Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #46
GOS
Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt & Di View Post
Had a great day riding through Southeastern New Hampshire. It was like a roller coaster ride. Weather was great except for 10 minutes of rain. Hope today will hold out for us too. More riding. Don't know where we are going yet. I go with the flow. Di
My crossed fingers worked then.
Heather crossing the Pond Sept 2014 9 days in WDW May 2014Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2012 travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
Old 06-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #47
GOS

Monday afternoon FO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstroop28 View Post
Oops - sorry about post above - not FO (don't know WHAT is wrong with me this morning!!)

Good morning everyone! It's a rainy, yucky day here in Virginia this morning. Have a KILLER sinus headache, but hopefully will disappear soon. I started on Weight Watchers today and will not STOP until the cruise. I am DETERMINED to get some weight off. I don't have a particular number in my head - to hit before the cruise, but my goal is to be comfortable getting my picture taken since memories are the most important souvenir of the cruise.

Told DH all about the "Fish Extenders" and DIS Tag - he looked at me cross-eyed and was like..."This is our first cruise - do you REALLY want to do this??" I told him I've been waiting 15 years to go on a cruise (and don't know WHEN the next one will be) and I'm doing this one up BIG, by-golly!!)". Then he said he wants to make one ourselves - anyone have a pattern?? Becca (8 year old DD) is REALLY excited about the DIS tag - getting stuff everyday is exciting to her!

Well - better do SOME semblance of work today - my boss just put in her 2 weeks notice and I need to suck her brain dry to get all her knowledge out before she leaves (very sad she's leaving as she is an AWESOME boss!!)
You go girl. Remember....don't get hung up on a number for ww. What ever you loose should be your goal.
Heather crossing the Pond Sept 2014 9 days in WDW May 2014Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2012 travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #48
GOS

Quote:
Thanks for the link, Cass!! I will definitely use it.

We want to make the most out of our cruising experience, so we are going all out on the "extra" stuff. Just make each thing a little more special!
Good for you. You'll enjoy every minute.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #49
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Quote:
Originally Posted by goslingl View Post
I had to study for a CEBS exam that I took this morning
Congrats!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #50
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Who's up for more bug pictures

If not skip this post real quick - hes big and hairy

He flew into our garden on Saturday - no idea what he was, but he was well over and inch long

and heres a fly I photographed on the patio window...yes, I really AM that wierd
Old 06-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #51
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Back to nicer posts now

My passion flower was really hit hard this year by the frosts, had to cut about 6 foot off every stem as it had half died. Here's the first flower of the year...whats funny is that it looks like the goblin is wearing it in his hair

Heres my night time sky shot for college on Thursday - its not very good but I couldnt use my tripod so its a bit blurry

And heres another macro, but a nicer subject than a big hairy bug
Old 06-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #52
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Geez, I've worked hard today.

Caught up on ALL my chores and housework. All I have for tomorrow is a little ironing and I'm done.

Busy week this week, planning and organising for the school summer fair on Friday evening. It's going to be a long day that day - 8.45am til about 10pm. We have to sort all the donations, prep the games, direct the outsource entertainment like bouncy castles, fire engines etc, organise volunteers, set up the stalls, risk assessment etc etc etc... the list goes on and on. I just hope for good weather. Its our biggest fund raiser of the year and if the weather is good we make 2-3 thousand £

I'm trying to keep ahead of myself on chores so I have Friday to concentrate on raising big bucks
Old 06-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #53
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by danandnan View Post
June 14th was also Dan's parents' anniversary. Small world!

N
Congrats to them too then.

Quote:
Oops - sorry about post above - not FO (don't know WHAT is wrong with me this morning!!)

Good morning everyone! It's a rainy, yucky day here in Virginia this morning. Have a KILLER sinus headache, but hopefully will disappear soon. I started on Weight Watchers today and will not STOP until the cruise. I am DETERMINED to get some weight off. I don't have a particular number in my head - to hit before the cruise, but my goal is to be comfortable getting my picture taken since memories are the most important souvenir of the cruise.

Told DH all about the "Fish Extenders" and DIS Tag - he looked at me cross-eyed and was like..."This is our first cruise - do you REALLY want to do this??" I told him I've been waiting 15 years to go on a cruise (and don't know WHEN the next one will be) and I'm doing this one up BIG, by-golly!!)". Then he said he wants to make one ourselves - anyone have a pattern?? Becca (8 year old DD) is REALLY excited about the DIS tag - getting stuff everyday is exciting to her!

Well - better do SOME semblance of work today - my boss just put in her 2 weeks notice and I need to suck her brain dry to get all her knowledge out before she leaves (very sad she's leaving as she is an AWESOME boss!!)
We have a few of us following WW Angie. Good luck with it.

BTW....I sure wish my boss would leave...she's not so awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goslingl View Post
Thanks Jeff for the bread crumbs. I had to study for a CEBS exam that I took this morning (I passed ) and could not dis. 6 down 2 to go.
CEBS??? Congrats anyway Leisha!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #54
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDSMD View Post
No offense to Angie, but how so?

Becky posted after Angie and before I came on to state that I started the new thread. Cass and Becky both posted after me, but before the thread was closed, with Becky being the post right before the Mod (I wouldn't give it to a Mod, but that would be funny. I think they'd win the game though. ).

Then there is the discussion regarding whether the post needs to be at 3,750 per the rules.

Nevermind. I was looking at avatars this morning and Angie's resembles Mommasita's so I thought she had the last post.

I thought the last post was worth something.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:43 PM   #55
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!

Karen, I love your pics...even the hairy bug one's!
Do we all need to beware of you on the cruise with your camera now?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #56
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!

I think I need to change my lunch break time. No one is around to talk to me? Geeeez, I can get that kind of treatment right here at work.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #57
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Karen, I love your pics...even the hairy bug one's!
Do we all need to beware of you on the cruise with your camera now?
Sorry Nancy - I'm here now - just deleting loads of pm's. I was up to 98% capacity, now I'm down to 11 messages

You dont need to beware of me at all.... I do usually ask before I snap a piccie...unless you're wearing a bra on the dance floor and then you're just fair game and asking for it

You had much time to play with your camera yet?

I'm still after the Panasonic TZ7 - but I'm a long way off saving for it yet. Until then I'm happy with my little FX01

Last edited by Karen Mouse; 06-15-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #58
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Wow! - looks like my hairy bug scared everyone away
Old 06-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #59
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Just printed off some more magnets for my door

Last edited by Karen Mouse; 06-16-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #60
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02
I haven't laughed that hard in ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by danandnan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL
Yes it was fun, I tried to make the monkey the other night and failed, so I guess I didn't learn much!!

Good Morning
Weren't you paying attention to your teacher. I will admit Joanne I don't think I could do it either
I see in the new issue of Disney Files they have opened up another restaurant at Downtown Disney besides the REX and ,also I see they have added a Hot Air Balloon ride. When we go to Downtown be for we leave for the Port we can check out both restaurents and see which one we want to try. Or we have the good old stand by Earl of Sandwich.
Well I only have a couple more weeks of work and I will be done until next Spring.
I have made enought to put some extra in the Cruise account and when I got my $ 250.00 SS stimulas I put $100.00 dollars of that into it.
with senen days at sea and around the beaches an pool on ship the KK account will have a little extra.
I know you bumming about the three game loss to the Sox.
Go Sox right Roger.
Everybody have a super Sunday

Soon we will be there
I guess I didn't read back far enough. No I was not able to make the monkey. Finally got the body, but couldn't figure out the head!!

We can eat where ever you like. I didn't see the new places when we were there, didin't walk around too hot and Mom doesn't walk well these days. We are up for what ever you want to do.

Looked at more excursions yesterday. Do you want to go to the beach on St Thomas? We can take a cab to Saphire beach and just hang out, there is snorkling, floats Kyaks etc there? For St Marteen what about the Truk Bay? I don't think the jet boats are for us either.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: