Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #136
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

All girls trip planned here for September with free dining!! Can't wait to go back!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #137
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhitesmom View Post
Amen, sister! I grew up with a pitcher of sweet tea ALWAYS ready in the fridge - and still have it there now - if my kids ask for "sweet tea" in a restaurant north of the Mason Dixon, the server looks at them like they have three heads! And adding the sugar to "iced tea" isn't the same - it has to be added while the tea is still hot, or it doesn't taste the same - anyhoo - enough with the sweet tea lecture - carry on!
Totally agree - when you add sugar to iced tea it just sits at the bottom of the glass. Yuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
I'd like to wish everyone who is on there way to Pop soon a good trip! Please share with us all the details when you get back.

Counting down for our family trip in Nov/Dec!

We're leaving in a week and a half
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #138
heartsy77
New BCV DVC owner!

Wow a new chapter how exciting!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 PM   #139
tlcdoula
Mouseketeer

Shampoo & Conditioner?

Just curious if there is still only the 2 in 1 shampoo/cond available at pop?

It is great for the boys but not so great for my long curly/frizzy hair LOL

tlc

Pop Century August 30-Sept 8 2009
Disneyland November 2007
Old 06-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #140
MsCoz2000
NJ Shore Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcdoula View Post
Just curious if there is still only the 2 in 1 shampoo/cond available at pop?

It is great for the boys but not so great for my long curly/frizzy hair LOL

tlc
Oh yes it's still there... Bleh you def. want to bring your own.
March '09 (POP) July '09 (POP) Sept/Oct '09 (POP & Bonnet Creek) Nov '09 (POP) Feb '10 (Offsite) Sept/Oct '10 (Bonnet Creek) Dec '10 (Yacht Club) March '11 (YC & Bonnet Creek) April '12 (Bonnet Creek) April '13 (Bonnet Creek) Sept/Oct '14 (Bonnet Creek)

Successfully Drank around the World!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:03 AM   #141
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
That's just a sweetened brand, not authentic sweet tea - for someone who grew up on real sweet tea, the chains are awful!! And real sweet tea is never flavored. That would be considered - of all things..a flavored iced tea!!
Well, I brew mint in my sweet tea in the summer, I think that's quintessentially southern! I'm with ya', can't stand the fake stuff! But Hardee's and Bojangles make a decent tea!

17 hours, 6 minutes, 42 seconds, until check in at POP, but who's counting?

If I make some "posters" on card stock, what would be the best way to put them up? Thanks! I am so glad the kiddie pool is back in commission!

Last edited by flipflopmom; 06-24-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #142
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopmom View Post
Well, I brew mint in my sweet tea in the summer, I think that's quintessentially southern! I'm with ya', can't stand the fake stuff! But Hardee's and Bojangles make a decent tea!

If I make some "posters" on card stock, what would be the best way to put them up? Thanks! I am so glad the kiddie pool is back in commission!
Gee, wonder who???? Maybe someone will have a good idea, but might want to stay away from tape b/c that was one of the no-no's that caused the no decoration announcement by Disney Resorts. Could make window clings instead? I know it is a different effect. If you're planning on hanging it on the door, how about one of those door hangers for wreaths and such - $1 at the dollar store. Or for a window )although it would block the light) suction cups - you could attach string to the poster board and hang it on the hooks.

Have fun!!!

(I don't why Disney has gotten so fussy, since they do minimal cleaning now anyway....well, maybe that is why!! )

Old 06-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #143
marciemi
Proud Redhead
I'm just going with what I said!
Guaranteed visible from the space shuttle!

Sticky tack. It's the white stuff that kind of looks like clay (but doesn't stain or leave marks) designed for holding up posters. It would work on the door or window. You can get it at any hardware store or drugstore (CVS) or places like Walmart. Usually about $2 for a pack, which would be more than enough for a trip.

Plus it's great for the kids to use to play with in line and on the plane. We first bought it for a trip when my kids were 1-4 (long drive out to NY). It stretches, so they could use it like clay on the car windows, play tic-tac-toe, mold things out of it and then just crush it all back into a ball which they could keep in their pocket. We've never gone on another trip without it, and even now my 17 year old senior says it's the only way he gets through his most boring classes!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #144
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

I see others answered, but no tape.
You could attach magnets to the back and hang them on the door though
Old 06-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #145
WDW1st-timers
In Love with MetallicA
Would you like that in Canadian or American funds?

I have some say that Magnets pull the paint off the doors. I just wanted to let you know by personal experience that I have gone to POP 3 times and have always used a ton of magnets on the door and I have never had a problem. I think that is the safest way to hang stuff on the door.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #146
MidgeD79
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a picture of the kiddie pool?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #147
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:

Another idea is buy the heavy duty clips with magnet backs in the office supply area at Walmart. I think it's a $1.19 per two clips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemi View Post
Sticky tack. It's the white stuff that kind of looks like clay (but doesn't stain or leave marks) designed for holding up posters. It would work on the door or window. You can get it at any hardware store or drugstore (CVS) or places like Walmart. Usually about $2 for a pack, which would be more than enough for a trip.

Plus it's great for the kids to use to play with in line and on the plane. We first bought it for a trip when my kids were 1-4 (long drive out to NY). It stretches, so they could use it like clay on the car windows, play tic-tac-toe, mold things out of it and then just crush it all back into a ball which they could keep in their pocket. We've never gone on another trip without it, and even now my 17 year old senior says it's the only way he gets through his most boring classes!
That sounds like really cool stuff. Adding to my grocery list.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 06-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #148
lovemyboys2009
Earning My Ears

another question

Hi! I have yet another question.....I see that if you plan on taking the disney transportation from the airport you can have it so that they take your luggage....but it could take 3-4hours to get it? We arrive at 8:40pm and will be putting the boys to bed once we get there.....should we just get our own luggage or does it not really take that long to get it?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:02 PM   #149
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyboys2009 View Post
Hi! I have yet another question.....I see that if you plan on taking the disney transportation from the airport you can have it so that they take your luggage....but it could take 3-4hours to get it? We arrive at 8:40pm and will be putting the boys to bed once we get there.....should we just get our own luggage or does it not really take that long to get it?
Hmmm..never know if your flight will be delayed and the resorts do not deliver after 10 p.m. So to be safe I would take whatever you need for bedtime in a carry on. If you are traveling with DH (or a friend), one of you could go down to luggage storage and retrieve the luggage if you don't get it before 10 - but I'd still pack a carry-on with the bedtime needs.

If not delivered by 10, then it would be delivered the next day. I'd pick up my luggage at the airport so I could unpack and be all settled that night.
If you're going to pick up your luggage from baggage claim, remember not to put on the baggage tags Disney sends!

(p.s. never too many questions!)

Old 06-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #150
cheap traveler
DIS Veteran

Location: A tiny town not even on the map, between Albany and NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
We just got back yesterday and my boys played in the kiddie pool twice during the week. I noticed it was closed a couple mornings, but was always open when we got back in the afternoon.
: cool1:

So glad to hear that the pool is open again!!! My DDs have been asking weekly. I had to tell them it was closed in case it still was for our trip.

Thanks for the great new chapter!!

Me31 DD10 DD7
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: