.o
Earning My Ears

Thank you for sharing your lovely holiday! I've just sat and read them this morning all at once and you have made me want to go to Boston so much!

My DIS Buddy is craigs bride
sue.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:58 AM   #7
fav_is_tink
DIS Veteran

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your TR sad its finished, your photos were Great and you looked as though you had a fabulous holiday! You've made me really excited about my first visit to Le Cellier now
fav_is_tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

Another beautifully detailed report, Lizzy. You don't needed to apologize for the delay in writing it--you weren't slacking, you were recuperating!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: