Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #91
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

I was worried about not being able to make a reservation if we were not at a Disney resort, but I just ignored the log in and reservation link and it took me to where I could enter my name and contact info. Did not finish since we are not going until November, but is really easy!
Odd thing, I typed in Boma and nothing came up on the search engine. Had to click on the All Restaurants and then look for it in the list.

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
ougrad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #92
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I think the concern is that now people will probably be able to start booking things when the new date rolls over for ADRs online, and those of us who use TAs will have to wait until they get in the office to book them. Maybe at 7AM if they're dedicated, but very few TAs would get up at 3 AM to book dining for people.
That is what I am dealing with, being on the West Coast my TA would have to make them at 3... Pretty sure that one is not going to happen...
oregonmommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #93
winnapooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think the concern is that now people will probably be able to start booking things when the new date rolls over for ADRs online, and those of us who use TAs will have to wait until they get in the office to book them. Maybe at 7AM if they're dedicated, but very few TAs would get up at 3 AM to book dining for people.
Which is why it should be 7:00 AM for everyone...travel agents, online, and phone.
winnapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #94
ga9497
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnapooh View Post
I don't see how it's fair that travel agents have any access to reservations before everyone else. Being DVC, we don't have any need to use a travel agent, so why wouldn't dining reservations be on a level playing field??? I see this whole online system being very problematic for people, particularly DVC (seeing as how people can't even use a DVC reservation number so far!)
I was replying to the person that was saying that she may cancel with her TA because she can't pull up her room reservation to book her 90+10

With the online booking for dining that is now open to everyone everyone will have the same options as travel agents. I don't know how the DVC reservations are working so can't help there.

The person that is booked through a TA is not a mind reader and cannot know what their TA will or will not do for them if they don't ask the questions directly.

Last edited by ga9497; 06-16-2009 at 01:06 PM.
ga9497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #95
ga9497
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Which is why it should be 7:00 AM for everyone...travel agents, online, and phone.
I totally agree with you here as it should be the same. A cm on this board noted the other day that the online booking will be available at 6am or was for the cm option of booking for themselves.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #96
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Something is going to have to be done to address the fact that DVC ressie #'s don't seem to work in the system.

My wife is currently talking to Member Services to see if they offer any sort of solution. I'm thinking not, but it's something that TA's couldn't test...and it creates (assuming the 3AM roll over time from the TA test stays put) an unlevel playing field.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #97
winnapooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The reason they had access to it before everyone was so they could test it and get the bugs out of the system before it was opened to everyone.
That's not what I mean...there have been reports that travel agents have been able to get into the system earlier in the day than people could call in. Whether that's true or not, or whether I've (and a lot of other people) have been misunderstanding, I don't know.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #98
winnapooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
Something is going to have to be done to address the fact that DVC ressie #'s don't seem to work in the system.

My wife is currently talking to Member Services to see if they offer any sort of solution. I'm thinking not, but it's something that TA's couldn't test...and it creates (assuming the 3AM roll over time from the TA test stays put) an unlevel playing field.
Here's hoping...
Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #99
notaclue
DIS Veteran

OMG,OMG, OMG. It's finally ready! Just in time for me to make my ADRs next week. Good luck to everyone who's using the online system now and PLEASE let us all know how it's working for you.
notaclue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #100
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga9497 View Post
There are some very dedicated TA's I am one of them that does get up extra early to book the dining and then go back to bed. The person that is booked through a TA is not a mind reader and cannot know what their TA will or will not do for them if they don't ask the questions directly.
I agree that there are "some," but the reality is that they are few are far between. You are correct in that it is worth asking to find out what their process is, esp. now with the use of the online booking, but I think in the majority of cases people are not going to be happy with the response they get from their TA.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #101
Disneynut5
Mouseketeer

Yes, but now if you use a TA you will be forced to either call or let them book online dining for you 90+10. It is not okay with me that I can not do online booking 90+10 because I used a TA!
December 2011 - POR
Disneynut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #102
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's not what I mean...there have been reports that travel agents have been able to get into the system earlier in the day than people could call in. Whether that's true or not, or whether I've (and a lot of other people) have been misunderstanding, I don't know.
Yeah, but if that's the case then now everybody has that "advantage." We won't know for sure until tonight but I would think that the dates would roll over at the same time for everybody.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #103
work2play
DIS Veteran

uh oh... looks like it just crashed!!

We love BLT and BWV!

work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #104
winnapooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, but if that's the case then now everybody has that "advantage." We won't know for sure until tonight but I would think that the dates would roll over at the same time for everybody.
Which goes back to my original complaint that DVC reservation numbers don't work in the system...

Disney obviously has a lot of work to do with this system. They shouldn't have released anything until it was fully tested for ALL of their customers.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #105
jana616
DIS Veteran

I am SOOO excited! I booked my ADRs last week and was happy, but I am finding some better times online than what I got. Are we positive everything will work okay if I book new ones online? I am SO scared I'll book new times, cancel my old ones, and find out something went wrong. As long as I have the confirmation #s I should be okay, right?

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aaa, adr

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: