Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 09:52 AM   #31
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

What??? What??? What!!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #32
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Wow! What a cool place to have a birthday dinner! I hope you were able to snag it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #33
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Such a cliff hanger! I am guessing!! Tell me what!

Hope Belle had better luck with CG than I did. And awed that Belle has such foodie tastes at such a young age!

Old 07-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #34
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

I do not venture to the trip report section much these days, as I seem to have gotten a case of "cruise sick" mommy I need to go on a cruise to get better( as my daughter says) and spend all my time in the cruise section but for some reason I thought of your solo trip report and I found this

I am so jealous of you doing a mother/daughter trip, I so want to do that when my girls hit 13.

I am looking forward to hearing all about this trip.

Lisa

Old 07-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #35
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Welcome back! I just returned from our annual week in Maine. What a week. Grey, cold and rain. The only nice days were Fri and Sat (we left Sat at noon). We were with friends so that was fun but Mother Nature was so cruel.

I'll be back to catch up on the reports I read this week (you know who you are!) and add an installment. 7 weeks from today we leave!

And I finally got my tattoo last week! Guess what it is of?????

Allyson
Old 07-05-2009, 06:52 PM   #36
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
Welcome back! I just returned from our annual week in Maine. What a week. Grey, cold and rain. The only nice days were Fri and Sat (we left Sat at noon). We were with friends so that was fun but Mother Nature was so cruel.

I'll be back to catch up on the reports I read this week (you know who you are!) and add an installment. 7 weeks from today we leave!

And I finally got my tattoo last week! Guess what it is of?????

Allyson
Welcome back to you! Sorry that the weather was so yucky for you. Hurrah for your tattoo- you've been wanting that for a long time. But I forget what you were going to get... something Disney related?

7 weeks!!

Old 07-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #37
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that the weather in Maine didn't cooperate.

Can't wait to see the tattoo!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #38
MomofCKJ

Food Glorious FREE Food!

Take two, just had my window close and I hadn't saved it. Grrrr, hate when that happens!

So we are here to talk FOOD! We'll just stick with the ADRs for now and tackle CS later okay? I had Jessica make the ADRs just because that was going to be too busy of a morning. I had heard stories of late that wait times were long and that wasn't going to jive with our Memorial Day parade plans. So I waited to see if Jessica could get us what we wanted.

I mentioned Belle asked for Cali Grill for her birthday dinner. We ate there on our March '08 trip and she loved it (I did too and Walter was the BEST waiter!). Well no more suspense......we couldn't get it. We COULDN"T get it! I was so bummed.

All week we kept trying. I called in the morning, Jessica tried at night. Nothing. Nada. Finally that Thursday night Jessica was able to get us a 9:45pm ADR. Belle would be sleeping in her soup at that hour. She is not a late night girl and even if she stretched it that night I'd be paying for it big time the next day with overtired, cranky 12 year old. No thanks! Not to mention cutting into a Filet Mignon at say 10:30pm doesn't much do it for me either. So we got ourselves over to the menus on allears and came up with a Plan B.

So what ADRs did we get? I'll tell you!

Arrival day we are not doing any. We'll be in Epcot that day and planning a little CS in WS. Might it be Mexico? Might it be England? Don't know! But the plan is to meander and each grab whatever tickles our fancy that night for dinner.

Monday is our Discovery Cove day. They are feeding us breakfast and lunch (and all drinks and snacks!) so I didn't think we needed a sit down dinner this night.

Tuesday is our first ADR. We have a dinner date with Cindy, her Prince and that Evil Stepmother and Stepsisters...yes 1900 Park Faire! We've enjoyed breakfast here but not dinner. I like the characters, I think they are a hoot, and a buffet is always good with Belle so she can try a little of this and a little of that. And two more words...strawberry soup. 'Nuff said.

Wednesday we are busy Free Diners. We start the day with an 8:05am breakfast at Crystal Palace. Oh how I love those early breakfasts. Heading into the park feeling oh so special that you are getting in early, walking down an empty Main Street, nothin' like it!

Dinner that day will be at Kona! I can't not go there. Kona is my new Le Cellier. The food is so divine and I know Belle will enjoy. She has her eye on a Kona Cone.

Thursday we are cheating on the Mouse again and hitting Sea World. You get a free visit with the Discovery Cove ticket so we couldn't very well pass it up. At night however is our birthday dinner. Where did we end up?

Boma! Yes she chose Boma! She liked it last time and I really did too so I was all for it. I do hope they have the Mulligatawny again, soooo good! And it will give us some time to explore AKL and take a look around. We didn't do that last time, more like just ate and left.

Friday we are having lunch at Sci Fi Theater. She loved the burgers and milkshakes so that was the reasoning behind this one. I could take it or leave it but I'm sure it will be fine.

And Friday night we are going to a new to us place, Tony's Town Square. I've read mixed things but we kind of wanted something Italian and it fit the bill. We'll try it ourselves and make our own judgement.

So those are our ADRs. We got the times we asked for within 10 minutes on all of them. And it still makes me giddy that we are eatin' for free!

Next up: CS, Snacks and other Goodies!

And I will throw a little mini report on the Half Marathon trip in here for kicks. It was a great week with the race, the last minute suprise upgrade and the vow renewal in the Bahamas. A week I'll always remember!

Allyson
Old 07-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #39
MomofCKJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
What??? What??? What!!!!

I know, what a cliffhanger huh? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Wow! What a cool place to have a birthday dinner! I hope you were able to snag it!
As you see in the post prior, no such luck, however it is all good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Such a cliff hanger! I am guessing!! Tell me what!

Hope Belle had better luck with CG than I did. And awed that Belle has such foodie tastes at such a young age!
She loves Filet Mignon and Creme' Brulee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmommy View Post
I do not venture to the trip report section much these days, as I seem to have gotten a case of "cruise sick" mommy I need to go on a cruise to get better( as my daughter says) and spend all my time in the cruise section but for some reason I thought of your solo trip report and I found this

I am so jealous of you doing a mother/daughter trip, I so want to do that when my girls hit 13.

I am looking forward to hearing all about this trip.

Lisa
Nice to see you Lisa! Oh a cruise sounds wonderful! I have cruised but never Disney style. Someday I hope! Glad you are here and I think every Mother/Daughter needs some quality time as they venture into those rocky teenage years. I think it should be a rule across the land, not just at my house! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Welcome back to you! Sorry that the weather was so yucky for you. Hurrah for your tattoo- you've been wanting that for a long time. But I forget what you were going to get... something Disney related?

7 weeks!!
It is Disney related but of course! I will post a pic soon. Grumpy took one tonight but the battery died and I can't load it. I'll say it's a little artsy/a little Disney.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that the weather in Maine didn't cooperate.

Can't wait to see the tattoo!
The rain in Maine stunk and I do hope that Orlando in August treats us better. Last year I had Tropical Storm Fay on my August trip. I could do without that again! LOL!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #40
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Even without Cali Grill, your ADRs look very yummy -- we always love Boma! Haven't had a bad meal there ever! Have a zebra dome for me!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #41
MomofCKJ

Quote:
Even without Cali Grill, your ADRs look very yummy -- we always love Boma! Haven't had a bad meal there ever! Have a zebra dome for me!
I most certainly will! I enjoyed Boma the one time I ate there. I loved the variety!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #42
MomofCKJ

We are officially officially official now!

So final payment has been made! Can I get a WOOO HOOOO?

That always is nice to know you are officially officially official!

And yesterday I booked our Discovery Cove tickets. Let me tell you about that!
They had been offering a promo of $50 off per person if you booked 30 days or more out. Our dates were in the promo, pretty much all dates were, my guess is they must be hurting in this economy as most other places. So I go online yesterday to book and lo and behold now all the dates are in blue meaning no promo rate! I was in disbelief as the day before they had all been orange meaning promo rate available.

So I called and got a sweet girl who was perplexed and told me that the promo was in fact available and so she booked over the phone for me. And with my Disney math we got out cheap!

The promo rate for two of us with the Dolphin Encounter came to just over $500.

This includes the day at DC, breakfast and lunch there plus all snacks and drinks all day. That is a nice deal! *PLUS* it includes tickets for the two of us to hit a day at Sea World. Already I am seeing the value in my $500 but wait, it gets better.

Our health insurance (yes this is related to the story, just wait!) has a feature called "It Fits" where you can submit receipts for all sorts of healthy activities you do and get reimbursed up to $400 per calendar year. So I had recently sent in some of our horse back riding lesson receipts and Karate for Goofy receipts and just got our $400 back. Soooo, putting that towards this really means it is costing me $108 for Belle and I to go to Discovery Cove AND Sea World. So really, it is like $25 a park per person, right? I thought it was a bargain when I looked at it that way!

I am rather excited about DC as it is something new to both of us. And I haven't been to Sea World in 12 years, Belle has never. As much as I love Disney I am looking forward to throwing a few new things in the mix as well.

So what is left to do? Well figure out CS meals. Tweak our itinerary. Think if we want to make any shirts. Pack. Book ride to the airport (Grumpy will pick us up on the return but heading out he isn't into driving to Boston so early and I don't blame him). Figure out how we are getting to DC and SW. I already joined a Photopass Share so that is done. I will post to be a Fairy Godmailer again soon. Hmmm, what am I missing?

I already ordered some new pins for Belle and they arrived. Belle needs some shoes for the trip. She has sandals she likes but I know from experience last year that August requires multiple pairs of shoes. If it rains/tropical storms you don't want to be stuck with the same pair of shoes as they will rub when wet and you can become miserable. 12 year old, miserable, wet blistery feet? No thank you! We will shoe shop soon.

Okay so it is time to get a little organized.

Next up, counter service? We will be hitting each park and need a CS at each and one at DTD. Suggestions? Your favorites? Your "no don't go there!"s?

Allyson
Old 07-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #43
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo for the final payment!!!

What a great deal on Discovery Cove after the Disney math was enlisted!
Old 07-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #44
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

: Horray for being officially official!!

Love the ADRs... and everything else too so far. I'm excited to see how you like DC. I've heard wonderful things and have seen amazing pics too.

Great way to get a deal on that too BTW....

Paula
Old 07-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #45
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Yay for being paid in FULL!! WOOHOO!! That's always a good feeling and it makes it feel that much more real!! Yay!!!

My two cents for CS meals......
MK: Pinocchio haus was pretty good and I like that you can watch IASW while eating there.
Ep: Sunshine
DHS: Backlot Express was pretty good, we ate at Pizza Planet and weren't overly impressed
DTD: Wolfgang Puck Express..YUM!!!!! Heard great things about Earl of Sandwich, too, just haven't been there...yet!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: