Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #151
Tinkerbell.RN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstroop28 View Post
We have a LOT in common! Are your two daughters coming on the cruise? I have an 11 year old (Abby) who just "graduated" from 5th grade (though, they called it a celebration) and bridged from Juniors to Cadettes. My youngest (Becca) will be turning 8 on the cruise (and going into 2nd grade in the fall). We live in the Richmond, VA area. She's a Brownie (and I'm the leader - yippee - it's all over for the summer!!)

This is our first cruise but we are so excited!!

If your Megan has an email address and wants to "chat" with my Abby, send me a PM and I can give you her email address (she's not online much, so she hasn't joined the kids forum - but as we get closer, I will have her to that!)

TTYL!
Silly me, I read your messages on the last page and PMd you. Now you gave all the answers!! I'll send you Megan's email, too. She got it to join DISBoards and go to the kids site but we didn't finish the paperwork for her own log in. She uses mind on there. She, however, is online A LOT. I guess I created a computer "monster" by getting her on it at 6 months old!!!

Megan finished Juniors but decided not to do Cadettes. Sarah bridged to Juniors. And I am retiring from the GS leader business. Sarah will be in 4th grade next year. And as you saw, Megan will be in 6th.

July 2007 "Pirates In the Mediteranean" Cruise
May 2008 3-night Bahamas Cruise
October 2009 Eastern Caribbean "Bash on the Boat"
April 2012: Easter in the Bahamas!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #152
Tinkerbell.RN
DIS Veteran

Friends Online!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 10:28 PM   #153
Walt & Di
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post
Thank you. I just hope my tutor agrees.

Oooooh, I'll have the one on the right!

ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Di, you should just read one chapter at a time and have your camera with you when you read, and try out what you are reading as you go along. Re-read each chapter if necessary. You'll get so much more out of it (but, then again, you might become a little photo obsessed like I am!)
I will try that. One chapter at a time just like one day at a time for my diet. Di
Old 06-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #154
Walt & Di
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danandnan View Post
Another fellow WWer here. Welcome to the club! Actually I'm lifetime & have managed to stay there for almost 4 years. It is difficult at times but possible.

I agree - and I got the impression that Oprah thought the same thing. It was the fashion people that said it was OK...and probably not for young girls, just the housewives they were trying to doll up.

Ain't that the truth about the 5 hours between lunch & dinner. I think the evening hours are even worse - maybe because we eat between 5 & 5:50. Of cousre the weekend are bad too. More temptations & les structure.

Did you ever make it to the top of Mt Washington?

Hey, now why didn't I think of that in Woburn - NOT!

Hope everyone has a good day. It's a special day here - the sun is shining! DH has gone fishing with DS & I'm ushering at the local summer stock theater this afternoon.

N
We went on the Kakamangus Hwy today. It was great. The weather was nice. It got alittle chilly by the end of the day. Tomorrow is Mt Washington. Hope the weather stays nice for us. Di
Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #155
Tinkerbell.RN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstroop28 View Post
LOL about the Rollover AT&T minutes - those are brilliant commercials!

I am supposed to be working now, but I am in the process of designing my "fish extender". There are some really cute ones online on ebay but DH wants to make it ourselves - so we can personalize it more. Now, my sewing skills aren't fantastic, but I figure I can do a decent job on it. Now, I just need a pattern... (since I am not creative enough to go it alone!)
We bought a fish extender for our last cruise. It was made with a basic Mickey print. Then we painted our names on the pockets and decorated it more with puffy paints. So you might consider that option if you want a little less work!

Old 06-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #156
gstroop28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL View Post
DH is also retired AF from Hurlburt. We lived on Eglin when we first got here. My ds#1 is going to UWF for his masters he is going for his CPA also. He graduated fro FSU in 08.

We love it here are originally from NY & MA. There are not prettier beaches anywhere.
Joanne - I am a certified air force brat! My dad was in for 30 years and would still be in today if they let him.

Instead my little brother is in the air force - just went to Iraq last week - it's his third time there but he only goes for 4 months at a time. Normally no big deal, but his wife is preggo with twins and us due less than 3 weeks after he is scheduled to return!!

I have to agree with you about the beaches - all the way from
Pcola to destin it's just beautiful! My parents have been there 12 years now and wouldn't trade it fir anything!

I'd love to hear about all the places you've Bren stationed! Maybe we've crossed paths before- it's really a small world!!

Magic Eastern - 10/24/2009

Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #157
QJ411
O'hana means family...

Hi everyone!

I posted on the other thread, but I figured I'd stop in here too. I would LOVE to join your meet. We've met some awesome DISers through out the years and we look forward to each one!

My family (DH/DD3) and my BIL (his DW & DS1) just booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago - it was a spur of the moment thing...this will be BIL & his family's first cruise and we are so excited for them.

Looking forward to meeting you guys...

*Also, I wanted to add - may we join in on the Dis Tag as well? We had a blast participating the last couple of times...since I'm a newbie to this thread, I'm not familiar with whom I should PM or email in order to join. THANKS!*

Last edited by QJ411; 06-17-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:58 AM   #158
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt & Di View Post
I will try that. One chapter at a time just like one day at a time for my diet. Di
And dont move on until you've understood and practiced each chapter
Old 06-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #159
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Quote:
Originally Posted by QJ411 View Post
Hi everyone!

I posted on the other thread, but I figured I'd stop in here too. I would LOVE to join your meet. We've met some awesome DISers through out the years and we look forward to each one!

My family (DH/DD3) and my BIL (his DW & DS1) just booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago - it was a spur of the moment thing...this will be BIL & his family's first cruise and we are so excited for them.

*Also, I wanted to add - may we join in on the Dis Tag as well? We had a blast participating the last couple of times...since I'm a newbie to this thread, I'm not familiar with whom I should PM or email in order to join. THANKS!*
Welcome Queenie, Dominick and Maddie!

I'm Karen, crusing with DH Neil and DS Ellis who will just be 9. We're from England.

If you look at post 1 of this thread it gives you lots of info about our cruise.

The other thread you posted on is the kids thread, this is the main one for adults to chat and get to know each other.

If you pm me with your names, childrens names and ages and room number I'll add you to the Distag list

Karen

Last edited by Karen Mouse; 06-17-2009 at 02:08 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:25 AM   #160
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Well good morning people

Its cloudy this morning and yet again I'm up at stooopid o clock

I got my nightime photos done (fianlly) for Thursdays lesson, but I'd like your HONEST opinions please.

Night scenery - help me chose -

Old 06-17-2009, 02:26 AM   #161
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Candlelight

Which one?

Old 06-17-2009, 02:27 AM   #162
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Sparklers!

Which one?

Old 06-17-2009, 04:46 AM   #163
GOS
Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by QJ411 View Post
Hi everyone!

Welcome Queenie and your entourage. This is great group of people and you are very welcome to join in with all the chatter and planning that will happen over the next couple of months before we all cruise together. Lots and lots of info on page 1. As you will see some of us cruised together in 2007 and we had a ball. This one is shaping up to be a great one too.

My name is Heather and my DH is Rick. We will be travelling to the US from the UK in October and can't wait. The others will be along later no doubt to introduce themselves.
Heather crossing the Pond Sept 2014 9 days in WDW May 2014Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2012 travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
Old 06-17-2009, 04:47 AM   #164
GOS

Quote:
Sparklers!

Which one?

I like these two. What was the homework brief?
Heather crossing the Pond Sept 2014 9 days in WDW May 2014Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2012 travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
Old 06-17-2009, 04:51 AM   #165
GOS

Quote:
Night scenery - help me chose -

This one for me.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: