Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Been on DIS for a few years, first time finding Fort Thread

I have no idea how i over looked this whole area of the DIS boards, i stumbled apon it yesterday and was in love.

I have been around for a few years and wrote a few TR's links in siggy, and was thrilled to find this community within a comunity.

I went through every picture on the pool update, and i am pumped to see it in person.

A little background on me, i grew up going to the fort we went somewhere around 10-12 times growing up staying there usually for 2 weeks.

It was disney to then on my honeymoon, me and the new misses started our yearly disney adventures, sadly in the hotel but it was fun to see another side of disney.

we are taking this year off, and going a few other places, but i am happy to announce that 1 year from now in june of 2010

we will be there for 2 full weeks camping again.

i have already emailed the golf cart rental places i found over hear and asked for prices for next year.

and franticly looking all around to see what other things you guys are talking about.

Oh i was very suprised to see that they expanded the 600 loop and saw the google earth stuff that on diser, i forget his name but he has a cool picture under his name has put together, and shows where it now goes, that is our home loop, we have stayed in that loop for every trip i have ever been to disney world.

generally we have been within the first 2 or 3 sites when you enter the loop closes to the path that leads the sing along.

we are gettins so excited for this trip, and can not wait.

oh another question, do you guys write TR's on your stays? and if so do you put them on here, or over on the TR section of the board, just wandering because i need some fort TR's to read to get me through this 1 year of no disney drought.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
Dizney_Luver
Mouseketeer

Dizney_Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizney_Luver View Post
thanks for the welcome

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post

oh another question, do you guys write TR's on your stays? and if so do you put them on here, or over on the TR section of the board, just wandering because i need some fort TR's to read to get me through this 1 year of no disney drought.

Welcome to this community. I have read parts of two of your trip reports - so I recognized the screen name well. I believe it was the report where your son gave mommie a trip for a present??

There is a sticky at the top of this thread where some have posted their Fort related trip reports. Others just put them throughout the forum.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1716996

Enjoy reading - and looking forward to the knowledge you have to share.

kaguilbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaguilbeau View Post
Welcome to this community. I have read parts of two of your trip reports - so I recognized the screen name well. I believe it was the report where your son gave mommie a trip for a present??

There is a sticky at the top of this thread where some have posted their Fort related trip reports. Others just put them throughout the forum.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1716996

Enjoy reading - and looking forward to the knowledge you have to share.
well thanks, yep that was a PreTR when i made up that little suprise for the wife, and we went on that trip in dec of 2008

i read through that, i love taking and posting pics, so i will prob do mine in the TR section then...but i have a year left to talk to you guys and read up on your knowledge of new things that i have missed in hte last few years from FW, i am sure i will take tons of pics at FW and post them in my TR for that trip.

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

Welcome!!
And we love trip reports here.
BradyBz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #7
Shan-man
¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

Yes indeedy, to our little band of crazies, hope you find the surroundings comfy! So what kind of camping do you do? I assume it's not 2 weeks in a tent (but you never know!).

Shan-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #8
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyBz12 View Post
Welcome!!
And we love trip reports here.
great, would you guys want me to post my TR here as well, or just provide you with alink to the TR and write it in the TR section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan-man View Post
Yes indeedy, to our little band of crazies, hope you find the surroundings comfy! So what kind of camping do you do? I assume it's not 2 weeks in a tent (but you never know!).

hey, i forgot your screen name, but it was you i was talking about in my first post about the work you did with the google maps and the new loop configuration.

loop 600 looks like it is going to be awesome.

like i said that is where we have always stayed growing up and hope we stay there again next summer

well i had grown up with my parents in a fifth wheel camping,

now that i have a family of my own, we have a pop up we had to get something small enough that our vehicle can pull until a few years down the road i get a bigger truck to pull a bigger camper.

but for the trip to disney next summer, my parents are taking us and we will be going in there fifth wheel.

it is a 40 footer with 3 slides, 2 sets of bunks in the back with a bathroom for the back of the trailer and one for the front of the trailer.

and most importantly from what i have been reading about everyones love with the adult beverage a fridge on the outside of the trailer next to the door, that holds 2 cases of beer at a a time.

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
FauntleroyFAN07

how do i become a member of the fort fiends, and get a mickey musket, is there a training school that i need to go through, or a question and answer portion that i have to pass.

Do these prerequisites, qualify.

1. Went to a tapeing of the contest show "sandblast" when it was filmed on the beach of FW in the 94 era.

2. Picked up pine cones on the old fitness trail that is now the trail that links FW to the WL and on the way home had the 2 stuffed black trash bags fly out of my dads pick up truck and explode on the highway behind us leaving a very large pile of pine cones on 75 in Georgia, it was very funny for us to see in the rear view mirrors but not sure about he people behind us.

3. Learned to swim in the "old" disney pool by jumping in to the deep end and having my mom jump in after me and from what she told me when she caught up to me " you can swim" me "yep"

4. have stayed in the 600 loop every trip i have ever taken to disney in a camper.

5. Have given chocolate chip cookies to chip and dale at the sing along.

6. Played shuffle board at FW

oh and to butter up whoever is in charge of that logo, i can tell you how to get up to the viewing area of CR without eating dinner up there.

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-17-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
SCCamper
Mouseketeer

Welcome!! I think all you need is beer...and lots of it.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #11
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCamper View Post
Welcome!! I think all you need is beer...and lots of it.
thanks, for the welcome.

beer = good

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #12
michelle9343
DIS Veteran

Welcome aboard
Disney Dream Aug 24th 2012
michelle9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #13
AuburnJen92
DIS Veteran

to be a fort fiend, you must talk about beer....

(and love FW, but mostly talk about beer)
AuburnJen92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #14
Shan-man
¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

The only pre-requisite to be a Fort Fiend is that you love the Fort and long to return there... this Fort-longing is Feind'ing! Although a healthy dose of political in-correctness and love of beer will be of benefit to you as well! If you experience this fiending then you are a Fort Fiend. Feel free to copy the Musket Mickey from my signature to use in your own and welcome to the gang.

Shan-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #15
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle9343 View Post
Welcome aboard
thanks for the welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnJen92 View Post
to be a fort fiend, you must talk about beer....

(and love FW, but mostly talk about beer)
i think i can qualify for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan-man View Post
The only pre-requisite to be a Fort Fiend is that you love the Fort and long to return there... this Fort-longing is Feind'ing! Although a healthy dose of political in-correctness and love of beer will be of benefit to you as well! If you experience this fiending then you are a Fort Fiend. Feel free to copy the Musket Mickey from my signature to use in your own and welcome to the gang.

well that is definetly the case, that is one of the main reasons we bought our own camper so we can go back there and stay longer and camp in FW

love of beer got it, going drinking this weekend, i mean going camping this weekend, and going to drink while camping

i will wait a little bit to copy the musket mickey, i dont want to come over here and copy it right away, maybe next week i will copy it.
i would like to hang out in tihs area for a little first.

Blessed by the Best

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: