Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #751
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Top right hand of the screen is My Vacation, last thing under the drop down is dining reservations. They ask for the reservation number & phone number...though it's not working for me
That worked! Thanks!
[And, they're showing up! double ]
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #752
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnapooh View Post
This all makes me wonder why they even have to have a phone number, along with the reservation number. I know they want to doubly-verify you have a reservation and it's really you, but when you call, they just ask for your reservation number. They do ask for other verifying information, but it seems like this could be a second step, rather than asking for both reservation and phone number at the same time. This might help with the matching issues, because then they are only matching one piece of information at a time.

They quite obviously have issues with their system as a whole, because every time I call dining or CRO, I have to get them to change the phone number in their system (we have moved twice in the past year). They always seem to default back to old numbers, and the new numbers don't seem to stick. This is the case with our online account as well (I've added my husbands AP number about 10 times now to the My Reservation...still doesn't show him as an AP holder!) They need to narrow down to one central database! I've done some programming, and one of the things that I was always told is to not have duplicate data...have it stored in one place, one time. I think that's what they need to do, since when I call MS, they have the right info, but dining and CRO always have the wrong info.

It's all so frustrating!!!
I think you hit the nail on the head in verification. It's a security step to ensure someone doesn't just sit there and run numbers to get access to the system, or abuse it. However, you could do what many systems do and add 2 pieces of verification info, and let you choose which to use. For example: phone number OR address/zip code.

On the fact the ADR system keeps "losing" your phone number, I SUSPECT there are mutliple "refreshes" of the data from the ressie systems every day...I think when the refresh goes through, it updates existing records and adds new ones. What that ultimately means is that any changes made in the ADR system probably get overwritten by the refresh.

I don't know that...but it's my suspicion, given the way I've seen system traffic flow in my professional life. The CRO/DVC/TA system is the "system of record" for their particular "fiefdom", so in the data hierarchy, it's data overwrites the downstream systems.

I agree...it IS frustrating.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #753
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMy3Monkeys View Post
After making all of my adrs this morning... I kind of played with the sytem a little. It looks as though when you request a time it is searching 1/2 hour on either side of your time.

For example, when I put in 5:30 for 1900 park fare, it gave me 5:10 and 5:35. I then put in ohanas for 9:10am, and it gave me just 9:15. When I moved the time to 10am, it gave me 9:45 and 10:20. The first time I plugged in (9:10am) was 5 minutes short of giving me the 9:45 time, because 30 minutes prior would have been 9:15.

Of course this has not been confirmed, but curiosity got the best of me and after several attempts, it looks like this is the window it's using.

If you are looking for dinner around 5-6pm, just try putting in 5:30 and it will search a little on each side for you. I have yet to have it come up with more than two choices (not including all the alternative restaurant choices listed below your main choice).

I too am disappointed that you can search all ten days at a certain time, but you can't search just one specific day for any time. Hopefully they will fix that. All in all, the system is awesome! I love it!

Now, just dreading getting up the next 3 morning to do the same thing (14 night trip... urgh!). I'm in Ohio, so I am just waking up early... but I can't help but wonder... everyone out West- are you staying up until 3am and making your ADRs, or are you waking up at 3am to make them
Wait, what's the whole deal with 3 AM? I think I missed something somewhere.

ETA: I read the first post, and what does it mean that it "rolls" at 6 AM. Is that when it updates with new times that are available?

I don't think that it would be very hard for them to adjust it so that it lets you look for a wider window of dates, or even times. I wish they would put that in soon.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #754
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

So...DVC ressies are basically not going to work going online
Guess there is no use for me getting up on Monday at 3:00 am then and just go with what I can get calling in
Waaa....oh well.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #755
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

My online ADR files are showing an extra person on several of them. Should I be concerned? Easy enough to correct when we get there, but would hate to mess up their seating because of a fictitious person. Not to mention, I thought they had it right when I made them, so where this extra person is coming from??? It's saying 11 total instead of the 10 we have.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #756
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
So...DVC ressies are basically not going to work going online
Guess there is no use for me getting up on Monday at 3:00 am then and just go with what I can get calling in
Waaa....oh well.

As of now, correct. Hopefully, they'll fix it "soon".

Instead of 3 AM, you're looking at sleeping an extra hour til 4 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #757
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
As of now, correct. Hopefully, they'll fix it "soon".

Instead of 3 AM, you're looking at sleeping an extra hour til 4 AM.
Gee, I am so lucky
Can't wait for Monday
Guess we get what we get....back to look at menus again and find some back ups.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #758
Margaritah
Earning My Ears

I am booked with a TA will this work for me?
Margaritah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #759
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Wow! This is amazing! So much flexibility. I had booked 6 ADRs for the first week of July. I went online added 4 more (all at restaurants and the times I needed for party of 9!), and cancelled a few that I replaced. Everything was easy to access, book, and verify. Also, it is very cool that they give other possible suggestions for dining.

Not bad for two weeks out. Of course it is not free dining. I have never been involved in that game, I am sure it is much more challenging to get reservations that you need.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #760
jenfur
DIS Veteran

I just have a few questions. If you are on the dining plan, does the system recognize that and not charge your card for CRT, ect.? Are they holding any ressies for the 7am phone-in people so that it I don't get it online, it would be a good idea to call anyway? Do you still need to call for V&A?
jenfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #761
LuvMy3Monkeys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
Wait, what's the whole deal with 3 AM? I think I missed something somewhere.

Disney time is Eastern time, same as here in Ohio. So when I do my ADRs online it is 6am, or phone ressies at 7am. But for folks out in California... they will be looking at 3am for online and 4am for phone. Does that make sense?

And yes, it does "roll" at 6am, as opposed to midnight, or 7am like the phone system. So, basically, if you get online tomorrow at 5am, you will still only be able to access the same dates you could access today.

1990- CBR & Disney Cruise
2003- Offsite - Married on the Boardwalk May 5, 2003
2009- Feb 10-20 ASMo
Sept 16-30 SSR
Dec 2-16 trip postponed due to our extra souvenir we brought home from the Sept trip

2010: Dec. 1-15 CBR!
LuvMy3Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #762
tx2tn
"What fortuitous circumstance be this"

How do you like making online ADR's?

I understand that Disney has officially rolled out their online ADR reservation system. For those of you that have used it, how was your experience? Is it better than talking to a CM on the phone? I'm about 2 weeks away from making my ADR's and need help in deciding which way to go.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #763
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
If you have direct access to Web Support, tell them to check the phone number matching in the database.
I'm sure it's that too, some parts of the system allow more than 10 digits for example, while some limit entries to 10 digits only. They really should just try to compare the last 7 numeric digits to get a reasonable match.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #764
MinnieVacations
"Never judge things by their appearances, even carpetbags. I'm sure I never do."

Online ADR's

When do the online ADR's open? Am I going to have to wait up till midnight now to get my CRT ADR? Or do they begin accepting new requests at 7:00am like the reservation line?

MinnieVacations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #765
lacrosse_lady72
I <3 Disney

6am est

WDW: JULY/AUGUST 2002, MARCH 2004, MARCH/APRIL 2005, SEPTEMBER 2006, SEPTEMBER 2007, SEPTEMBER 2008, SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, SEPTEMBER 2011, SEPTEMBER 2013, SEPTEMBER 2015
DLR: APRIL 1998, DECEMBER 2005, JANUARY 2012, JANUARY 2013

lacrosse_lady72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aaa, adr

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: