Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #136
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Great update. Awesome pictures too. You know, in all the trips we have made, never once have we gone over to the island. I think it is about time!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 07-11-2009, 01:01 AM   #137
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

I did start another update tonight and I'm hopping to get a few minutes this weekend to finish it up. It should have at least 200 pictures when it's done. Stay tuned. Hopefully Sat night or Sunday at the latest. I guess I better start uploading!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #138
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

200 more pictures......YAY
Old 07-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #139
tractortippin
Mouseketeer

Still reading!

I think thats fun that your DW joined in on the report I'm trying to get my DH addicted to the boards!

Love all the pictures! I was thinking I might like some Beach Club DVC points and your pictures are convincing me even more!

Looking forward to more!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #140
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Great pictures at Chief Mickeys, I need to add it to my list for 2010, (2009 list is filled up).
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 07-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #141
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Well, it’s now day 5 of our 10 day trip, so who’s getting bored? Not me! I’m really enjoying writing this report because it’s not always easy to remember everything after you get home. Not only do I get to share this with you guys, I also get to look at all these pictures and pretend that we are all back there again. Man do I miss the Beach House! So anyways, here we go.

We all wake up around 9:30 and grab a bite to eat in our room, thank you again Garden Grocer! It’s up to the kids for where we are heading and they go for the Magic Hat! So, off to the ferry we head but first, we need to admire the topography.

Thank you goes to the gentleman taking the group shot!
We head over to the dock and have a few minutes to take in the views (and take some pictures!)

MomMom Ginny smiles for the camera and wonders just how many pictures I will end up with by Tuesday…..little does she know!

We had heard rumors that Spoodles was to be replaced and noticed These gentlemen putting up a canvas sign.

Granted the sign was of Spoodles but it also looked removable, so I guess it could go either way at this point.

The watercraft looked tempting but that’s not why we came to Disney!

My dream job……

I swore I’d get to do this before we left but it just wasn’t in the cards. Looks like a good time doesn’t it? I see a photo op for at least another hundred pictures or so!

Oh well, I guess there’s always next year! And here comes our ride for this morning.

Is this guy not the definition of cool or what?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #142
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

More, more, more! I'm loving this trip report.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
Old 07-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #143
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Our Captain gets us to the Studios safe and sound. We stroll down the Blvd and I just can’t take it all in fast enough. Everything is so perfect…..have I mentioned that before? I know I’m going to make an attempt at a trip report when I get home, so I start snapping some random pictures.

We check the board for Toy Story Mania and it says there’s a 60 min wait. We took an oath that we would absolutely, no ifs, ands, or buts get to ride TSM. Last year the wait times were always too long so we missed out every time we tried. We head over to see if maybe the board was wrong.

Well, it was but not in our favor. 70 minutes is just too long to wait for right now. Apparently, the ride has tight security restrictions. There were guards out front protecting the perimeter. We went over and said hi and made a promise that we’d be back. Oh yes, we will be back

Another attraction that we (I) wanted to see, because we missed it last year, was the Studio Backlot Tour. There were things everywhere to see and I tried to get a picture of everything but when you are with a group and in the middle of the line, you do what you can. I’d say I got a good amount……..

Notice the fire truck Ĺ way in and Ĺ out of the building?

Posters hanging outside

PIRATES!!!!

The queue

Old 07-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #144
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

The water scene. This is where they had 4 volunteers come out and reenact a scene from Pearl Harbor. It was pretty cool to see a taste on how a movie is put together. When itís done they show the movie they just made and it really isnít all that bad.

These guys have the easy job, (I thought it was a cool pic also.)

Iím not too sure this guy knew what he was getting into when he signed up.

Now his job is to stay talking on the phone and pretend heís in an engine room on a ship. Oh yea, and thereís a huge wave of water coming at his head since his ship was just hit.

The other guys are hanging out on the deck of their boat

When suddenly, they come under attack

For not being real actors they did a pretty good job.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #145
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

After you see the movie all put together, you walk over to the Prop Warehouse. If you need it for a movie, itís probably in there.

Like I said before, I had to keep up with the lines while taking pictures. Thereís so much stuff in there it would take 2 hrs to see every little thing by yourself. After the walkthrough of the warehouse you step outside for the tramcar.

While waiting for our car, I thought this was different so I snapped one of it.

I was on the right of our car but Iíd say the left would have been better for pictures.
Hereís Herby aka Ocho.

Some planes from the Pearl Harbor movie

Old 07-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #146
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

The iconic water tower

Inside where they make some costumes and props

Here’s the bone yard

Herby when he splits in half in the movie

Mohave Oil. I don’t know what it’s from but I saw it a lot on the tour.

This was my FAVORITE part of the tour. Seriously, I almost jumped off the tram so I could just go over and touch it.

If you are looking at it and scratching your head, it’s from FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR! I loved that movie growing up. I was about the same age as David and thought it would be so cool to ride in the UFO. I had no idea it was on the tour so when I saw it I jumped up pointing and going ooohhh!!! OOOOHHHH!!!! LOOK!!!! People were looking at me like I had two heads but it was like I just met my favorite movie star! I know. I’m 30 but in a spit second I was 8 again!

Moving on….

Last edited by NateNLogansDad; 07-13-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #147
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Hereís the highlight of the tram tour. Iíll post some pics but you need to see it for yourself to understand whatís going on.

Look at the face!

Back through the bone yard

Hereís the back of the set from the highlight pictures I showed you.

If I remember correctly, this is the plane Walt and some of the imagineers would use when scouting out land to buy in FL. Please feel free to chime in if Iím wrong, I know I was amazed when I saw it.

On the way back, we passed by the stunt show.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #148
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Tram ride over, we head to the next leg of the tour, the AFI. The American Film Institute Showcase. Inside they have props, costumes, and awards from different movies that can be recognized by just about anyone who owns a television. I wish I had more pics from inside, but then again, I guess itís good to leave some of it a surprise for those who have not yet seen it. Hereís a taste.

Outside the power rangers were about to take a break but we waved and moved on

Mommom Ginny humored me with a Singing In The Rain shot.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #149
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

I walked around taking shots like Joe Tourist trying to capture mostly everything I saw, with the sole purpose of posting them on my report when I got home. I know there are a lot of people who hold the Studios up there as being the best park out of all four, so for you I give you these. If there is one person who closes their eyes and pretends they are there so their day gets better, than it was worth it to me.

These two, on the other hand, were taken for meÖ..but I donít mind sharing. I donít know what it is about this fountain but I really do like it. Iím not saying it wasnít done up enough, because it really is nice, maybe itís because I was raised watching the Muppets and maybe I sometimes miss being that young again. Whatever it is, I just need to take another picture every time I see it.

By now itís right around 1:00 and we are looking for some grub. Logan is always up for pizza and what luck

For those of you who have never been there, itís a Quick Service credit on the dinning plan and thereís a pay as you go arcade thatís pretty cool. The boys loved it because, well, they are boys, TinaÖ.not so much. Girls just arenít always into video games. I know, I donít get it either. Hereís some pics of the restraint part. Sorry, I didnít take any of the gamesÖÖitís hard to do while youíre playing them!

Old 07-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #150
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

After lunch we ran into two more movie stars, Mader and Lightning!

The lines were a little long and not moving that fast, so we stole a shot and kept it moving. Tina got a tip on where we could run into some famous faces without too long of a line, so we headed over to Disney Animation! Along the way I had the camera rolling.

I wanted to stop by One Manís Dream but I was told that if I was good, Iíd be able to go in by myself later for as long as I liked. That kept me in line for a while! Finally we find it.

We had a few minutes to waste before the next show started and I thought it odd that the posters outside were in another language, so what did I do? PsssstttÖ..remember the title of the Trip Report? Thatís right, I took pictures of them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: