Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #196
nodnol
Mouseketeer

You watched? You WATCHED? I can only remember that we agreed on opening it and checking the country code... But well, I guess it would have been really hard to stop watching once the dvd is running

nodnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:52 AM   #197
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oh goodness! Now you have me all in a tizzy as to what the 27th could mean. Jen is going to be in Disney too so I will have to make all my decisions on my own. That is scary.
Possibly nothing will happen on the 27th... I remember that at the beginning of August the DIS Unplugged podcast had talked about some new deal being released and there was a thread of people being glued to their computer for the whole day waiting for this deal and then nothing happened... But I am getting nervous, too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
YAY for Disney Mail!! I hope you have fun watching the DVD!!!!

I also can't be of much help to you I have never been to any of your +++ or ++ but I hope you get everything you want to get!!!

Ummm something big on 9/27...yup I'll be at Disney...but I'll just Leslie know to call me we can discuss whatever we need over the phone while I'm walking down Main Street LOL!
That sounds liek a lot of fun: planning your next trip while alking down Main Street. I am a little bit envious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Yeah for Disney Mail!!! How very thoughtfut of Brook to send it to you too! The DIS Family is surely nice, I tell ya!

Hmm..I'm starting to read more stuff about 9/27 so I wonder what it is? This is the day before we leave for our trip so if I have to make a major important decision (trip next year?) I surely won't have a lot of time!!

Have fun in NUE and I hope your parents move goes well! Lots of memories, I'm sure!

Heather
The DIS is really a very friendly and helpful community! I am trying not to get too excited about 9/27, possibly it is just a new deal for the end of this year and nothing for 2010 yet!

I am thinking of taking a few more pictures of Nuremberg in order to do the promised update on Nuremberg after that weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Yippee for mickey mail!! I love the planning DVD!! Enjoy!!!

Ok, now I have to go over to the rumor board! If they open up the 180 days on the 27th I need to get in gear and figure out our January ADR's!!
It's so nice to get that planning DVD. I really like the design with the balloons, too. I wonder what next year's theme will be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
You watched? You WATCHED? I can only remember that we agreed on opening it and checking the country code... But well, I guess it would have been really hard to stop watching once the dvd is running
Well, it played automatically and I could not get it to stop....
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #198
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Well, it played automatically and I could not get it to stop....

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #199
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Magdalene,

Computer problems have kept me off the DISboards most of this year. Just started posting a short while ago. Of course, I've been reading your PTR.

You and Katharina made an excellent choice for your resort.

Good luck with selecting just the right restaurants. My DH and I ate at Narcoossee's for the first time last December. I enjoyed it so much (the food and atmosphere) that I made ADRs for my DD and I for this December.

Kathy

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #200
tarak
DIS Veteran

Flossbolna - I hope the 27th brings a great deal for your trip!
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #201
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Floss- you watched the video without your sister?...I am shocked at such outrageous behaviour...well I guess if you couldn't get it to stop-your eyes couldn't help seeing...

I have no idea what is happening on the 27th but whatever it is I hope it means something good for everyone going...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:29 AM   #202
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

Quote:
I think it is wonderful that you are hosting an exchange student! Katharina and I both work as volunteers for an exchange organization here in Germany and we had several exchange students in our family! Katharina was an exchange student in Czechoslovakia and I was an exchange student in Denmark - many years ago! We found exchange to be an exciting experience! You are really offering him a very special experience with Christmas in WDW! I hope you have a fantastic time there! Are you planning on doing a PTR for that trip??
Yes, a pre-trip will be started just as soon as I wrap up the trip report that seems so be dragging on and on right now!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #203
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Magdalene,

Computer problems have kept me off the DISboards most of this year. Just started posting a short while ago. Of course, I've been reading your PTR.

You and Katharina made an excellent choice for your resort.

Good luck with selecting just the right restaurants. My DH and I ate at Narcoossee's for the first time last December. I enjoyed it so much (the food and atmosphere) that I made ADRs for my DD and I for this December.

Kathy
Kathy, welcome to my PTR!! I knew you would approve our choice of resort! I am so excited to stay at AKL again! I think one thing I really enjoy is the secluded feel: a world on its own!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
Flossbolna - I hope the 27th brings a great deal for your trip!
We will see, Katharina and I will be off to Nuremberg on Wednesday for my parents' moving house. We will see when we can get online to check...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Floss- you watched the video without your sister?...I am shocked at such outrageous behaviour...well I guess if you couldn't get it to stop-your eyes couldn't help seeing...

I have no idea what is happening on the 27th but whatever it is I hope it means something good for everyone going...
I am feeling sooo bad now, I guess I could have covered my eyes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Yes, a pre-trip will be started just as soon as I wrap up the trip report that seems so be dragging on and on right now!
I am looking forward to that! I started reading your TR, but was so much behind, that I felt I would never catch up... But I really enjoyed that start of it and it is on my list of DIS things to read on a rainy day!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 09-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #204
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Tour and Restaurant Shortlist

Ok, we have one planning decision that is newsworthy!! We had always planned on doing one guided tour while at WDW. I did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in 2008 and loved it! We had a few tours on our shortlist: Keys to the Kingdom (would have been a repeat for me and thatÄs why Katharina vetoed it), Dolphins in Depth (very pricey, but I love dolphins), Segways around the World (more about Segways than WDW and we can do Segway tours here in Berlin as well), Backstage Safari at AK (very animal focused) and Wild by Design at AK (background stories on the design of the park ).

And the winner is: Wild by Design!! I am very excited about that as I love AK, it is such a pretty park. For me it is the park that carries its theme best and hearing about details will be just the thing for me! I loved the "Imagineering Field Guide to Animal Kingdom" book and I expect the tour be like that but with actually being in the park. Katharina's main motivation was to experience a tour that really focusses on the park, not some other event. So, I think it will be a great experience. Now we just need to work it into our schedule.

Speaking of schedule, we have started to make a plan on what to do every day and became very confused. At least we seem to have a shortlist of restaurants, those are:

Kona Cafe (lunch on our first day after MK morning EMH, then walk over to the TTC and take the monorail to Epcot to get an overview of the park for K, that's the only pretty definite bit of plan we have so far)
Sci-Fi Dine-In (lunch)
California Grill
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Artist Point
Boma
Tusker House (breakfast definitely and possibly also lunch)
Narcoossee's
Jiko

As you see, we mainly have selected restaurants at resort hotels and most of then in the MK area!! I think this time I won't plan our meals around the parks so much. We will have quite a lot of time for the parks and will just enjoy the evenings with nice meals, wherever they are. The good thing is that this actually makes us much more flexible. I think, we won't have so many set parks, but just a schedule with choices for each day and will see where we want to go. On my recent trips I found out that somehow parks are more appealing in one trip than they were on others. 2007 my favourite park was DHS, 2008 it was AK and 2009 it was the MK.

Katharina and I will go to Nuremberg on Wednesday. As I wrote before, our parents are moving from the small town they used to live in to Nuremberg and we are both helping them getting unpacked in their new appartment. We will go by train, it's 4:20h on a very nice and modern high speed train. So we will have lots of time to talk Disney and get done some planning. So hopefully we can present you some real plans next week! And I will also pack the DVD, so K can watch it, too. And I am going to rent a DVD with Donald shorts to take with us!! As you see, lots of Disney planning going on!

Last edited by Flossbolna; 09-21-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #205
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

There is not a bad restaurant in that bunch......they are all good in different ways...I think you will be pleased...

Wild By Design should be a fabulous tour.......I'm with you on the Animal Kingdom-I just think it is such an interesting park-very well designed (The Magic Kingdom is my sentimental favorite but the AK is my favorite for the uniqueness of it, the design elements...)...I can't wait to hear what you learn on your tour...

I'm glad K is going to get to see the planning video...

(Does the DVD show some of the old Donald cartoons from the '30s and '40s-those are some of the best...-I love Donald-he's got so much personality...

Good luck with your parents in Nuremberg...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #206
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Your restaurant choices sound fabulous! It will be very nice for both of you to take things slow; you will have so much more time to enjoy AKL!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 33/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #207
tarak
DIS Veteran

I think your plans sound great. I'm hoping to just enjoy the resort more than the parks, to be honest. Although I'm really looking forward to AK - we didn't go at all the last time. The first time around, the kids were cranky and didn't want to walk at all and I was 4 months pregnant and... cranky, too, if I'm honest.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #208
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Great plans!! All of those are great restaurants! You'll definitely be eating well on your trip!!

I think the Wild By Design tour sounds wonderful! DH and I did Keys to the Kingdom in March and loved it!!! On our trip in March of 08 DH and I were supposed to do it together for his birthday BUT my boys both got sick and I ended up sending FIL in my place! I was worried about DH not enjoying it the second time around but he said it was still great and he learned a whole bunch more stuff!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #209
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Yum! Such tasty choices in dinning! Some we've been to and some not. Can't wait to hear all of your reviews. I think your tour sounds awesome!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:45 AM   #210
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
There is not a bad restaurant in that bunch......they are all good in different ways...I think you will be pleased...

Wild By Design should be a fabulous tour.......I'm with you on the Animal Kingdom-I just think it is such an interesting park-very well designed (The Magic Kingdom is my sentimental favorite but the AK is my favorite for the uniqueness of it, the design elements...)...I can't wait to hear what you learn on your tour...

I'm glad K is going to get to see the planning video...

(Does the DVD show some of the old Donald cartoons from the '30s and '40s-those are some of the best...-I love Donald-he's got so much personality...

Good luck with your parents in Nuremberg...
We have a lot of signature retaurants in our list, but on recent trips I really found those much better. And we are still lucky with the way the exchange rate is at the moment. That makes it much more affordable for us. It can go into free fall on February 6

The DVD has 5:40h Donald from the 30s and 40s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Your restaurant choices sound fabulous! It will be very nice for both of you to take things slow; you will have so much more time to enjoy AKL!
We really need to built in some time to enjoy our resort!! I want to do the cultural safari one night, I love hearing about Africa! And I would love to the culinary tour as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
I think your plans sound great. I'm hoping to just enjoy the resort more than the parks, to be honest. Although I'm really looking forward to AK - we didn't go at all the last time. The first time around, the kids were cranky and didn't want to walk at all and I was 4 months pregnant and... cranky, too, if I'm honest.
I can understand that AK is a park that makes people cranky. It feels rather crowded very easily. I think part of it is due to it having so much dense greenery around you, so there aren't a lot of long sightlines. Might be a good question to ask on the Wild on Design tour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Great plans!! All of those are great restaurants! You'll definitely be eating well on your trip!!

I think the Wild By Design tour sounds wonderful! DH and I did Keys to the Kingdom in March and loved it!!! On our trip in March of 08 DH and I were supposed to do it together for his birthday BUT my boys both got sick and I ended up sending FIL in my place! I was worried about DH not enjoying it the second time around but he said it was still great and he learned a whole bunch more stuff!
We are very excited about our restaurants! However, we are planning to split a lot of our meals, so that we can actually manage to enjoy them.

I kept telling Katharina that I was sure that I would enjoy KTTK a second time, but she insisted that we pick something new for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Yum! Such tasty choices in dinning! Some we've been to and some not. Can't wait to hear all of your reviews. I think your tour sounds awesome!
I am looking forward to the tour a lot - as well as to the meals. I really hope to make good use of that journal in order to write down notes. So far I have done all reviews from memory and sometimes really felt I could write more if I had notes...

Katharina and I saw UP yesterday at the cinema and loved it. It just was released here in Germany last Thursday. It really is annoying having to wait so long for movies we want to see until they finally are released here in Germany... But the wait was well worth it! What a loveable film! Now we just have to decide wether we want to see it again and this time in 3D. We had the choice to either see it in its original language in 2D or dubbed into German in 3D.

We are both off to Nuremberg tonight...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: