Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #91
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

My first reply about the marathon got sandwiched between your two posts, but here's my reply for your trip planning!

I so understand what you mean about Belle turning twelve -- as you know, Chelsea just turned twelve this past month, and I swear everytime I look at her, she has changed a little bit more! How can we slow this growing up thing down???

You are going to have such a great time in just three short weeks! I really can't wait to read all about it when you return!

I am on FB -- I will PM you my name!
Old 08-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #92
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I loved your marathon post. Like Jackie, it made me a little misty. What an accomplishment. The pics with the characters are terrific. What a once in a lifetime experience (actually - will you run it again?). You have me seriously thinking about it. Like you, if there's anything I'll run for it would be Disney. No way I'd run past Capt Jack, though.

So, so, so super excited for your trip. I know it's going to be great. I'm especially anxious to hear about Discovery Cove. It sounds amazing.

Yeah for the taxi. I think it's worth it. Belle will survive. So glad she agreed to one set of matching shirts (cute that she has a limit!). Have you picked a design?

Your trip is 18 days away!!

Oh and not on FB but you and others are making it sound awfully tempting. I've resisted thus far as I don't need another online addiction but it does sound fun...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #93
Happydog
DIS Veteran

OKAY LADY THAT was just awesome. I love the story on the race, I am so excited to see someone do that, someone who isn't a queen runner by birth! That is just great, and I am seriously looking at the race in March... ANYway, I was really inspired by your TR! NOW on to your PTR, it is getting close how cool is that!!?? I am thrilled for you! I loved making Tee shirts, btw, for my kids, I am hooked!

A great thing to do with your daughter as she makes this change into middle school. It will be a memory keeper for sure. I love the idea of solo trip with each child.

The taxi seems like a good plan afterall, so do it! Get that Disney magic started as soon as you can

Looking forward to your next update as always!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 08-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #94
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I've been way behind.

But I finally caught up this morning. I was teary eyed reading about your 1/2 Marathon experience. I'd really really like to do that someday but don't know if I could ever get myself motivated enough. Sigh.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #95
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, Allyson, I was all misty-eyed while I was reading this update! You ROCK! I am also super jealous of your very cool character pics in the Magic Kingdom! What an experience!
Awww, thanks! It was an experience and one I won't ever forget. Got the medal to prove it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
WOW....I have chills just from reading about the end of your race!!!! I'm so impressed and so proud of you!!! Thanks for sharing and great time!!! Do you plan to do it again?

Happy birthday to Belle!!! I hear you on time going by too fast....my oldest will be 7 this Fall and going into 1st grade.....I Just can't believe that he's that old already....time is going by so quickly and on a daily basis, it's easy to just wish the time would speed up. I hope you have such a wonderful experience with her on this trip, I'm sure you will both cherish that time.

Btw, I'm on FB! LOVE IT, almost as much as DIS!! Will send you my name PM....be on the lookout!!
I would like to do it again. I told Grumpy maybe 2011? I even said "what do you think about the full?" That would be ambitious but I would love to do the Half again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
My first reply about the marathon got sandwiched between your two posts, but here's my reply for your trip planning!

I so understand what you mean about Belle turning twelve -- as you know, Chelsea just turned twelve this past month, and I swear everytime I look at her, she has changed a little bit more! How can we slow this growing up thing down???

You are going to have such a great time in just three short weeks! I really can't wait to read all about it when you return!

I am on FB -- I will PM you my name!
It zooms by! She is a bit nervous, she is going into the Jr/Sr High this year. Going from being the oldest in the school as a 6th grader to being the baby of the school as a 7th grader. I think it is going to be a whole new world for her. If you figure out how to slow it down let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I loved your marathon post. Like Jackie, it made me a little misty. What an accomplishment. The pics with the characters are terrific. What a once in a lifetime experience (actually - will you run it again?). You have me seriously thinking about it. Like you, if there's anything I'll run for it would be Disney. No way I'd run past Capt Jack, though.

So, so, so super excited for your trip. I know it's going to be great. I'm especially anxious to hear about Discovery Cove. It sounds amazing.

Yeah for the taxi. I think it's worth it. Belle will survive. So glad she agreed to one set of matching shirts (cute that she has a limit!). Have you picked a design?

Your trip is 18 days away!!

Oh and not on FB but you and others are making it sound awfully tempting. I've resisted thus far as I don't need another online addiction but it does sound fun...
I highly encourage you to do it. If it had been any other race I honestly don't know if I would have stuck with the training and life style change but it was DISNEY. I think it is a great first big race for anyone and it is one heck of a carrot to hang out there for yourself. Yeah we should have stopped for Capt Jack but he had a line and we just had to keep moving, next time, always a next time!

No design on the shirt yet but I did buy the transfers so I am slowly getting to it. She and I need to do a little searching for what we want!

And so glad we conviced you to come to the dark side and join FB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
OKAY LADY THAT was just awesome. I love the story on the race, I am so excited to see someone do that, someone who isn't a queen runner by birth! That is just great, and I am seriously looking at the race in March... ANYway, I was really inspired by your TR! NOW on to your PTR, it is getting close how cool is that!!?? I am thrilled for you! I loved making Tee shirts, btw, for my kids, I am hooked!

A great thing to do with your daughter as she makes this change into middle school. It will be a memory keeper for sure. I love the idea of solo trip with each child.

The taxi seems like a good plan afterall, so do it! Get that Disney magic started as soon as you can

Looking forward to your next update as always!
No queen runner here, not even close! It is really doable for anyone I think though. If you put in the steps and are consistant with your training, stick with it, start small (I think this is a BIG one personally, if you start out doing too much too fast, you'll just give up, I really believe that. Start small and celebrate small victories and it will encourage you to keep going!) you can do it, anyone can. And it feels so good to be able to say you've run a Half Marathon! Go to the WISH board here on the DIS. You'll find other runners/walkers of all levels and folks training for the March race. It is an inspiring place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I've been way behind.

But I finally caught up this morning. I was teary eyed reading about your 1/2 Marathon experience. I'd really really like to do that someday but don't know if I could ever get myself motivated enough. Sigh.
See above, you can do it! You can, you really can. You just need to want it and take baby steps. Don't doubt yourself, believe in yourself!

Allyson
Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #96
MomofCKJ

12 Days! Yes that's right, 12 Days! Holy Guacamole, how did that happen?

So we are in the final stretch. Have not yet started packing but will dig out suitcases soon. Need to assess the toiletry situation. I did pick up some blister things the other day at the store. We have some ponchos left from the last trip, need a few more though, they are just the cheapy disposable ones from Walmart. On a somewhat related note I am thrilled that it is an El Nino year! Gosh we have not heard a peep about Atlantic Hurricanes. Watch, I probably just jinxed the whole East coast but really, it has been a quiet year. Last year I went on my solo trip the same time and I was frantic each day at the NOAA website checking on this storm and that. This year, nothing. I am happy. After the monsoon of TS Fay during last year's trip I would be thrilled to just have afternoon T storms to deal with this year.

We have these ready to go from my solo trip, I didn't come close to finishing them:

And Belle printed these for us to use for servers at our ADRs as well as Mousekeeping:

We got the "Have a great trip" email from our TA and it is just really a matter of waiting and packing now! I also got an email from the Mickey Moms Club last night, who is a member of that? I bet some of you must be! Anyway they are having an Illuminations viewing party on 8/23! And we are there on 8/23 and planned to be at Epcot that night so I RSVPd that we will attend! No idea what it will include but it will be fun to have a little soiree to attend.

So our itinerary looks like this:

Sunday--Arrival and Epcot
Monday--Discovery Cove/DTD
Tuesday--Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom
Wednesday--Magic Kingdom
Thursday--Sea World
Friday--DHS/Magic Kingdom
Saturday---Pool and departure

I'll let you in our must do's next update! And what did we do post marathon on that last trip?

Allyson

Last edited by MomofCKJ; 08-11-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #97
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, I am so excited you get to attend the Illuminations party! I was hoping someone would do it and bring back a full report!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #98
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

WOW 12 days!!!! I can't believe it! Time is flying by, seems like you're in good shape with things. And I'll pray you didn't just jinx us weather wise!! LOL!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #99
cuppycake
Official Disney Nut

Oh Allyson!! What an amazing experience you had with the race!! I'm soooo proud of you, and totally inspired! I've been considering doing a 1/2 marathon, and really, it would be soooooo amazing to do it at Disney! I seriuosly had tears reading that...how incredible!! Now I have a reason to keep on training (I'll be doing a couple of 5Ks this fall...I haven't really ran since my girls were born! Hubby and I did the Army 10 miler in DC, and it was so fun).

Thanks for the great report on your experience.

Your trip is getting so close now! I love that you're doing this with your daughter and hope that you have the time of your lives!

Lovers of WDW....lucky enough to visit every 1-2 years since our girls have been around....usually staying at Pop Century

DLP Nov 2012
Old 08-13-2009, 05:53 AM   #100
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

10 days! Tomorrow you will be single digit dancing!! It has gone by so fast. I bet you guys are super excited. I'd love to pull my suitcase out but think 40+ days may be a little too early.

How cool about the Mickey Moms Illuminations party. I can't wait to hear about that. I'm sure it will be fun!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #101
askelton
Disney Cosmo

You are going to have a fantastic time! My mother did alone time with my sister and me but it was only Baskin Robbins or ice skating. Still good memories though. DC is very cool. The setting is so pretty and since only a certain number of people are let in each day, it's not crowded. The theme park writer for the newspaper did a top ten Christmas wish list and DC AP's were one of his top wishes. Not to swim with the dolphins every time, just to enjoy the environment. You probably know, but the earlier you get there, the earlier your swim time is. I'm not sure that it matters one way or another, just fyi.

Congrats on the marathon. That's awesome! My doctor told me I should run a marathon in order to lose weight. Yes, I looked at her like she was crazy, but maybe 1/2 would be possible.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #102
MomofCKJ

Will be back for some real replies and an update, just time for a drive by!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCING!

9 DAYS!!!!

And SHHHHHH! I just ordered a Mini Castle Cake for Belle's birthday at our dinner at 1900 Park Fair. It is tiny and cute and chocolate and she'll be suprised!!!

Picked up a Mickey T for her at Walmart today, they often do have some very cute Disney shirts. I'm not a huge Walmart fan but have to give them that. And got some more ponchos. Have you seen the forecast? I knew I'd jinx it. Some kind of disturbance out by Africa right now. Yes I know, too soon to call but with my luck it'll turn into a Hurricane or TS and drench us. Oh well, have Poncho will travel!

Found some leftover water shoes today but not our sizes. People say to get them for Discovery Cove. Not having luck and don't want to buy them there at their inflated prices I am sure. Some folks said they just wore Crocs, we could do that I suppose. This is in the snorkeling area, read that the coral and rocks can be rough on the feet. And underwater throwaway camera, need one of those. Dang, I knew I forgot something!

Allyson
Old 08-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #103
askelton
Disney Cosmo

9 days! Belle is going to love the cake. There is a WalMart not too far from Disney, but I have no idea the cost of a taxi or bus. We didn't do the snorkeling so I'm not sure how bad the coral is. Crocs should work though but you may want to bring two pairs. I hate walking in wet shoes.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #104
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

WOW Allyson! 9 days!!! I can't believe it's almost time!! I was just at Walmart the other day and saw their tshirts, they had some pretty cute ones, and guess what? I forgot my ponchos when I was there!!! That was one of the reasons I was there!! Oops!!! Oh well, I'll need diapers soon again and will be back...lol! The cake sounds perfect, that will be such a nice surprise!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #105
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Happy single digit dancing!! Don't fret about the forecast (I know, easier said than done). Those weather people don't have a clue, I'm convinced of it! And you're going to have a great time no matter what!

Have fun collecting the last required items. Good luck finding the water shoes!

Wish I was coming too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: