Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #106
BelleLovesTheBeast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
i just called Disney to see how I can get the 90 +10 since I went through a travel agent... the answer was I cannot do it online I have to either call or have my travel agent do it when she gets to her office...
Is there a reason for this?

If that's the case I sure hope everyone is online rather than on the phone and I can get through faster.
10/11 - Sorcerer Radio 10th Anniversary Meet Up | 8/11 - D23 EXPO | 5/11, 1/11, 9/10 - POP | 10/10, 9/10, 6/10, 4/10, 1/10, 12/09 - Marriott | 9/09 - SSR | 8/09 - DL | 10/08 - ASMu DxDDP | 9/07 - CBR | 1/07 - Marriott | 9/06, 9/03- Honeymoon, 10/99 - CSR | 8/96 - OKW | 7/94 - BC | 12/91 - MMDP off-property
BelleLovesTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #107
Disneynut5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnapooh View Post
Which goes back to my original complaint that DVC reservation numbers don't work in the system...

Disney obviously has a lot of work to do with this system. They shouldn't have released anything until it was fully tested for ALL of their customers.
I agree completely! So sad.....
December 2011 - POR
Disneynut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #108
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
That is what I am dealing with, being on the West Coast my TA would have to make them at 3... Pretty sure that one is not going to happen...
Please forgive me if this has already been asked.
My 90 day window starts this Sunday and I too am on the West Coast. I have not used a TA and am booked directly through Disney.
At what time can I start using the online system? Is it really going to be 3 am Sunday morning???
Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #109
Tisha_PA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut5 View Post
Yes, but now if you use a TA you will be forced to either call or let them book online dining for you 90+10. It is not okay with me that I can not do online booking 90+10 because I used a TA!
I agree. My TA will happily make my ADR's when she gets into the office. But if everyone else is able to start making them at 3 am and she doesn't get in until 8 am, then I may not be able to get some of the harder ones like Le Cellier, CRT, Ohana's etc just because I used a TA and can't access the 90 +10 like everyone else. If that's the case, I'd rather rebook through Disney and handle everything myself.
Tisha_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #110
Condorman
& Laser Lady

Well, you can definitely double-book. Not only double, but quadruple or more. The only thing that appears is the message below, which is more of a reminder than a warning or roadblock. It's too bad they didn't create a three hour time-block before and after any other reservations.

Disney's message:

"It appears that 2 or more of your dining offers are within one hour of each other. If the offers are for the same dining party, please remove the conflicting offer(s). If these offers are for different parties, please continue with your booking"
Condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #111
notaclue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut5 View Post
Yes, but now if you use a TA you will be forced to either call or let them book online dining for you 90+10. It is not okay with me that I can not do online booking 90+10 because I used a TA!
Is this because you don't have your ressie number? My TA gave me my ressie number and I can check my ressies with it on the WDW website so I guess I figured I can use it on the ADR system. Correct or not? Jeepers, I am SO confused (again). TIA
notaclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #112
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
Something is going to have to be done to address the fact that DVC ressie #'s don't seem to work in the system.

My wife is currently talking to Member Services to see if they offer any sort of solution. I'm thinking not, but it's something that TA's couldn't test...and it creates (assuming the 3AM roll over time from the TA test stays put) an unlevel playing field.
Please let us know what your wife finds out. I have an upcoming trip where my family is staying DVC and our friends are staying at SOG. I will be making the ADRs for our group and sure hope that they have figured out a way for DVC members to input their ressies numbers!
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #113
djp0630
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure *most* people won't be booking at 3AM, maybe just DISers. *Most* people wouldn't call at 7AM, so I doubt people will do it in the middle of the night. Just my thoughts. Personally, I will be online whatever time! But yes, I do think TAs will not be booking in the middle of the night for their customers.

DS - 5 years old
Twins - DD & DS - 3 years old

Many trips growing up (CBR, Poly, PFQ)
Contemporary - August 2003
BLT- September 2009

BCV - May 2010
BCV - August 2012
djp0630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #114
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiep View Post
Please forgive me if this has already been asked.
My 90 day window starts this Sunday and I too am on the West Coast. I have not used a TA and am booked directly through Disney.
At what time can I start using the online system? Is it really going to be 3 am Sunday morning???
For TAs, it was 3 AM EST, which would be midnight for you. Nobody will know for certain until tonight though, since they may have changed the roll over time now that it's open for everyone to coincide with the time the call centers open.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #115
Tisha_PA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaclue View Post
Is this because you don't have your ressie number? My TA gave me my ressie number and I can check my ressies with it on the WDW website so I guess I figured I can use it on the ADR system. Correct or not? Jeepers, I am SO confused (again). TIA
My TA gave me a ressie number but it doesn't work on the Disney website.
Tisha_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #116
BelleLovesTheBeast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaclue View Post
I'd like to know this too. If you get the confirmation number from your TA can you then book the 90+10?

If so, I'll just ask her for it so I can book my ADRs online.
10/11 - Sorcerer Radio 10th Anniversary Meet Up | 8/11 - D23 EXPO | 5/11, 1/11, 9/10 - POP | 10/10, 9/10, 6/10, 4/10, 1/10, 12/09 - Marriott | 9/09 - SSR | 8/09 - DL | 10/08 - ASMu DxDDP | 9/07 - CBR | 1/07 - Marriott | 9/06, 9/03- Honeymoon, 10/99 - CSR | 8/96 - OKW | 7/94 - BC | 12/91 - MMDP off-property
BelleLovesTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #117
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

When Disney released online check in, guests who booked through DVC and travel agents could not use the same link as everyone else.

It took a day or two, but they were given separate links to use the service.

It's very possible a similar option for dining will be released soon.

Also, as of Sunday night, I was making reservations for a client at 3 am. I haven't tried it since then, but a CM did suggest earlier in this thread that it would soon (if it hasn't already in the last two nights) move to 6 am.

I would think that the TA system and guest system would all roll over at the same time, giving no one the advantage.

I also think it's certainly a fair question to ask your TA what time they will be able to make reservations. Don't forget that a TA does not have to be in their office to make the reservations.

Some of us are sitting on our couch, half awake, in our pjs making ADR's.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #118
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Viewing ADRs online that were made through the phone?

Does anyone know if we can check online to confirm ADRs that we made through the phone?

And can we cancel an ADR made through the phone via online?

I tried to check for some preferred times and wasn't able to get any so I'm not sure if it offers the option to cancel ADRs.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #119
rogattdm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisha_PA View Post
My TA gave me a ressie number but it doesn't work on the Disney website.
I have a reservation number, but no phone number. She didn't use our phone number, and she has a 1800 number that isn't working either when I type it in.
rogattdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #120
jkthorstad
Mouseketeer

Crt?

Does anyone know how to not get charged for CRT (or HDD or any of the others)? I can't book yet, but when I was playing around, it was going to charge me. If you use your reservation #, does it know if you have dining and doesn't charge you?
jkthorstad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aaa, adr

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: