Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #151
jana616
DIS Veteran

In case anyone is interested (and maybe everyone already knew this), it appears that if your TA made your earlier ADRs online, you can access them online now yourself. That's what I'm doing now. You jsut need your confirmation # and phone #.

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #152
JuneCleaver
Mouseketeer

I think no one should panic yet! I have emailed my TA to see what the procedure is for guests booked through TA's and she has contacted Disney.
In typical Disney Fashion, they have not notified TAs yet!

My Guess is...that Guests booked through TAs will have a link to use similar to the link they use for Online Check in...or that the "computer ghuru's at Disney" simply didn't program it correctly. Either way, Disney is not going to leave a good percentage of their booked Guests without booking ability.

Seeing that this just went public today, I am not going to flip out! Nothing ever works properly when Disney first rolls it out!

Threatening to cancel reservations is just silly...it's like "no one wants to play my game so I am taking my toys and going home!" This thing has only been operational for a few hours and the TA's on this site are even saying they have no information yet! Put a little faith in your TA and let them find out what you need to do!

Everyone...take a deep breath and just let the bugs get worked out!

June
JuneCleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #153
TillyMarigold
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrecmc View Post
Ok, I'm slow.

So, if I made my reservation through Disney and have my confirmation number, when it is my 90 +10 day, I go online, click on My Disney Vacation and scroll down to "Resort Reservations", then "itineraries" then "retrieve your reservation" and log in...that somehow "links" me to the ADR system to allow me to make the 90 +10 reservations? Or is there some other place you need to enter your resort reservation?
No, when you go to make your first reservation there is an option to link your reservations to your vacation package, and you enter your reservation number there. It's in the same part of the screen that you would enter the date/time for the restaurant.
TillyMarigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #154
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, when you go to make your first reservation there is an option to link your reservations to your vacation package, and you enter your reservation number there. It's in the same part of the screen that you would enter the date/time for the restaurant.
Thanks! I was wondering since it would show me logged in and tell me I had 92 days until my vacation, but wouldn't appear to link up to the ADR system. Now that you pointed that out, its totally obvious and I can't believe I missed it!
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #155
rogattdm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneCleaver View Post
I think no one should panic yet! I have emailed my TA to see what the procedure is for guests booked through TA's and she has contacted Disney.

My Guess is...that Guests booked through TAs will have a link to use similar to the link they use for Online Check in...or that the "computer ghuru's at Disney" simply didn't program it correctly. Either way, Disney is not going to leave a good percentage of their booked Guests without booking ability.

Seeing that this just went public today, I am not going to flip out! Nothing ever works properly when Disney first rolls it out!

Threatening to cancel reservations is just silly...it's like "no one wants to play my game so I am taking my toys and going home!" This thing has only been operational for a few hours and the TA's on this site are even saying they have no information yet! Put a little faith in your TA and let them find out what you need to do!

June
I agree, thank you for words of wisdom! I am planning on calling Friday morning because who knows with this online system....I enjoy talking to a live person anyway!
rogattdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #156
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, perhaps the shoe is on the other foot now. For the past moth or so, those with a TA have had a head start on everyone else. They have been able to book when the day rolls over at 3 AM (or whenever) and everyone else had to wait til 7.

I've been concerned that they would be booking for hours before I could even try calling at 7.
Like I said, there are probably not that many TAs who would be waking up extra early to book ADRs for their clients - I think ones who are also DIS-ers would be the exception.

However, I think that now there will be MANY more people willing to wake up early or stay up late to book ADRs for themselves. So we really are at much more of a disadvantage than people were while online booking was only available to TAs.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #157
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

Has anyone figured out if it is easier to book CRT online or on the phone? I was going to try and book lunch, but just wanted to know how I should go about it. ANy ideas?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #158
cosmicrays
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
In case anyone is interested (and maybe everyone already knew this), it appears that if your TA made your earlier ADRs online, you can access them online now yourself. That's what I'm doing now. You jsut need your confirmation # and phone #.
I can see mine now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneCleaver View Post

June
I agree!!
cosmicrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #159
cosmicrays
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobewed07 View Post
Has anyone figured out if it is easier to book CRT online or on the phone? I was going to try and book lunch, but just wanted to know how I should go about it. ANy ideas?
My TA got mine online with no issues.
cosmicrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #160
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, perhaps the shoe is on the other foot now. For the past moth or so, those with a TA have had a head start on everyone else. They have been able to book when the day rolls over at 3 AM (or whenever) and everyone else had to wait til 7.

I've been concerned that they would be booking for hours before I could even try calling at 7.
Question - How early can you book for the 90-day reservation? Like, if my 90 day was tomorrow, when should I get up....or should I stay up late? Does the window open at 12:01 am that day or not until later?

And if anyone has booked really early in the am....please let us know.
Beauty & the Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #161
xxliz28xx
Jersey girl by birth, Floridian by heart

It's awesome that we can view our ADR's online now. I can make sure everything's right plus add our engagement celebration to every ADR. : I only wish I could book GF Tea through here because I want an earlier time and I hate having to call back so much. Oh well.

Walt Disney World Food Photos
Walt Disney World Food Photos Part 2
Walt Disney World Food Photos Part 3
xxliz28xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #162
jdd
DIS Veteran

Now I'm freaked out! I went on to check my dining reservations (which I made on Sunday, 6/7 - 90 days from our arrival date). I'm a little OCD, so when I realized that these could be retrieved, I had to see them

Only, they're not correct We are a party of 5 - 2 adults and 3 children. One of my reservations is listed as 1 adult and 3 children, and the rest were 2 adults, 2 children. Should I be concerned about this? I don't know how strict they are about party size. I guess I should call, or I'll be nervous...
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #163
disneynuts777
I have never had this done
I have the toppers in my bedroom

I just redid most of my ADR's online and got way better times than I origioally had through a CM. As soon as I am sure that that these are comfirmed I will call to cancell my origionals

13 of us returning for some more magic!!
July 14th-21st 2013
disneynuts777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #164
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynuts777 View Post
I just redid most of my ADR's online and got way better times than I origioally had through a CM. As soon as I am sure that that these are comfirmed I will call to cancell my origionals
I would call WDW Dine and ask them to pull up the ADRs you made online. If she recites them correctly, go cancel your old ADRs
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #165
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynuts777 View Post
You can cancel online too. I was able to get 'Ohana a little bit later than originally (5:25 instead of 5:00) and was able to cancel the old reservation. Just pull it up, using the res #, then hit the cancel button, on the right hand side.
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aaa, adr

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: