Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #46
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

for final payment!!

I am so excited for your trip. I just think it's such a lovely tradition to have with your kids!

I am especially looking forward to a report on Discovery Cove. It sounds AMAZING!

Counter service... hmmm.

I love Pecos Bills and the fixings bar in MK.

I like the Cantina in Mexico and the fish 'n chips stand in England in Epcot. Have heard great things about Sunshine Seasons and Tangerine Cafe.

LOVE Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney. Best BLT EVER. Line can be alarming but it moves quickly!

Like Pizzafari in AK.

Don't think I've done counter service at HS. Have heard horror stories about the ABC commissary.

Looking forward to more planning!

Old 07-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #47
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I just finished reading your PTR. I am loving the idea of a Mom/Daughter trip! I also love the idea of taking each kiddo on a trip with Mom, what a wonderful thing!

All of your plans sound great! Too bad about Cali Grill but I am sure Boma will be a great Birthday dinner.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #48
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Wow! Just figured out that you had a PTR for this year, somehow I missed the link as "current" when I read your signature! Anyhow, enjoyed your planning so far! I think your ADRs look great. You asked about QS, I would highly recommend breakfast at the Contemporary -- if you like breakfast burritos... and/or Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD.. incredible what you get for QS there... We were struggling to use our QS credits towards the end of our trip, we stumbled upon the Contempo Cafe for breakfast, and the burritos were delish!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #49
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #50
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Woo hoo for the final payment!!!

What a great deal on Discovery Cove after the Disney math was enlisted!
Disney math always makes everything work in your favor doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
: Horray for being officially official!!

Love the ADRs... and everything else too so far. I'm excited to see how you like DC. I've heard wonderful things and have seen amazing pics too.

Great way to get a deal on that too BTW....

Paula
Me too! I haven't read one negative thing about DC yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Yay for being paid in FULL!! WOOHOO!! That's always a good feeling and it makes it feel that much more real!! Yay!!!

My two cents for CS meals......
MK: Pinocchio haus was pretty good and I like that you can watch IASW while eating there.
Ep: Sunshine
DHS: Backlot Express was pretty good, we ate at Pizza Planet and weren't overly impressed
DTD: Wolfgang Puck Express..YUM!!!!! Heard great things about Earl of Sandwich, too, just haven't been there...yet!
Wolfgang Puck Express is something I am definately interested in and it would be something new for us! I will have to recheck out their menu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
for final payment!!

I am so excited for your trip. I just think it's such a lovely tradition to have with your kids!

I am especially looking forward to a report on Discovery Cove. It sounds AMAZING!

Counter service... hmmm.

I love Pecos Bills and the fixings bar in MK.

I like the Cantina in Mexico and the fish 'n chips stand in England in Epcot. Have heard great things about Sunshine Seasons and Tangerine Cafe.

LOVE Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney. Best BLT EVER. Line can be alarming but it moves quickly!

Like Pizzafari in AK.

Don't think I've done counter service at HS. Have heard horror stories about the ABC commissary.

Looking forward to more planning!
Belle loves BLTs, hmmmm maybe Earl of Sandwich is in order. Pizzafari I do enjoy. And I agree DHS is not known for very good CS food in my opinion either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I just finished reading your PTR. I am loving the idea of a Mom/Daughter trip! I also love the idea of taking each kiddo on a trip with Mom, what a wonderful thing!

All of your plans sound great! Too bad about Cali Grill but I am sure Boma will be a great Birthday dinner.
Thanks for coming! I think it will be a special week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Wow! Just figured out that you had a PTR for this year, somehow I missed the link as "current" when I read your signature! Anyhow, enjoyed your planning so far! I think your ADRs look great. You asked about QS, I would highly recommend breakfast at the Contemporary -- if you like breakfast burritos... and/or Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD.. incredible what you get for QS there... We were struggling to use our QS credits towards the end of our trip, we stumbled upon the Contempo Cafe for breakfast, and the burritos were delish!
Another fan of WPE! That is two of you talking about it, that might have to be a place we try this time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Joining in!!!!
Welcome! So glad to see you back DISing!

Allyson
Old 07-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #51
MomofCKJ

So here we are now only 38 days away! I can't believe it is that close! No ME documents yet but I am thinking they could arrive at any day right? That always makes me happy, finding Disney Mail in the mailbox.

On a side note but somewhat related this week Belle and Bashful are at sleepaway camp. They left Monday and will return Saturday morning. It is their first time. The camp is a great campy camp, think Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan kind of camp. They did day camp last year and this year decided to try the sleepaway week. Well we had our share of drama on Monday but they both made it there. Tonight we went to the Talent Show and got to see them. They seem to be doing well and didn't latch onto our legs and beg to come home so I took that as a good sign.

My point in this story? There is one....I have had a week with just Goofy. And it has been fantastic. It just solidifies my reasoning in taking each child on a trip one at a time. One on one time is so great when you have multiple children. I have enjoyed Goofy in a way I never do when he is one of three, fighting for his voice to be heard and for attention. We have had so much fun this week. He has stated several times that he really likes being an only child.

So it has made me look forward even more to my week alone with Belle. She is the one I have the most tumultuous relationship with and so I feel like this is something that will be good for us. I hope we can make special memories just for us, come back with some fun and funny moments we can go back to and just enjoy each other's company. I have also horrified her and told her that we can have lots of conversations over dinner about boys and sex and growing up. We have had the first round of birds and the bees talk already but I think we could definately use some follow up conversation. Needless to say she looked at me like I had three heads when I told her this. LOL!

So, where are we at with the trip? Well what about counter service and what is our itinerary you ask? Well I'll tell you....

Sunday we fly down and land around 12:30. We are MEing it and I hope we are checked into Pop by 2. We'll probably be hungry so I am thinking we'll freshen up and then hit the food court for lunch. I do plan on sharing things with Belle as the portions are often so big and why waste all that food. We often like the same things anyways. So lunch at Pop and then we are hitting Epcot. Why you ask? Or even if you didn't, I'll tell you. Epcot is Belle's least favorite of the four so we decided to go there on this half day we have. I could spend a few days there but this trip isn't about me so a half day it is. I imagine we'll try to hit Soarin' and TT but who knows with arriving that late how the lines and FP will be. Our plan is to hit World Showcase and each find whatever we want to eat for dinner. I am thinking I might like to try Morocco or Japan. I am not sure about Belle yet. We plan to stay at Epcot through Illuminations if we can make it, travel days always wear us out.

Monday we are off to Discovery Cove. They provide breakfast and lunch as well as all drinks and snacks all day! We plan to hit DTD at night and leaning toward Wolfgang Puck Express I think though Belle loves BLTs and someone mentioned EoS having a great BLT. More menu reading needed but that is our plan right now.

Tuesday we are off to Animal Kingdom by day. Lunch will be CS. I have eaten at Pizzafari, Flametree and Yak and Yeti CS. I like them all! Belle won't care for Yak and Yeti so I think we'll end up at one of the other two.

Wednesday we are at MK and we have a breakfast and dinner ressie so I am thinking light lunch. We'll probably share something for sure. There are so many place in MK I like for CS that I am not worried. I think we'll just eat wherever we land when we are hungry. I like Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays, Pinocchio's, Columbia House, all of them. And there are things we both like at all of those that we can nosh on together.

Thursday is Sea World! I have not put an iota of planning into SW. I have not been there in 12 years. I am not sure why, I spent a ton of time planning our families first Disney trip but for SW I have no idea what is there or what we want to do. I suppose I should visit their website and have some semblance of a plan. I have no idea what food is there either. Or what is good. Or what is not. Bad, bad planner.

Friday we have an ADR for lunch at Sci Fi and for dinner at Tony's. So no CS for us that day. And we leave on Saturday. The plan Saturday I think is to just hang at Pop and use the pool and have lunch before we head home. Our flight is at 3pm so I am planning on a noon ME pickup.

So in looking this over it looks like we'll have to get some breakfasts with our CS to use them up. Having a DC and SW day where we really don't need the credits added to us sharing some CS is going to leave us with some extras I think. So we'll probably use some for breakfasts at Pop. I know Belle loves the chocolate chip pancakes and I've been known to enjoy a Mickey waffle or two.

So there is our CS plan so far.

Another little thing I've been thinking about is the Wishes Dessert Party. It looks like it would be nice, the desserts look great and it might be fun. I know some TGMers (yes I am TGMer too!) are going 8/28 and we'll be in MK that night soooooo, it might be fun. It is $18 per person, not bad. I can't decide. What would you do?

Coming up, what are our must do's at each park and I will finally throw in the mini trip report of our January Half Marathon trip for those interested!

Allyson
Old 07-17-2009, 05:54 AM   #52
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
So here we are now only 38 days away! I can't believe it is that close! No ME documents yet but I am thinking they could arrive at any day right? That always makes me happy, finding Disney Mail in the mailbox.
I would definitely think that any day now, those ME tags will arrive!

Quote:
On a side note but somewhat related this week Belle and Bashful are at sleepaway camp. They left Monday and will return Saturday morning. It is their first time. The camp is a great campy camp, think Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan kind of camp. They did day camp last year and this year decided to try the sleepaway week. Well we had our share of drama on Monday but they both made it there. Tonight we went to the Talent Show and got to see them. They seem to be doing well and didn't latch onto our legs and beg to come home so I took that as a good sign.
How fun! I bet they are having a blast!

Quote:
He has stated several times that he really likes being an only child.

Quote:
We have had the first round of birds and the bees talk already but I think we could definately use some follow up conversation. Needless to say she looked at me like I had three heads when I told her this. LOL!
I know I have seen this look on Chelsea's face before!

Quote:
Another little thing I've been thinking about is the Wishes Dessert Party. It looks like it would be nice, the desserts look great and it might be fun. I know some TGMers (yes I am TGMer too!) are going 8/28 and we'll be in MK that night soooooo, it might be fun. It is $18 per person, not bad. I can't decide. What would you do?
I think the Wishes party sounds like a blast! I would be very tempted to do it!

Quote:
I will finally throw in the mini trip report of our January Half Marathon trip for those interested!
Yes, please!
Old 07-17-2009, 06:00 AM   #53
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hey, Great update, I think your plans are totally shaping up! A mom daughter trip is a great idea -- she is really lucky, DC and Sea World included! FUN! Your dining plans and daily itinerary looks great. I love TGM too! Will sign up again for Christmas... Totally would love to hear about the DisneyWorld 1/2 -- I am seriously kicking around the Princess 1/2 as a solo trip... I am on my treadmill as I type So I am curious how the "non-runner" made it happen!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #54
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great and like they are really coming together!! You're on countdown! 38 days! WOW!!! It comes up soon!!!

Would LOVE to hear about the 1/2 marathon! I'm a new runner so I'd love to hear/see pics/etal about it!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #55
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Your plans are shaping up nicely! If I was going to Disney with the dessert party was being offered, I would totally be doing it. I think it would be fun. Desserts and Wishes =
Old 07-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #56
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great!

Although I have to confess to a moment of panic on Belle's behalf at the thought of having to have birds/bees/boys/sex talk at WDW! Seriously, though, the talk needs to be had and it sounds like some special 1:1 time that would be perfect for that subject matter.

You guys are going to have such a great time!!

Love all your plans and can't wait to hear all about it. Can't believe you are so close!! 36 days!!

Old 07-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #57
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I forgot to include in my previous post that when I was 13, my Mom took the time to take me to that movie they had the Wonders of Life Pavilion in Epcot. Was it the Making of Me? Ugh. I vividly remember it and how embarrassing that at Disney of all places I had to think about that icky stuff. My dad and brother went off to do something manly while we chatted over smoothies.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:38 AM   #58
MomofCKJ

Back later today with replies and updates but had to share.....35 days away and this arrived Friday!
Old 07-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #59
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

It's the Magical Express Tags!!! Hurray!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #60
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Back later today with replies and updates but had to share.....35 days away and this arrived Friday!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: