Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #121
cuppycake
Official Disney Nut

OOHOHH! I wonder what you're doing RIGHT NOW?? I need to go check out your schedule and dream a little

Hope the two of you are having the most fantastic time ever!!!

DIS hugs

Lovers of WDW....lucky enough to visit every 1-2 years since our girls have been around....usually staying at Pop Century

DLP Nov 2012
Old 09-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #122
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

We're back! Yes our trip has come and gone and it is time to tell the tale! Grab a chair, join me!

Sunday August 23

After a relatively decent night's sleep, I remember waking around 3:30 but I did fall back, I awoke at 5:40am for good. I got up and having showered the night before just got myself dressed and ready. I woke Belle up and she did the same. Hurry and scurry but oh so quietly we got our things together. Our driver was supposed to come at 6:30am but I saw a white town car cruising our little side street at 6:15 so I figured it was him. He pulled out front and told us to take our time. We woke Bashful up to say goodbye, her request, and left a note for Goofy who had requested we not wake him up. Grumpy walked us out, we had our hugs and kisses and off we went!

Grumpy had offered to drive which was quite nice of him but I finally declined. Yes it would have saved $$$ but I felt like waking the other two kids up so early for an hour and a half ride to the airport (and then back!), to drop their sister off on a DISNEY trip was kind of cruel. So we let Driver Whatshisname take us. I never did catch his name. I will call him Speedy because he drove fast. Too fast. Made me nervous fast. I had those thoughts of "how bad would that be if we have been counting down to this day for so long and he wraps us around a tree?". Belle looked over at me a few times and I tried to be all "Yea, we are on our way to the airport, this is great!" because I didn't want her to pick up on my anxiety. She has a habit of doing that.

We arrived at Logan Airport with plenty of time to spare. Our flight was at 9:30am and it was I think only 7:30. Check in at Jet Blue was a piece of cake, I had printed our boarding passes at home. Security lines were quick moving and soon we were at our gate. We went to Dunkin Donuts as I knew I would soon be in the Land of Bad Coffee and got a juice and muffin for Belle and a bagel and iced coffee for me. Then we grabbed gum and a People magazine and plunked down in our waiting area. Side note: I don't think I've ever, ever taken a flight when I didn't have a People magazine with me. Maybe when I was a kid but since being a teen, I always fly with one.

I just love Jet Blue, they have a more relaxed feel and I think it rubs off on people. It seems people board and squish their junk where it needs to be a lot faster than on other airlines. By 9:15 we were all in our seats and Captain announced we were going to leave early! Yeah!

We spent the flight channel surfing on both the TV and the XM Radio. My favorite, favorite song was on (shout out to Matt Nathanson!).

We enjoyed snacks and soda and it was a lovely and uneventful flight. In no time, well 3 hours or so, we were landing in Orlando!

We opted for Magical Express this time so we headed down there after the Fake Monorail ride and checked in. The line was very short, especially compared to the line in January during Marathon weekend. I was feeling very happy at this point, just that giddy feeling you get when you arrive. As we had walked through the airport I was talking to Belle about how at the airport you have the arrivals who are so excited, their trip ahead of them a blank slate with no idea what is in store and then the departers who have large Disney bags, shirts, maybe even ears but have that dejected, sad and sometimes envious look on their face. We were happy to be in the first group right now.

We waited a little bit for ME, maybe 15 minutes? 20? It wasn't terribly bad. Got on and off we went. Pop was the first stop so that was quite nice.

Now I had done the online check in before we left. I had hemmed and hawed on this, like I do most things. I had asked my TA her thoughts. She said she had mixed feelings. She felt like unless they had a designated check in spot for it, it wasn't working so well according to some of her other clients. They still had to wait in a line to get to a CM for their packet. She thought if there was always a seperate place to do it then it might be better. I took my chances and am happy to report it worked great for us. Pop had several designated spots just for Online Check In and they were clearly marked. We went up and she produced our packet and showed us where our room was rather quickly. She knew it was Belle's birthday and made up her button.

We had asked for 70s or 80s and we got 70s. We were facing the lake and on the first floor, room 6159, pretty far down. We were behind the Mickey Phone. At first I thought I would not like first floor but in the end I liked it very much. It was nice not to do stairs or elevators all the time. While we were there there was contstruction going on by the Foosball players in front of our building so areas were roped off but we got to and from our room rather easily.

It was your standard Pop Room, nothing fancy but a nice place to rest your head and store your stuff for the week! And we had a towel animal to greet us!

We had packed some changes of clothing in our carryon and I wanted to change so I did. We freshened up and reveled in the fact that we were here!

Packed up the Baggalini and headed to Everything Pop! for a little lunch!

I do like this food court, it has a lot to offer. However I missed the slushies this time and it seemed like the dessert offerings were slimmed down since the last time I was here. I remember more variety in the past. According to my receipt it was 2:15 when we paid with our CS. Belle had Loaded Nachos, Chocolate Cake and a soda and I had Shrimp Lo Mein, Tie Dye Cheesecake and a Soda. If not for Free Dining this would have been $28!

We ate, watched a little Disney Channel and then headed to the Bus. We were looking for Epcot and lo and behold one showed up just moments after we got there. We had serious Bus Mojo this trip. I think Pop has really great buses. We never waited long. It really was great!

So off to Epcot we went. It would be our only trip there for the week. We had our email that would admit us to the Mickey Moms Club Party. But would we make it?

Stay Tuned!

Allyson
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #123
cuppycake
Official Disney Nut

Awesome! So excited to hear your trip report! Glad to hear that it was a good time.

This is making me even MORE excited about our upcoming trip!!! We love Pop as well....the first stop off of ME, the bus service, the Food court.....

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!

Welcome back.

Lovers of WDW....lucky enough to visit every 1-2 years since our girls have been around....usually staying at Pop Century

DLP Nov 2012
Old 09-03-2009, 05:17 AM   #124
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hurray, you're back!! Sounds like the trip is off to a great start! I love that giddy feeling that you get when you're finally there. Starts at the airport, builds in the fake monorail, gets stronger on Magical Express, even more at the check-in counter and then when you reach your room?? All out giddy-ness!

I wonder why Pop got rid of the slushies? Those were so good!

Thanks for the review of online check-in. I'm not sure if I'm going to try it or not b/c I have a specific request. We'll see.

Can't wait to hear about your evening at Epcot!

Old 09-03-2009, 06:00 AM   #125
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Great start Allyson!!! I'm sooo excited just reading this!!!! Love how your write, I feel like I was along for the ride!!!

Sounds like online checkin went well, I'm thinking about it for my upcoming trip but want to be sure we get what we requested. Hmm....sounds like it worked for you, though!!

And btw, we have WAY too much in common, LOVE that song by Matt Nathanson!! It's the first song on my iPod for my workout in the a.m.!! LOVE it!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #126
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Great start!! Seems like the traveling down was super easy, I love it when you have a smooth flight and can immerse yourself into the Disney Magic easily!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #127
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray!!! Your trip down to Orlando was so smooth!!!

You both look so excited to be at Disney!

That shrimp lo mein looks delicious!!!

I do hope you make it to the Illuminations party!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #128
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

yay!! The party has started!!

great 1st chapter! I can hardly wait to hear all about your Epcot adventure...and the mom's club thing

Paula
Old 09-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #129
Happydog
DIS Veteran

OH I hope you had a wonderful time!! How great!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!! Loved that you had luck with the busses!! What a perk your first day there!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 09-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #130
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

JetBlue is fantastic. Love the inflight television.

I fly with People, InTouch, and OK!

I'm hoping you made it to the party.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #131
Quacktatty
DIS Veteran

Great start! Good to hear that you liked POP and that online check-in went smoothly, I'll be trying both in October.
Previous Trips: DL and WDW numerous times on and off-site as a child, 1999 High School trip to WDW, played on stage at Cosmic Ray's and in DTD. 3/03 - 1 Day in MK, 10/03 - ASMovies, 1/07 - 7 nights POFQ, 9/08 - 6 nights AKL, 10/09 - 10 nights POP/AKL, 5/10 - 5 nights POFQ, 10/10 - 7 nights AKL, 11/11 - 5 nights DLR (HoJo)

Trip Reports: May 2010, October 2009, September 2008, January 2007

Dining Reviews:October 2010, May 2010, October 2009, September 2008

Old 09-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #132
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Can't wait for more!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #133
MrsSpratt
I've got a Bazooka full of Pixie Dust, and I'm not afraid to use it!

YAY!

I've cried through the 1/2 marathon, I've cheered that you were on your way, AND NOW YOU"VE STARTED! YAY!

Mrs. Spratt

The "Bueller" Family hits the world, with Auntie Spratt reporting Pixie Dust LIVE!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215281
Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #134
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm subbing on...

I love that you are taking Belle on a birthday trip -just the two of you... I think that mom-daughter stuff is great... I have a 14 soon to be 15 year old and I love doing lunch and shopping or a movie... so I imagine a whole trip would really be fun...

I was so excited to read about your half marathon at Disney...I am in the process of making some "lifestyle changes" and would love to be able to someday do the half marathon...I can't imagine a more fun place to do that...

(I love how you talked about you you started out with a 5k and built up...it gives me hope...in fact I'm going to copy your story and but it in an inspiration binder I'm making and everytime I feel lazy or want a piece of cake...it will make me rethink that...Thanks you brought a big smile to my face...

I also can't wait to read more about your trip...
Old 09-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #135
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppycake View Post
Awesome! So excited to hear your trip report! Glad to hear that it was a good time.

This is making me even MORE excited about our upcoming trip!!! We love Pop as well....the first stop off of ME, the bus service, the Food court.....

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!

Welcome back.
There is much to love about Pop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Hurray, you're back!! Sounds like the trip is off to a great start! I love that giddy feeling that you get when you're finally there. Starts at the airport, builds in the fake monorail, gets stronger on Magical Express, even more at the check-in counter and then when you reach your room?? All out giddy-ness!

I wonder why Pop got rid of the slushies? Those were so good!

Thanks for the review of online check-in. I'm not sure if I'm going to try it or not b/c I have a specific request. We'll see.

Can't wait to hear about your evening at Epcot!
I suppose if you are dead set on something as a request the online check in would be a gamble. Where we didn't care really too much I took the chance. I can't imagine why lose the slushies? Were they that much more expensive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Great start Allyson!!! I'm sooo excited just reading this!!!! Love how your write, I feel like I was along for the ride!!!

Sounds like online checkin went well, I'm thinking about it for my upcoming trip but want to be sure we get what we requested. Hmm....sounds like it worked for you, though!!

And btw, we have WAY too much in common, LOVE that song by Matt Nathanson!! It's the first song on my iPod for my workout in the a.m.!! LOVE it!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!
That song, well oooh I get flush when I hear it! LOL! Grumpy can't STAND it! Maybe because I play it so much. And it is my ringtone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Great start!! Seems like the traveling down was super easy, I love it when you have a smooth flight and can immerse yourself into the Disney Magic easily!
Yes it does make it a nice transition when things go well at the airport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray!!! Your trip down to Orlando was so smooth!!!

You both look so excited to be at Disney!

That shrimp lo mein looks delicious!!!

I do hope you make it to the Illuminations party!
I LOVE that shrimp lo mein. I've gotton it each time we've been to Pop. Kind of a staple for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
yay!! The party has started!!

great 1st chapter! I can hardly wait to hear all about your Epcot adventure...and the mom's club thing

Paula
How is your foot feeling? Hope you are on the mend before your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
OH I hope you had a wonderful time!! How great!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!! Loved that you had luck with the busses!! What a perk your first day there!
We had luck with busses all week baby! Well except for once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
JetBlue is fantastic. Love the inflight television.

I fly with People, InTouch, and OK!

I'm hoping you made it to the party.
It really is my new favorite airline. I can't think of one bad thing about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacktatty View Post
Great start! Good to hear that you liked POP and that online check-in went smoothly, I'll be trying both in October.
You'll enjoy Pop, it was our third stay and it is fun. It can be loud in the common areas, it is kind of overstimulating (the colors, stuff everywhere, noisy at times in the food court) but I think for a Value it offers a nice place to stay with a definate Disney feel and great bus service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boysrus View Post
Sounds like you're off to a great start! Can't wait for more!
Coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpratt View Post
YAY!

I've cried through the 1/2 marathon, I've cheered that you were on your way, AND NOW YOU"VE STARTED! YAY!

Mrs. Spratt
Awww, you are too sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hi, I'm subbing on...

I love that you are taking Belle on a birthday trip -just the two of you... I think that mom-daughter stuff is great... I have a 14 soon to be 15 year old and I love doing lunch and shopping or a movie... so I imagine a whole trip would really be fun...

I was so excited to read about your half marathon at Disney...I am in the process of making some "lifestyle changes" and would love to be able to someday do the half marathon...I can't imagine a more fun place to do that...

(I love how you talked about you you started out with a 5k and built up...it gives me hope...in fact I'm going to copy your story and but it in an inspiration binder I'm making and everytime I feel lazy or want a piece of cake...it will make me rethink that...Thanks you brought a big smile to my face...

I also can't wait to read more about your trip...
I firmly believe Disney is a great place for anyone's first big race. There is such motivation, especially for Disney lovers! What other place would keep you on track with training? There wasn't another place for me. The idea of running down Main Street and through that Castle made me keep going. Stick with it! You CAN do it!

And in the words of the WISH board here on the DIS

Dead Last Finish is Greater Than Did Not Finish Which Greatly Trumps Did Not Start.

The rest of Day One coming right up!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: