Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Melissa07090
Earning My Ears

Staying offsite - can we visit and do things at Disney Resorts

We will be staying at Bonnet Creek for our honeymoon and were wondering if since we weren't staying on Disney property, whether we were able to visit, dine, and do some of the things on the different Disney properties. One of the things we We were interested in was the Halloween Carriage rides at the Wilderness Campground.
Melissa07090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Papa Deuce
BBQ loving, fantasy football playin,' DJ.

I can't speak to that attraction, but sure you can visit the resorts. I am far from a Disney expert, but we have visited a few resorts when staying off site. In fact, we have never stayed onsite.

I forget which resort has it, but we went to Beaches and Cream last visit, and will be going again next week.

Papa Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Absolutely! We were there Christmas and wanted to tour all the hotels (at least the ones on the monorail and the ferry) to see the decorations. We made breakfast reservations for Kona. After eating there, we took the monorail and ferry to see all of the deluxe hotels and did some shopping in the different hotel gift shops.We also made reservations at Boma one morning and toured AKL. We had a great time! There's no charge for parking (you may need your reservation number, but we didn't).

Last edited by horseshowmom; 06-19-2009 at 05:52 PM.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
goin2disneyagain
AKL- A WILD place to visit!
A new tag
Secretly has the hots for Tom Cru...Brokaw
TF will ensure you won't have the hots for Tom Cruise because the TF has the hots for him

We just returned home last night from an offsite stay and we visited onsite resorts with no trouble.
goin2disneyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:23 AM   #5
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

As long as you don't use the pools,Disney will be more than happy for you to go check out the other resorts and of course spend money eating and shopping there.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
goin2disneyagain
AKL- A WILD place to visit!
A new tag
Secretly has the hots for Tom Cru...Brokaw
TF will ensure you won't have the hots for Tom Cruise because the TF has the hots for him

Disney wants you to visit the resorts because they want you to come spend money being shopping and eating. They also want you to like the resorts so you choose to stay onsite next time.
goin2disneyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa07090 View Post
We will be staying at Bonnet Creek for our honeymoon and were wondering if since we weren't staying on Disney property, whether we were able to visit, dine, and do some of the things on the different Disney properties. One of the things we We were interested in was the Halloween Carriage rides at the Wilderness Campground.
really think you can do the Halloween Carriage rides at Fort Wilderness Campground - they should be a phone number to call them

now if the place you go is near the kennel - that is fine. You can drive there - but if at or near the settlement - you need to take their bus -- so be prepared to do that (so leave enough time)

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
palavra
DIS Veteran

I'm counting on it because we are going to be offsite at thanksgiving, and I've always wanted to see the decorations at some of the Disney resorts. We do want to eat one meal at a resort as well.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
jlp879
Mouseketeer

You will be able to enjoy all parts of the Disney properties except swimming pools. However, since resort dining is popular, book your dining reservations as soon as you know. I'd also prebook the carriage ride, if possible.
jlp879 is offline   Reply With Quote