Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #46
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I am sure a great code will come out for you for AKL.

Too funny about all the places your sister is interested in, can't wait to see what you narrow it down too.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #47
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Yeah for AKL!! At least she has the restaurants narrowed to 27! There are seriously too many great places to eat -- it is tough to choose! I was very unhappy w/ the change to 90 days at first but now I like it. It's hard enough to decide 3 months in advance... 6 months is a little crazy.

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #48
nodnol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

We also have started to talk about dining options.

So far Katharina has a list on our wiki with all table service restaurants that she found interesting when reading her passporter - it has 27 restaurants on it! Unless we decide to get the Deluxe Dining Plan, I can't see how we would manage all those! And no, we are not thinking about any dining plan! I really enjoy having a bit of flexibility with regard to my meals, especially since the jet lag confuses my meal times.
Hello to everyone out there - it's me, the second sister!

I can happily announce that I alreday narrowed them down to 20! And not all of them are table service restaurants...

I'm now reading lots and lots of dining reviews and makes notes on my list on the wiki, I hope this won't lead to an even longer list!

nodnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #49
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post

I can happily announce that I alreday narrowed them down to 20! And not all of them are table service restaurants...

I'm now reading lots and lots of dining reviews and makes notes on my list on the wiki, I hope this won't lead to an even longer list!
Nice to meet you!! Just 20 choices?!! Seriously, that's pretty good and it's always good to have plans and then a back up! Hopefully your food tolerances won't cause you any issues while you're enjoying the yummy food.

Magadalene - too funny about the sink picture!! Don't even get me started! Sure, tell me about the new, huge IKEA in Fuerth! I'll have to check it out the next time I go back over.

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #50
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post

It's so nice that you decided to join all the fun!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 25/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:05 AM   #51
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

less than 200 days!

Hi everyone! I guess I am not a very good PTR writer, I really messed up!! I totaly missed the 200 day mark and we are now already down to just another 197 days until we arrive at WDW (at least that's what my WDW countdown widget says)!!!

Also it will most likely be less than a month until the 2010 rates become available and we can book our trip!! My travel agent already has our details and will email me as soon as the rates will have come out! Of course then the waiting game for the discounts begins. Ideally I would want one of those 40% off PINs, but I have never gotten a PIN - I guess they don't send them out to foreigners...

Sorry for this short update, but I promise I will soon post other more interesting things!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:21 AM   #52
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone! I guess I am not a very good PTR writer, I really messed up!! I totaly missed the 200 day mark and we are now already down to just another 197 days until we arrive at WDW (at least that's what my WDW countdown widget says)!!!

Also it will most likely be less than a month until the 2010 rates become available and we can book our trip!! My travel agent already has our details and will email me as soon as the rates will have come out! Of course then the waiting game for the discounts begins. Ideally I would want one of those 40% off PINs, but I have never gotten a PIN - I guess they don't send them out to foreigners...

Sorry for this short update, but I promise I will soon post other more interesting things!

WOO HOO for less than 200 days!!

I really hope you will be able to score some kind of discount, that just makes a Disney trip even more magical!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #53
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Congrats on being under 200 days!!!!!

OOH I would love to stay at AKL, I really hope you guys are able to get a code that will work for you!!!!

Hmmmm..27 restaurants...I just adore Disney food! I'm sure whatever your sister decides you will have a great time and a great meal! YUMMY!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #54
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:

Ha, Ha, that's exactly why I don't do PTR/TRs! I can't even keep up with my pics! But I am enjoying yours no matter what day you log in!

for some sort of code/discount. I did not have a PIN, and could not get a AAA discount for our upcoming stay. I am just hoping they open up the VISA discount to everyone and I can apply it! With a discount, my parents would be willing to go to more restaurants.

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 25/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #55
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
WOO HOO for less than 200 days!!

I really hope you will be able to score some kind of discount, that just makes a Disney trip even more magical!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Congrats on being under 200 days!!!!!

OOH I would love to stay at AKL, I really hope you guys are able to get a code that will work for you!!!!

Hmmmm..27 restaurants...I just adore Disney food! I'm sure whatever your sister decides you will have a great time and a great meal! YUMMY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Ha, Ha, that's exactly why I don't do PTR/TRs! I can't even keep up with my pics! But I am enjoying yours no matter what day you log in!

for some sort of code/discount. I did not have a PIN, and could not get a AAA discount for our upcoming stay. I am just hoping they open up the VISA discount to everyone and I can apply it! With a discount, my parents would be willing to go to more restaurants.
Thanks for the nice comments on my non-update!! You really are the sweetest people!! But a real update will be posted shortly!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 07-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #56
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Shoes!

Originally this was planned to be about Sunshine Seasons, but we will come to that on another day!

I have to post about shoes. To be honest those are not solely purchased for WDW, but also for the rest of the summer here in Germany. But they will be used at WDW and they are DIS related. I really owe both pairs to Brookelizabeth PTR!!

The first pair is the pair of Teva Mush I ordered just after she posted about hers. They really are heavenly!! I had them shipped to my office and they arrived on a really hot day. After showing them to a colleague, she encouraged me to wear them that day at the desk. We are actually dressing very formal at work, so no flip flops, but really nice shoes... But when you are at your desk – who cares? Well... Of course I was to lazy to change into my uncomfortable nice shoes when I wanted to go to the bathroom. And just when I opened the door, who was standing there?? The head of my department! And of course she immediately looked at my feet!! I mumbled about feeling a blister developing and therefor not wearing the nice shoes. But she just smiled and said: Well, these are really nice, too! So here is a picture of the Teva Mush, the design is called Kona Blue:

Then Brookelizabeth talked about her Keens. So I went to check out their website and found a pair of canvas sneakers that I really liked! I found out that a German outdoor store chain carries them and while I could have ordered them, I really wanted to try them on in a store. So after work today I traveled to another part of Berlin where they have their store. This is their flagship store and it is actually a dream come true for anyone interested in outdoor clothing and equipment, they even have a pool where you test kayaks!! Getting there was a hassle because the commuter trains here in Berlin have huge problems at the moment... But I made it there and purchased this:

It's the Keen Women Coronado in brindle. They are really comfortable and even have arch support! I hope the colour will stay nice for some time, they had them in white, too, but I found that too risky! They even come with two different pairs of shoelaces: white and brindle, so you can change the look of the shoes! I am really pleased with my purchase!!

While there, I also got a gadget for Katharina and me which will come in handy when touring the parks! Actually it was LL which inspired me to get these SPORKS! I got one in blue for me and one in red for Katharina since is the traditional colour distribution between the two of us. I actually also picked up a green one for Katharina's DH and got a yellow one for me as well (no DH or boyfriend at the time who could get that, but who knows, when it will have someone to use it! ).

Due to the train chaos I investigated the bus routes there and figured that I actually could use one to get to a station for my underground line. So I even got a nice bus ride through parts of Berlin I haven't seen before. Berlin has double decker buses, and I was even able to sit in the front, so I got a very good view!!

It seems like my shoes update has ended in a mini TR about my excursion to buy shoes. But I wanted to end with a tidbit about the word shoe: it is actually the same in German! It is spelled Schuh, but pronounced nearly the same.

Next update might be about Sunshine Seasons, but who knows what other things will happen in the meantime!

Last edited by Flossbolna; 07-13-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: shoelaces
Old 07-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #57
tarak
DIS Veteran

Hi! I followed you over from the AKL thread. I'm enjoying your PTR and envy your travels with your sister. With any luck, mine will be joining me next year when we visit WDW.
My mom is going with me in a few months and she's been asking about shoes. I told her whatever she buys, to make sure she breaks it in before heading to WDW. And I had to LOL at your being caught in the casual shoes at work. I have a pair of sandals that are not as dressy as they should be, but they are adorable and I took a chance and wore them. Sure enough, our second in command, so to speak, caught me out front on my lunch hour.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #58
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
Hi! I followed you over from the AKL thread. I'm enjoying your PTR and envy your travels with your sister. With any luck, mine will be joining me next year when we visit WDW.
My mom is going with me in a few months and she's been asking about shoes. I told her whatever she buys, to make sure she breaks it in before heading to WDW. And I had to LOL at your being caught in the casual shoes at work. I have a pair of sandals that are not as dressy as they should be, but they are adorable and I took a chance and wore them. Sure enough, our second in command, so to speak, caught me out front on my lunch hour.
Welcome to my PTR!! I think shoes really are important for a WDW vacation and you are right, they need to be broken in! Actually, I do a lot of walking in my daily life (I often walk to work which is 30 min brisk walking!) and go on hiking trips. But what I find tiring is the slow walking and standing. Having good supporting shoes are really important for standing in my opinion. So the teva mushs are more for going to the pool (and on Kali River Rapids) than for the parks. But what I liked about them is that they have some arch support!

I hope you have wonderful trip in September and will be looking forward to a report on AKL on that other thread!

Old 07-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #59
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Love the new shows and I especially love how excited you are about them. I wish I could do shoes like Teva's, but I can't do anything in between my toes

Sounds like it was a big adventure just to get the shoes but definitely sounds worthwhile!

Happy shoe wearing!!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #60
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome to my PTR!! I think shoes really are important for a WDW vacation and you are right, they need to be broken in! Actually, I do a lot of walking in my daily life (I often walk to work which is 30 min brisk walking!) and go on hiking trips. But what I find tiring is the slow walking and standing. Having good supporting shoes are really important for standing in my opinion. So the teva mushs are more for going to the pool (and on Kali River Rapids) than for the parks. But what I liked about them is that they have some arch support!

I hope you have wonderful trip in September and will be looking forward to a report on AKL on that other thread!
I've been neglecting my other trip report - it's like it's too soon and I don't have enough time for it. Which makes no sense, but there you have it. I have wanted to stay at AKL ever since I knew such a place existed. My husband is pretty much a monorail resort kind of guy, so being there with just the girls and my mom is a perfect excuse to try it out.
And I agree that standing still is harder than walking.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: